Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Beta Sign-Ups Begin; EverQuest Worlds App Released

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Sign-ups for the beta tests for both EverQuest Next and EverQuest Next Landmark have (officially, this time) begun.

In addition, SOE has released an app called "EverQuest Worlds" that will allow gamers to "earn prizes and gain access to EverQuest Next content and news" by participating in the app's quest content.

EverQuest Worlds iOS / EverQuest Worlds Android

Comments

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

Personally, I am let down by SOE.  Think I'll wait till after this one releases and try it then, maybe. Thats if i am not already spending 100% of my time playing something else long before this releases. 

SOE had said that on aug 2 they would release all the info on EQN Including beta times and promised the game would be playable by all before the end of this year. Cough Cough BS Cough, excuse me , i had a cough while trying to say SOE is again, BS!

• deviltheorydeviltheory Member Posts: 33
    Definitely going to sign up for beta, hopefully this game can keep me as enraptured as EQ2 did when it first launched.
  • DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127

Every time I try to sign up I get this.

Central Authentication Service

You have successfully logged into the Central Authentication Service.

For security reasons, please Log Out and Exit your web browser when you are done accessing services that require authentication

No beta app or anything.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by krondin

Personally, I am let down by SOE.  Think I'll wait till after this one releases and try it then, maybe. Thats if i am not already spending 100% of my time playing something else long before this releases. 

SOE had said that on aug 2 they would release all the info on EQN Including beta times and promised the game would be playable by all before the end of this year. Cough Cough BS Cough, excuse me , i had a cough while trying to say SOE is again, BS!

I agree, I was giving SOE one last shot, and these lies have done it. 

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

Extremely disappointed in the Saturday morning cartoon styled art. Original Everquest players have grown up now, they don't want to stare at he same cartooney graphics they've been forced to stare at for ten years in WoW. For something touted as new and refreshing, they really came up short in the art department.

• HappyThoughtsHappyThoughts Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Stellus

Extremely disappointed in the Saturday morning cartoon styled art. Original Everquest players have grown up now, they don't want to stare at he same cartooney graphics they've been forced to stare at for ten years in WoW. For something touted as new and refreshing, they really came up short in the art department.

I played the original everquest (that featured stylized fantasy graphics) and I am so excited for this new release!  So that throws your post out the window.  Seriously what kind of nerd gets turned off by these kinds of graphics.  Oh yea and you are over reacting BIG TIME lol.

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    I can't wait until they reveal more about the destructible environments! Also the multi-classing of 40 classes. EQ:N, Pathfinder Online, and FF XIV are the only MMO's I'm looking forward to in the next two years.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    EPIC FAIL for EU players... Can't sign up but instead the site loops me between sign up -> Choose US/EU site -> back to main page. Totally not able to sign up at all for the beta :(
  • cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    this is gonna be a hit and miss game for me. A HUGE hit for the exploration, destructible world, tiered world levels and customization. BIG miss on the charater models, bleh looking combat.  It looks like a slightly more modern free realms lol.  I get they are looking for a big player base and that's how yoyu do it, make it more appealing to younger players and women...eh I dunno.  Where the hell is my archage beta invite already :(

so say we all

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by EndoRoboto
    I can't wait until they reveal more about the destructible environments! Also the multi-classing of 40 classes. EQ:N, Pathfinder Online, and FF XIV are the only MMO's I'm looking forward to in the next two years.

Yes and only 8 skills be usable :(
    GW2 all over again.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    EU players can't seem to sign up yet, the website redirects to an account creation page on both the NA and EU website.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Reizla
    EPIC FAIL for EU players... Can't sign up but instead the site loops me between sign up -> Choose US/EU site -> back to main page. Totally not able to sign up at all for the beta :(

This.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • thyraventhyraven Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by raapnaap
    EU players can't seem to sign up yet, the website redirects to an account creation page on both the NA and EU website.

Worked fine for me on the EU site

• thyraventhyraven Member UncommonPosts: 59
    From the EU site

You successfully verified yourself

Congratulations! You successfully verified yourself and have now finished registering for EverQuest Next. You can look forward to exclusive information, up to the minute updates and unique news about EverQuest Next.

As soon as the game is available, you will be notified. Perhaps you will find these games interesting until your adventure in EverQuest Next starts:

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by thyraven

From the EU site

Congratulations! You successfully verified yourself and have now finished registering for EverQuest Next. You can look forward to exclusive information, up to the minute updates and unique news about EverQuest Next.

As soon as the game is available, you will be notified. Perhaps you will find these games interesting until your adventure in EverQuest Next starts:

Congrats on registering on the other worse EU publisher we have (Pro-Seben). I'm not gonna play on their servers at all. It's either playing on the SOE servers (I do have an active Station Pass and all my SOE games still run on SOE servers) or no EQNext at all.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

What this forgets to mention is that SOE is forcing us onto registering for  crappy Pro-Sieben version if we are from Europe.

I guess despite how awesome this game looks, I won't be playing it. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Gonna play it when it goes live and not worry about beta. Log in and see a sea of people first hour, get lag and disconnected and then down for maintenance. Can't wait.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Originally posted by Yuui

What this forgets to mention is that SOE is forcing us onto registering for  crappy Pro-Sieben version if we are from Europe.

I guess despite how awesome this game looks, I won't be playing it. 

I'll play, however I will not be spending any real cash due to the reputation of  pro-sieben. Sounds like warhammer all over again :/

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497
    Originally posted by Reizla

From the EU site

Congrats on registering on the other worse EU publisher we have (Pro-Seben). I'm not gonna play on their servers at all. It's either playing on the SOE servers (I do have an active Station Pass and all my SOE games still run on SOE servers) or no EQNext at all.

I'm curious about this as well, I also have an active station pass with loads of station cash, but now live in the UK and am hoping I'm not forced to play on a new account on ProSieben servers, or rather hope palying on US servers isn't a hassle.

On the plus side, the ProSieben thing is the only thing I'm disappointed about - EQN looks way better than I expected and I'm really looking forward to it now. I'm impressed SOE managed to actually impress me. What they showed was miles beyond what I was expecting.

Actually, I'm also disappointed about how far off it may be, they gave the impression it was further along in development than it is (some comment somewhere about how scrapping the original EQN and starting this one wasn't a big set back as the engine and framework were done and they were only really changing the 'focus' of the game?).

It'd be nice to have some rough estimate of how long it'll be. 

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Being in EU but i want to play with my american friends instead of playing in EU from any server that is not from SOE. My Account and station cash i wish not be handled by any pro number anything, at all.

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Can we get an EverQuest Worlds for the Windows store? I have a touchscreen notebook that would be great for this sort of thing. I would hate to miss out on this. 
  • srpssrps Member UncommonPosts: 121

Android APP seems to be incompatible with my device for some stupid reason, does someone have the apk for sharing?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

The app is a dirty little thing. Forces you to use Facebook with it.

I like my MMOS but I don't want everyone I know being updated it all the time.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453
    Originally posted by Duvaris

Every time I try to sign up I get this.

Central Authentication Service

You have successfully logged into the Central Authentication Service.

For security reasons, please Log Out and Exit your web browser when you are done accessing services that require authentication

No beta app or anything.

i get the same thing