Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Plea to the Mods / MikeB

Can you please allow us 24 hours to vent / cry / cheer over the EQN reveal and stop locking so many threads? 

Thank you.

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971

I was going to make a thread about this, I could not work out why some of the threads had even been shut down.

Could our moderators consider a policy that they must put a post on the end of the closed thread to explain why they are closing it? I know many of you do, but recently it seems they are just being closed with no explanation, I am not talking just about EQ Next threads here.

It will seem obvious to you as a moderator as to why you are closing the thread. But perhaps I missed the posts where the rants became too much. Just saying something indicating it had got out of hand, or was fracturing into a conversations about everyman and his dog. That sort of simple statement would suffice.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We try to do this, generally. But if the volume of activity necessitates it we may not offer an explanation. You can feel free to contact me directly with any questions over why a thread was locked.

As for the EQNext forums, this is fairly standard procedure for us whenever a forum experiences a significant spike in activity. 40 threads complaining about the cartoony art style aren't necessary, nor are entirely new threads focused entirely on a single sentence from a live stream presentation, etc. These clutter the forums and drown out the ability for users to create unique discussion threads and have them seen by other users. This means that until things die down a bit we'll create a couple of consolidated threads for common discussions and lock and redirect similar threads to the designated thread.

Taking a cursory glance (or searching) through a forum before creating a new thread to see if a similar or identical discussion exists is common courtesy and expected practice across most forum communities and it's especially important when the volume of posts in a particular forum spikes.

This discussion has been closed.