Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] EverQuest Next: The World of EQN Panel Recap

13»

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

For me its all going to boil down to how the PVP is done and waht crafting/resource system they have in place..

If the above turn out to be good then i can live with the cartoon graphics..

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    The obsession with 'realistic' graphics is annoying. Give me fun. GW2 is stylized and looks amazing! You want real then go outside. :)
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    The obsession with 'realistic' graphics is annoying. Give me fun. GW2 is stylized and looks amazing! You want real then go outside. :)

I disagree i hated the GW2 graphics style.. for me i think AOC is one of the best looking MMORPGs out there even 5 years on from release nothing beats it.

We all have different tastes tho

• elyssariaelyssaria Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by Tekaelon

I disagree i hated the GW2 graphics style.. for me i think AOC is one of the best looking MMORPGs out there even 5 years on from release nothing beats it.

Totally agree.... the only hope right now to me is ESO and I still have doubts about that too...

I guess time will tell... EQN have some sweet things but the negative to me is way to overwhelming to let them get my money at this point. 

PS. I still want my revamp of EQ original will some updates and changes but the maincore and difficulty remaining the same.. And ffs don't mix consoles into mmo's since it only brings up dumbed down mmo's (at least these types of MMO's... The Division is a completely different title though which is the main reason I am buying a Xbox One this year).

/E

Your buying an xbox one to play an mmo? but you will be the only person in the world with an xbox one.. hahahah only messing :)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tulxtulx Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

Which game is this screenshot from?

• QuillimQuillim Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

Fairly old games now, without cartoon stylization , looking impressive in present day. None of the EQ series hold up, and I doubt EQn will hold either. Art is what drives the worlds , and when I am playing a cool looking semi realistic avatar, that is immersive to me. To see SOe go from a Vanguard type world , to a WoW type world should be unsettling to the direction they are actually going and the audeince they want to secure. 

imageimageimageimage

Actually.. they all look a bit stylized and a bit cartoony to me. Also, Everquest and Everquest 2 are still being developed for and hold up quite well, almost entirely due to their gameplay. Vanguard? Not so much. Almost entirely due to ITS gameplay.

Pretty Picture MMO's tend to die inglorious deaths. Its been tried, its been found lacking. Its all about the gameplay.

• origen32origen32 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you devs for going with stylized art, finally someone out there "gets" it, too many games try to use real style graphics that just end up looking cheesy, bad rock formations, trees, roads and environments, nothing looks fantastic, when I play a fantasy game I want to be taken into a work of fantastic art and it looks like this will provide. So once again thank you for not following in the footsteps of all the failed mmos who tried to use real style graphics that look great at first but get old after a month.