Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is a marketing tool that sold out old school EQ Players

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

This game is so easy to read from maketing that here what your PILE OF EVERCRAP NEXT came from:

1. Guidlwars 2 Game world art (2 years ago when this started development GW2 was the big hype)

2. Minecraft game mechanics (#1 app downloaded, Minecrafter will love this game)

3. Free Realms 2.0  (free realms players are now teens and will love this game)

4. AoE red ares on ground (Neverwinter Nights by Perfect World)

5. Yes... WOW and disney  (The Exact Level of cartoon detail in characters, Shoulder pads, Orcs)  and yes the wow kids who are now teens will love this game.  So will every soccor mom whos gaga for Justin Beiber.

If your an adult that started on EQ1 or EQOA, your going to have to swallow all this crap to start to like this game....

Remember when the Simpsons use to make fun of boy bands like NSYNC, then they actually had a video of NSYNC in thier show and you looked at your friend all wierd like, because you knew it just jumped the shark... sold out, switched sides.

Remember when Fonzi was cool, and then he decided he would JUMP THE SHARK?

EVERQUEST HAS JUMPED THE SHARK....     And all the old school players are left in the water with all the wow loving, minecraft loving, guild wars 2 loving, free realms loving SHARKS!!!!!!

That about sum it up for you SON.

Comments

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

EQ/EQ2 player here.

Don't feel sold out at all. Actually looking forward to it.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• TicklepinkTicklepink Member UncommonPosts: 123
    +100 I totally concur with the OP.

• kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

you can liken it to how Metallica sold out...

badass at the beginning...

.....then not so much.

......then just plain garbage

• PewpsockemzPewpsockemz Member Posts: 49
    You sound like you just learned about the phrase "Jumped the shark." Good.
  • bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

I agree 100% OP, and I am getting old, an old player who started with EQ in 99. I wanted this to be the new true EQ successor, but again the mighty have proven to us more than once that they can't give us what we ask for. Instead I see this tonight, and I am like well crap now I am disappointed in the facts that it is moving toward the route of WOW GW2 cartoony graphics, no trinity, and above all they lied to all of us.

The first dev videos, the same devs who are on the team for EQ Next right now spoke out saying they are keeping the EQ core in hand and mainly are building upon it with better graphics that will be amazing. That they wanted to keep the same premise that EQ is. Instead we get this crap, WOW-GW2 like spin, with no trinity. EQ was based on support, grouping to get things done. I am not a happy camper.

• VindictusVindictus Member UncommonPosts: 49

Old school EQ veteran here... They said many times that this wasn't EQ, and it wasn't EQ2 and that it wasn't supposed to take the place of those games, but instead it was something new.

I am really excited about the direction they're going with EQ Next.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

your initial post of this was so lame you had to make a thread out of it?
    protip: stop calling people son. it makes you sound like a moron.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521
    Originally posted by fistorm

This game is so easy to read from maketing that here what your PILE OF EVERCRAP NEXT came from:

1. Guidlwars 2 Game world art (2 years ago when this started development GW2 was the big hype)

2. Minecraft game mechanics (#1 app downloaded, Minecrafter will love this game)

5. Yes... WOW and disney  (The Exact Level of cartoon detail in characters, Shoulder pads, Orcs)  and yes the wow kids who are now teens will love this game.  So will every soccor mom whos gaga for Justin Beiber.

If your an adult that started on EQ1 or EQOA, your going to have to swallow all this crap to start to like this game....

Remember when the Simpsons use to make fun of boy bands like NSYNC, then they actually had a video of NSYNC in thier show and you looked at your friend all wierd like, because you knew it just jumped the shark... sold out, switched sides.

EVERQUEST HAS JUMPED THE SHARK....     And all the old school players are left in the water with all the wow loving, minecraft loving, guild wars 2 loving, free realms loving SHARKS!!!!!!

QFT

• deadhead74deadhead74 Member UncommonPosts: 19

You mean I wont be able to raid for 60 hours each week for my +2 sword that has green flames in EQNext?

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Vindictus

Old school EQ veteran here... They said many times that this wasn't EQ, and it wasn't EQ2 and that it wasn't supposed to take the place of those games, but instead it was something new.

Your right, its not EQ, its not even EQ2, its all those games I just listed above, in fact why not add a 2 to all those games names listed above and see if they feel more like them rather then EQ.

Can you feel that in your GUT, its telling you:

Minecraft 2,  yes it definatly feels like it

Guildwars 3, you bet it could pass

Wow 2, it sure feels almost right

Disney Lion King part 3, you bet we could get the jungle boy to let the Lion king chase accross norrath.

EQ?  Nah, its not suppose to feel like that, its suppose to be NEW...... and away we go to fantasy land!

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

It's a different game set in the EQ universe, I personally don't feel sold out. If the game was called "EverQuest 3" and was advertised as a successor to the previous games then I could understand the banter.

Seeing as they did nothing of that, I am looking forward to the game to be perfectly honest.

• KyllienKyllien Member UncommonPosts: 315
    What do the game mechanics have to do with the lore of Everquest?
  • kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by andrewr47
    Originally posted by krulux

You Mad Bro?

I would say he is, and so am I. But we are all entitled to our own opinions. By your post I assume that you don't agree with the OP, but your post doesn't make his post any less legit (you just can't seem to come up with any arguments yourself). 

I'm a fanboi.  I have arguments.. but my rebuttal post warrants the same level effort as the OP's/

• NodboNNodboN Member UncommonPosts: 50

i agree with most the stuff, but minecraft.

EQN landmark is a seperate game, at least that what it sounds like, for building the world it self seeing what works, then devs can put it in the world if its acceptable. witch is ok cause its on different game on a seperate sever from the core game of EQN

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267

Your right, its not EQ, its not even EQ2, its all those games I just listed above, in fact why not add a 2 to all those games names listed above and see if they feel more like them rather then EQ.

Can you feel that in your GUT, its telling you:

Minecraft 2,  yes it definatly feels like it

Guildwars 3, you bet it could pass

Wow 2, it sure feels almost right

Disney Lion King part 3, you bet we could get the jungle boy to let the Lion king chase accross norrath.

EQ?  Nah, its not suppose to feel like that, its suppose to be NEW...... and away we go to fantasy land!

I realize continuity and coherent speaking (oh...and math) aren't your forte, however, criticizing a game for refining features in games that came before it makes zero sense.

I'll never post on these forums again and delete my account if you can name a recent (last 2 years) game that has NO features from a previous game.

That's like whining about the new Corvette because they had the audacity to include cruise control when you clearly always want to be in control of the gas pedal!

Everything in life is just an adaptation of something before, at this point in time it's all old-hat, now it's just a matter of finding the best way to implement what they've chosen.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by DMKano

This is correct - they are going for MMO-Lite crowd, super casual players.

Both EQ1 and EQ2 playerbases are a lot more serious and veteran MMORPG players.

EQN is not targeting serious MMORPG gamers, that much is clear - hence why there are no trinity roles as that requires some planning and groups working together.

Everyone looking out for themselves is the super casual route - no planning required, run and gun all the way.

You know nothing of the death penalties (if any), the crafting (I'd expect something involved), the encounter difficulty (please don't give me the shallow argument of "look at the footage" it was a tech demo, if you're a veteran you understand that it was ONLY there to show the graphics and/or framework and very little, if any, AI).

So please....how do you know that it's for the MMO-lite?

If it is...cool...I'll still enjoy it and yes I was there playing EQ with you (supposedly) at release, and Anarchy Online and AC: Darktide etc..etc...etc..  Don't come lord your rather typical gaming experience as if it makes you an expert.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

This discussion has been closed.