Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ Next - A Whole New World

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I enjoyed. I'll embed it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

LMFAO

Perfect !!

I made this the other day when I was bored ~

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    The music for beauty & the beast would work too
  • ZubatiZubati Member UncommonPosts: 10
    What is wrong with soe? Cartoon characters are horrible we don't want wow we want EQ!
    Originally posted by Zubati
    What is wrong with soe? Cartoon characters are horrible we don't want wow we want EQ!

Everyone except the coders were drunk when they made this game.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

"A Whole New World"  isnt that a Disney song?      

I felt my junk shrinking listening to it..

The world I like,the characters I dont.

Originally posted by tank017

"A Whole New World"

isnt that a Disney song?

Aladdin.

• reichtreicht Member Posts: 41

The reason people are hating on the graphics is as simple as this, there is nothing else to hate on... and haters gonna hate.

And don't bitch about combat, super early tech demos of every game look unappealing.

Originally posted by reicht

The reason people are hating on the graphics is as simple as this, there is nothing else to hate on... and haters gonna hate.

And don't bitch about combat, super early tech demos of every game look unappealing.

if its deserving of the hate,then hate we shall.

The art style sucks.

You just proved in your post about there being nothing else to hate on that there is, in fact, something else to hate on.. you said it yourself. Well done.

But really.. all they showed was graphics and a bit of combat. Everything else was just words and concepts.. no proof and nothing to show. EQ Landmark isn't even the same game.. so that's not to be included.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I don't like the gameplay so far, but we have seen so very little.

Regardless, graphics and especially the art style do matter to most people. I said this before release when people claimed gameplay is all that mattered. Well it's not, graphics are part of immersion, which is very important in MMO.

And they messed up that part so much that it sticks out like a sore thumb.

• VarkainVarkain Member Posts: 4
    I'm still hopefull for this game, was hoping for more realistic art style but can live with it.
    There's still a lot of potential if it truly is sandbox, we will have to wait and see
  • aeremusaeremus Member Posts: 16
    Had a big problem with all the combat animations most of them made it so you could see nothing else on the screen and that was only 2 characters what happens when you have 5 or 10? you will not be able to see anything but a bunch of animations on your screen.
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Let me fix the thread title for you...

"EQ Next - A Whole New World...of Warcraft"

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by aeremus
    Had a big problem with all the combat animations most of them made it so you could see nothing else on the screen and that was only 2 characters what happens when you have 5 or 10? you will not be able to see anything but a bunch of animations on your screen.

The effects were obviously overblown, but that's something you fine tune later in the development cycle, and for which you add sliders in your graphic settings too. They possibly increased the effects for the show, so that it's more "impressive", sort of.

Seems like a mistake if they did that for the sake of the show. Besides the GFX it's the other thing most people complained about.

• reichtreicht Member Posts: 41

The art style sucks.

No, it is a matter of opinion, and you know you can't be called to term for your opinion so you are hating on something that cannot be proven good nor bad... you're just pretending you and 5 other people here's opinion are fact through poor usage of English.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I'm holding back complaining about the look of the game so far.  Although, why Tony the Tiger is in Everquest Next I dont know.  Okay, that is all for the moment.  I need to see more and the finished product I guess before full bitch mode starts here. 
  • UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521
    Personnally I might be ok with the world art / landscape - I'd need to see more to know.  But I hate the character art. Hate it.

The art style sucks.

No, it is a matter of opinion, and you know you can't be called to term for your opinion so you are hating on something that cannot be proven good nor bad... you're just pretending you and 5 other people here's opinion are fact through poor usage of English.

.......what??

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Love it!

I lol'd hard!! :D

• munx4555munx4555 Member Posts: 169
    Matched really well, for some reason this made me even more excited about the graphics.
  • SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306
    The OP is probably meant as an insult, but I have to say, it brought a tear to my eye haha :) I actually will be looking forward to giving EQN a chance, it certainly is something that has caught my eye in an impressive manner.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

The art style sucks.

It's more like 5 people here may LIKE the art style, and that's counting you.  The style does suck and it can be proven good or bad. If SOE changes it it was obviously bad.  If they keep it and people don't play it for that reason, it was obviously bad.  If they don't change it and it ends up a huge success then it was obviously good or didn't matter.  Besides, last I checked we are allowed to have and voice our opinions if they differ from yours.  

I'll say it again since it appears to push a button of yours... The art style sux arse! 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Latronus

The art style sucks.

It's more like 5 people here may LIKE the art style, and that's counting you.  The style does suck and it can be proven good or bad. If SOE changes it it was obviously bad.  If they keep it and people don't play it for that reason, it was obviously bad.  If they don't change it and it ends up a huge success then it was obviously good or didn't matter.  Besides, last I checked we are allowed to have and voice our opinions if they differ from yours.  

I'll say it again since it appears to push a button of yours... The art style sux arse! 

They're not going to change the art style, just forgeddit...

The whole game design is based around it, and it's closely tied to the emote system as well.

I've seen hundreds of posts on these very forums proclaiming that "game play always trumps gfx". If anyone refuses to play the game purely due to the gfx, well...

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Latronus

The art style sucks.

1. SOE will not change the overall art style.  To even think there would be an uproar big enough to make SOE completely change art styles is dumb.

2. I am pretty sure SOE has ran this art style thru their marketing testing system. 

You are right, you have your opinion. So give it.  But  keep your opinion about yourself.  You have no idea how popular or unpopular this art style is to the rest of us.