Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To all the haters we get it

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Your upset. You don't like the Disney like faces on the 2 or 3 character models that were shown. We understand. However it doesn't take you posting your rage into 100s of threads for all to see. Some of you have probably wracked up over 1000 posts on this site in just the last 24 hours. Just from graphics comments alone.

We understand that you did not get all of the info for everything a game that is still in early development is going to offer. I'm sure if SOE could they would apologize to each and everyone of you for not fulfilling each and everyone's expectations from this teaser of info on what looks to be a HUGE game.

Now the tune is changing. Not only are you upset about that lions face and shoulder pads. But now rumors are starting to popup like the whole no holy trinity. Due to people reading way deeper into a single comment or someone taking something out of context. We get it rumors can be upsetting. But most of you people that are raging over graphics have already stated your not going anywhere near this Disney fest anyway. So why are you upset over unconfirmed rumors? That's what we don't understand.

Like I said we get it. Your upset and are going to play a different game. So please for the love of God, go do so. Take a deep breath and try to find enjoyment in that other game,or thoughts of enjoying your game of greatness. 

Its alright you can rest now. You got your point across. Everything will be ok.

Comments

• TicklepinkTicklepink Member UncommonPosts: 123

You do know that I have every right to show my displeasure with a product as long as I please just as you have every right to show you're pleased ..yea?

I had high hopes for this game and responding to graphics posts respectfully should be just that..respected.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

This is only the beginning ...

As Sovrath said in another thread... wait until the so-called PvP features come out.

• AndraviusAndravius Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Well healthy criticism is welcomed in my book.  I'm pretty sure that SOE would like the feed back anyway.  That being said I do wish people would pick one thread and use that one.
  • QuorinaQuorina Member Posts: 41

I don't see constructive criticism, or any criticism at all, as "hating" a game. A lot of people were really looking forward to whatever feature they were looking forward to. You're not new to these forums, are you? People "hate" on games all the time here.

I don't think it is any more being a "hater" than it is you being a "fanboy".

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

it's the forum goers on this website really, just a bunch of bitter old gits

It happens for every single mmorpg here.

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    At this rate, I'm pretty sure PVP will be like DCUO Legends battles where we get to use the little mermaid to beat up the lion king >.>
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

The jaded "sandbox or die" community that flocked to support EQ Next has been trolling other subforums for years.  They still do!  Everything else but this GOLDEN PERFECT REVOLUTION is a WoW clone themepark for casual kiddies who faceroll and press 1,2,3 all day long while standing still and blah blah blah.

But suddenly they can't take any criticism of their baby (that people will quietly discard after launch like they do all their other "christ projects").  Sorry I've paid enough to SOE over the years that I feel I am perfectly within my rights to comment on the direction of their flagship series (that is subscriptions back when they made those MMORPG's I'm sure others have spent far more in far less time in their new cash shops). 

"deal with it"

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I just wish they would stop posting, I am all for opposing points of view, and want to hear good criticism of EQN, but this endless, childish, snide whining about the art style, with no acknowledgement of any of the game mechanics in many cases is pissing me off.

This is by far the most ambitious sandbox project in mmo history, it is what many of us have been waiting for during all those dark years with WoW casting its themeparky shadow over everything. Apparently all this time the many, many gameplay shortcomings of Blizz’s juggernaut where not the problem, it was that is didn’t go for an instantly dated, un-optimized “M/TUR£” look, so apparently replace the character models with those of Gears of War and all the WoW haters here would re-sub in an instant ;) 

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215

OP, I'm playing the game and am looking forward to it even though I do have my concerns with the class system but you uhhh, might want to uhhh well this...

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    I do wish these forums were a bit more moderated at times so we'd have topics consolidated in a few specific threads, and baseless trolly statements adding nothing to the discussion were deleted.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Originally posted by Ticklepink

You do know that I have every right to show my displeasure with a product as long as I please just as you have every right to show you're pleased ..yea?

I had high hopes for this game and responding to graphics posts respectfully should be just that..respected.

You also have the right to poop on your dinner table.. Doesn't mean you should..

Originally posted by cybertrucker

Your upset. You don't like the Disney like faces on the 2 or 3 character models that were shown. We understand. However it doesn't take you posting your rage into 100s of threads for all to see. Some of you have probably wracked up over 1000 posts on this site in just the last 24 hours. Just from graphics comments alone.

We understand that you did not get all of the info for everything a game that is still in early development is going to offer. I'm sure if SOE could they would apologize to each and everyone of you for not fulfilling each and everyone's expectations from this teaser of info on what looks to be a HUGE game.

Now the tune is changing. Not only are you upset about that lions face and shoulder pads. But now rumors are starting to popup like the whole no holy trinity. Due to people reading way deeper into a single comment or someone taking something out of context. We get it rumors can be upsetting. But most of you people that are raging over graphics have already stated your not going anywhere near this Disney fest anyway. So why are you upset over unconfirmed rumors? That's what we don't understand.

Like I said we get it. Your upset and are going to play a different game. So please for the love of God, go do so. Take a deep breath and try to find enjoyment in that other game,or thoughts of enjoying your game of greatness. 

Glad someone said it. image

• RorrinRorrin Member UncommonPosts: 29
    revealing Tangled 2 to a purist EQ community is bound to elicit such a reaction. this is just volley one, now we'll see what SOE responds with.
    Originally posted by mcrippins

You also have the right to poop on your dinner table.. Doesn't mean you should..

I specified respectful..and that wasn't very respectful. you sound like one of those "Haters" that the OP tried to tag on any one who wasn't a rabid fan boi.

There's the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover."  If this game were a book - you'd be judging a couple of pieces of paper with the first few words on it. 

Originally posted by mcrippins

I specified respectful..and that wasn't very respectful. you sound like one of those "Haters" that the OP tried to tag on any one who wasn't a rabid fan boi.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings with my incredibly disrespectful post. Simply trying to show you another perspective in line with your 'argument'.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by DMKano

Despite not liking the art direction and overall "mmo-lite" (no set roles, action combat, no xp from mobs etc...) approach, I will still give it a shot.

Maybe despite all its apparent shortcomings on paper, it might be a really fun game hands on.

Impossible to know without first hand experience.

At least you have some actual reasons apart from the look.

I don't see how it's "mmo-lite" to avoid set roles as it can mean more intense and spontaneous combat for each member of a group, (no more just spamming health bars or ranged dps falling asleep) the co-ordination will depend on what mechanics they have in place, and action combat is not incompatible with depth (its just not done very often so far).

Not sure what kind of combat you want but its its tab target, hotbar with 40 skills on the screen at once, I am afraid to say that ship has sailed, and sank, and was eaten by sharks. Lets face it, it wasn't very deep any when you whittled down the skills to the most used, and macro-ed the rest, and UI taking over the screen doesn't help immersion.

No exp from mobs (at least for leveling) allows for less division between players, which is more realistic, as people in a medieval setting in the wild would be "separated" by skill and experience, not "levels", and along with the death of mass linear quest chains we can get a true open world community, and parties for company and tactics, regardless of relative time spent on that character (no need for a mentor system). You can see this philosophy in Firefall. This opens up exploration better than anything else.

I don't see this as dumbing down, just removing traditional RPG staples that hurt virtual world development.

There's also the saying "Don't take any wooden nickles"..."A sucker is born every minute" Whats your point?..I watched the presentation that took me through over acted expression..jerky animations..HUGE particle explosions and one swing mob victories. The entire purpose of this reveal was to give us a good understanding of this games direction. And it did.

• hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93
    We..the ones you called haters.. have been telling you and others what was comming in every single thread of the hundreds that have flooded this site since eqn was announced and you all began to act like teens in a Bieber concert.
    So to answer your question, no, i wont stop posting in any thread i feel like doing and creating the threads i feel like.
    Is funny how now someones beguin to ask know for more moderation in the forums. .told us where have the bad man touched you
  • ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Your never going to please everyone and people are entitled to their opinions, especially on a forum such as this. It would be very boring if we all thought the same. That said I am surprised at some of the negativity and I've been around these forums for awhile now. Things like "how can you build a community with action combat" comes to mind but that's not all. Maybe I'm surprised because I think the game looks and sounds amazing but whatever the reason I don't need to sell my opinions.
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by Zorlofe

OP, I'm playing the game and am looking forward to it even though I do have my concerns with the class system but you uhhh, might want to uhhh well this...

There is a huge difference between voicing a concern and raging over every topic that's posted. And well that's what we are starting to see here. Many times the topic is then same in multiple threads.. yet we keep seeing  many of the same people in everyone of them raging the game..we get it....we get it..calm Down.

lets face it. There's really not enough OFFICIAL information that's been released. Many of those ragers who have already beaten that horse silly, and have claimed they don't even plan to play are now raging against rumors and speculation. 

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

We don't need no stinkin fan boys here.  This is EQ!  We are all fan boys.  We will complain until it makes sense -- Sense EQ-ways!

I am OK with change.  Hell I might love every other thing they announced.  But I don't like the kerran graphics (at least) -- and the human girl looks like she belongs in a beauty pagent -- not a dungeon (at least).  And I do not like the combat I hear.  I do not like the Class structure I hear.

Rest of the game might be terrifiic.

But Guess what? Combat Bad?  It will bomb.  Graphics Bad?  We'll just whine for the next 8 years -- I could live with it, but I want to let them know I'd like it changed.

Bad combat?  Bad tactics?  Most of us will go elsewhere.

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
    This thread is troll food. The fact that people love it or hate it will be there with any game. This is an MMO site for many mmo's. No came to this site because they love EQ and Love EQN. they came here because while they may have played these games they also want to express the way they feel about every single game they have some kind of interest in. Honestly if you want to feel love about EQN then use the EQN website..there is much less hate there because MOST ppl made the account and follow those forums because they care about the game. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and most people express it in really really over exagerated ways. My best advise here is that if you plan on defending the game on a site that that is not devoted to the game then just be prepared that ppl will attack you on every point you make. Dont get me wrong, not every person is like that on this site and there a many who will keep things positive and in focus but for every one of those people on this site there are 2 more that will just troll the $h!t out of you because they can.

There's also the saying "Don't take any wooden nickles"..."A sucker is born every minute" Whats your point?..I watched the presentation that took me through over acted expression..jerky animations..HUGE particle explosions and one swing mob victories. The entire purpose of this reveal was to give us a good understanding of this games direction. And it did.

The point is actually simple. I felt the OP made it pretty clear. If you're thinking to yourself "man this game looks like crap - I won't touch that thing evarrrr" 

That's fine. That's great! You have about a million more choices of games to choose from. Why sit here and voice enraged opinions about a game that is most likely more than a year away from release, when you (relative; not directed at you specifically) already have no desire to play it? Doesn't really make sense. Would you walk up to a group of strangers and start talking about some random food you don't like? I mean you could.. but why?

That being said - nothing is wrong with constructive criticism. SOE absolutely wants that according to the official debut vods. They even have programs such as the round table to provide your opinions. Also, as others have posted - this happens for every game, and in my opinion it can ruin potentially good games. Word of mouth is a form of advertisement that works very well in certain scenarios. Now more than ever - people are basing their opinions off of word of mouth instead of actually trying it for themselves. Such as life. Just trying to promote a positive message with hints of sarcasm.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    What else would you expect? Haters got to hate.  If you think you've seen fireworks up to this point, wait until they reveal that PvP isn't going to be the full loot gankfest that some of them have been dreaming of... ^^  The hysteria is really going to be epic.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
This discussion has been closed.