Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your biggest disappointment about EQNext

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
Vote vote vote .... who am I kidding, you can't help yourself, go click that button.

Comments

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    I was going to vote I have no disappointment than I saw the last choice...
  • wizardanimwizardanim Member Posts: 278

I rather liked everything I heard so far.

They will come forward with more info when they are ready.  Then, I will be critical of the systems.  I wont judge this new multi-class implementation (their version) until I can try it.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    my biggest disappointment? This forum, although I probably should have expected it
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

I have no disappointments as I haven't played the game yet.

Ask me a few weeks after launch. Only then can I give an honest answer.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Granted its all rampant speculation with little merit in how it will turn out... I was going to answer...

but then I realized the worst part.

Children crying about cartoony graphics. Yes... I'm quite sick of hearing the little kids crying its to kiddie for them and going on rampant tirades about it on the forums since they think playing it will make them seem uncool to their 5th grade classmates. 

Maybe when the kids all settle down and head off to bed, then I can give a good objective response to what I seen in the 'reveal' that leaves me 'worried' more so then disappointed since its not even out or in any solid state to make judgements on and its silly to do so.

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359
    So far my only disappointment is the apparent stupidity of the average gamer because they don't quite grasp what is going on here.
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Instead of asking what people hate, why not ask what people liked. You could use the same exact poll choices.
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

The fact I tricked myself because of a Smedley quote/SOE saying how far along the game was that I honestly believed the game could release around Christmas time

At this point I'd expect the game in 2015, and the way SOE was talking I thought 2013 was very realistic.

I can't stay hyped for 2 years straight for a game. I was hyped because I thought the game was close.

ESO and EQN are competing to see which game can postpone the longest.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by hMJem

The fact I tricked myself because of a Smedley quote/SOE saying how far along the game was that I honestly believed the game could release around Christmas time

At this point I'd expect the game in 2015, and the way SOE was talking I thought 2013 was very realistic.

I can't stay hyped for 2 years straight for a game. I was hyped because I thought the game was close.

ESO and EQN are competing to see which game can postpone the longest.

You have a point. I feel disappointed that I fell for the same thing. The way they made it sound the game was near completion and we would have it a lot sooner. Now we find out they meant we would have Landmark and EQN is really still in the early/middle stages of development.

Oh well, my own fault for that I guess.

Still will have to wait to play the game before I can pass judgement on it.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• pvpirlpvpirl Member UncommonPosts: 178

The total lack of EQ feel to it.

The clusterfuck action combat.

The lack of class interdependence i.e. lack of trinity.

The multiclass system

The item system.

The evisceration of the lore.

The Kerrans' Chester Cheetah face.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    f2p + no trinity = fail
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    There wasn't enough crying about it on the forums.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

1.Cartoonish art style

2.Faceroll Combat / zerg fest combat

3.Supposedly no trinity,Everyone can be everything.

4. Telegraphing AoEs

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I was disappointed the game wasn't playable.

• kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by djazzy
    my biggest disappointment? This forum, although I probably should have expected it

You beat me to it.. djazzy.  This exactly.

I think some of us have become so jaded and cynical, even pessimistic to the point we can't let ourselves enjoy anything anymore. 

I am one of the ones that would have really wanted a true EQ3 and wanted it old school.  But something happened to me while I watched the reveal.  I saw EQN for what it might be.. what it can become.

If we the players, as a community, get behind the game fully.. and stop bitching about what its not and start seeing the game with the same openness we had for the original EQ - the magic can happen again.

I've said it in a dozen posts by now - we the players are EVERQUEST.  The "game" is just a mechanic to allow us to adventure together.  

• seacow1gseacow1g Member UncommonPosts: 266
    I was disappointed most by the fact that all indications suggest the game will be faceroll for the most part like GW2 and WoW and that they got faceroll "action" combat like GW2 (which sounds good on paper but turns out to be a massive zergfest). I'm totally let down atm. 

Originally posted by krulux
    Originally posted by djazzy

You beat me to it.. djazzy.  This exactly.

I think some of us have become so jaded and cynical, even pessimistic to the point we can't let ourselves enjoy anything anymore. 

I am one of the ones that would have really wanted a true EQ3 and wanted it old school.  But something happened to me while I watched the reveal.  I saw EQN for what it might be.. what it can become.

If we the players, as a community, get behind the game fully.. and stop bitching about what its not and start seeing the game with the same openness we had for the original EQ - the magic can happen again.

I've said it in a dozen posts by now - we the players are EVERQUEST.  The "game" is just a mechanic to allow us to adventure together.  

That was deep man,truly deep..

I was starting to hear that dramatic speech music playing in the back round as i read your post.

now,change the art style and I'll  be gung ho.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I have very mixed views on EQN. They redid the story, remade the map, changed the art direction and combat. I have to ask, why the hell didn't they make a new IP? It would of been better in many ways if they did.

I am still liking the game. It has many great concepts and ideas. However looking at it again I'm surprised how gamey it is. This is no virtual world where you can role play. From what I see, you will be constantly reminded that you are in a game. That's fine in itself but for me, thats not an EQ game.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I actually loved everything I saw
  • JedidiahTheadoreJedidiahTheadore Member Posts: 48
    The only disappointment I have is that they refuse to talk about PVP and housing.

I'm happy that there will be multiple servers though. I was worried it would be one mega server with instanced (channels) regions a la ESO and a few other games.
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Granted its all rampant speculation with little merit in how it will turn out... I was going to answer...

Children crying about cartoony graphics. Yes... I'm quite sick of hearing the little kids crying its to kiddie for them and going on rampant tirades about it on the forums since they think playing it will make them seem uncool to their 5th grade classmates. 

Maybe when the kids all settle down and head off to bed, then I can give a good objective response to what I seen in the 'reveal' that leaves me 'worried' more so then disappointed since its not even out or in any solid state to make judgements on and its silly to do so.

Geez, I dont really like the graphics and would have prefered a more realistic approach, but im 40.  Tell me, does that mean im a little kiddie?  At my ripe old age i would nearly find it a compliment.  :)

The features may out weigh the gfx, who can say for sure.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Only thing that really disappointed me was action combat.  From what I've seen, at least there doesn't appear to be any damned dodge function.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by adderVXI

Geez, I dont really like the graphics and would have prefered a more realistic approach, but im 40.  Tell me, does that mean im a little kiddie?  At my ripe old age i would nearly find it a compliment.  :)

Nothing wrong with that, the problem is those (the lot) claiming its for little kids and its 'kiddish' graphics. We can all have opinions on graphics, it becomes annoying when its rampant spam about it, particularly when its included with lots of people loving to push out that its 'easy' and 'made for children'. I know not everyone will like it, but its just annoying to hear all the crying and then include that with some stupid generalization. You don't nessiarily support that, but sadly a lot of people arguing with the graphics (vocally) sadly seem to be on the "I'm to cool to do that" train rather then giving good reasoning. 

yes,youre supposed to be fine with all of it....otherwise youre a kid.

They could have done something in the middle with character art style,like Planetside 2 style would have been fine..

but the "ripped right out of a Disney movie" style characters dont do it for me and shouldnt belong in an Everquest game as far as Im concerned.

Nothing wrong with that, the problem is those (the lot) claiming its for little kids and its 'kiddish' graphics. We can all have opinions on graphics, it becomes annoying when its rampant spam about it, particularly when its included with lots of people loving to push out that its 'easy' and 'made for children'. I know not everyone will like it, but its just annoying to hear all the crying and then include that with some stupid generalization. You don't nessiarily support that, but sadly a lot of people arguing with the graphics (vocally) sadly seem to be on the "I'm to cool to do that" train rather then giving good reasoning. 

1) the character art styles are kiddish

2) its not about "being too cool for that"...its a matter of preference.

example:

Batman the animated series?

or

Tangled

I'll take Batman the animated series.

now you try.