Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horizons...

I'll tell you the same thing about Horizons that I told people about Shadowbane, don't....even...bother. Those that did try Shadowbane of course came back telling me they blew $40-50 for nothing. Horizons will flop and the screenshots they released are not accurate at all to what the game will look like to the average player. If you REALLY had your heart set on Horizons then give it a couple weeks and see what others say, or, simply be one of the first persons to play and exclaim your dissapointments all over the boards. That is all. **click heels and vanishes**

**DAoC - Glalin - 50 Dwarf Thane - MLF Midgard [Retired]**

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Hey vash...long time no see

but anyway....even if it was good, it would stand no chance against wow111 and eq11

....its coming out at the wrong tiem

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Can't see how WoW is a threat since it is not coming out even 6 months  within horizons release.

What I would like to know is why apart from the graphics does it suck.

If it turns out to be really bad then it just shows that waiting for a game is fruitless in mmorpg.Best to do with what is out there .

• PLH2034PLH2034 Member Posts: 58

Vash did you play SWG on the lowca server?

If not some guy stole your name.

• nalanala Member Posts: 173

Jeesh...I REALLY don't understand what the deal here is with people bashing this game...I have seen a lot of stuff about the game, talked to a lot of people...been in beta and have formed very different opinions. Sure....you may not like it, but there are plenty that do.....if you don't like it, fine don't play! Leaves us with more to conquer.

Anyways...seriously, this game will be good.

• redtigerredtiger Member Posts: 124
    There's not much in the way of other games coming out around Horizons so WOW and EQ don't even factor for me. The expected content of  Horizons and the sophistication of the games systems are totally more important than the graphics. what good is a good looking game if it doesn't play well. I'm going to give it the benefit.

• BrazorBrazor Member Posts: 65

EQ  is not going to be out for a year at least....  But you're welcome to not try a different game till then...

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467

...Man this Vash guy gets around- I've seen 'em on SOCOM and just saw someone say they've seen 'em on SWG...

ANYWAZE!!  I don't think I'll really listen to someone who just *poofs* onto the boards and says a game sucks but doesn't give any good reasons.  It would've helped if he atleast said that he was in beta or had some inside info, but for all we know he looked at a few screenies and said "I think I'll hate this game."

D00d give some kinda reasoning for your view on the game, otherwise your just giving a mindless flame.

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

• KentaroKentaro Member UncommonPosts: 53

I'm going to have to agree with Vash and say wait a bit before even thinking of buying this one.  I remember reading similar posts from beta testers warning to stay clear of SB but went ahead and bought the game anyway.  I was suckered for 3 months of nothing but frustration.

So... I'd suggest waiting at least a few weeks after release and reading some reviews before deciding on it.  Besides the first few weeks tend to be stryfe ridden anyhow. (exception AC1, DAoC)

It would be great if they opened up the beta test for everyone in the last few weeks of testing so they could try it for themselves.

As for me, I hope the lineage2 US beta starts around the same time since I'm staying well clear of Horizons.(yes I have "insider" experience) image

I hope FFXI is good as it's the same situation as SB for me except I haven't really seen a lot of discouraging posts about it.  But because of my SB experience I'll be holding off on getting it until I'm convinced it's worth it.

• RaikeRaike Member Posts: 20

Hate to say it to but I have to agree with Vash on this one. I was hoping for so much from HZ, and now it looks like I was let down again. It does have potential, but it still has lots to overcome image . Oh well maybe TOA for DAOC will be good enough to hold me over till EQ2, or WOW, or maybe something else will come up and surprise me.

P.S. this is of course based on inside information , also it's really to bad cuase I so wanted to like HZ.

• teratyateratya Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Good lord. I totally disagree with most of you! I have seen nothing at all that would lead me to believe that Horizons will flop. I think that it has way too many pluses to it that I have not seen with WoW or EQII. I will admit that EQII's graphix are more impressive, but WoWs dotn compare unless your into the campy cartoon style. Horizons housing system seems to set the standard from what Ive seen, and the open ended class system also allows players to mold whatever they want for the most part. Not to mention the crafting system. Unmatched so far. We shall see people. I'll be chillin outside Gamestop for this mug the day it releases, and am sure that I will not be disappointed!

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"

• RaikeRaike Member Posts: 20

Apaprently your not in beta :::^b:: heh.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by PLH2034

Vash did you play SWG on the lowca server?
    If not some guy stole your name.

Someone stole your name on the flurry server too. Don't worry, he was rebel and i pwned him with my pet Ping Pong. image

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • teratyateratya Member UncommonPosts: 347

Originally posted by Raike

Apaprently your not in beta :::^b:: heh.

You are correct I am not in beta, however one cannot count on what the beta testers are saying for two reasons, no body can truly back up what they are saying until the NDA is lifted and I am sure they are holding back some stuff from the testers for sure.

Vash the Stampede is a well known anime character from Trigun...  great anime. image

• BrazorBrazor Member Posts: 65

Wow.. I can't believe how low peoples will go to pump up WOW.

Horizons Beta is only testing specific content areas.. You 'insiders' better get your stories straight. Like someone said before.. there is no proof NDA or not to even consider the quality of horizons yet..

WOW is eye-candy and thats it, we know nothing more about the game, except that (generously) its on par feature-wise. Wake-up, morons, horizons will offer more to the experienced gamer.

EDIT: and yes I have high expectations of EQII, hows about an update?

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Well hate to say this but the general rule of thumbs i have to give to the beta testers been right.

Of course we all know its all rumours and half the people claiming to be in beta actually are not just joining the bandwagon.

My experience with beta and final product seems to be this.They are almost identical.yes some content is added and such but if the gameplay sucked in beta it will suck in the live version.

Peoblem is that people say it sucks and can't give why it sucks.

Take DAoC in early beta the content was very little but with servers down and everyone running like headless chickens we judged the game based on the gameplay which was very good.

Heck i can't remember one single beta tester complain about the small world or low cotent back then.Most beta testers judge a game based on gameplay and bugs

Eve online i was in beta 3.We complained that the game had the most boring beginning in any mmorpg out there and apparently this complaints were lodged by others before beta 3.We complained that the gameplay needed some major spicing.Did anything get changed from live version.No!

AO.Same.

SWg.same.

AC2.same.

I would love horizons to prove this guys wrong though.

Originally posted by Brazor

Wow.. I can't believe how low peoples will go to pump up WOW.
    Horizons Beta is only testing specific content areas.. You 'insiders' better get your stories straight. Like someone said before.. there is no proof NDA or not to even consider the quality of horizons yet..
    WOW is eye-candy and thats it, we know nothing more about the game, except that (generously) its on par feature-wise. Wake-up, morons, horizons will offer more to the experienced gamer.
    EDIT: and yes I have high expectations of EQII, hows about an update?

Just to clear some things up, when I say wait before getting this one or I'm staying clear of it, I don't mean the game totally sucks but rather I'm disappointed in it after having played many MMORPGs.

There are those who absolutely love the game and I'm sure first timers will like it as well.

Believe me I was pumped about this game and even posted many suggestions for them to improve the game(none of which involves content) which sadly(for me) are probably never read by the devs anyway.  Artifact still has a few months so maybe they'll surprise me, but as hercules said late betas and retail do not differ greatly.

I'm hoping EQII delivers as well even though I hate verant.  Hopefully verant's 3rd will do better than the 1st ones from new companies.

• knutknut Member Posts: 46

I totally disagree with most of you!!!

Horizons is going to be a great game. I am sure is will have a great success. The graphics looks good and the gameplay is great.

And WoW is not a threaten to Horizons (because the late release date).

I agree that WoW is going to be MUCH!!! better than Horizons, but Horizons is going to be the best MMORPG on the market until WoW is released!  

-----------------------

Horizons EU beta tester

Ragnos the Dragon : level 14 Warrior, level 12 Cleric and level 10 Mage