Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reveal Stream / Preview Article General Discussion Thread

Comments

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I seriously can't believe the game looks like Wildstar......................... :(
  • JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Rallying calls sound fun when it comes to building NPC cities.

But if they want to be really epic about it, they need to make it to where overtime NPC cities come and go. Half a year or more after the city is built up to its full glory by the players, there needs to be a chance that the city begins to fade. Over time it drops back to being just a village or becomes abandoned entirely. Maybe all the npcs move on. Maybe they are killed. If there are migrations like this. Maybe there is an attack.

Like dwarf fortress. That would be epic.

• GrahxenGrahxen Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Margulis
    I seriously can't believe the game looks like Wildstar......................... :(

Game looks nothing like Wildstar.... Drink some more KoolAid

Wildstar looks like something you watch on Cartoon Network.....

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Very interesting stuff. Let the QQ-ing here begin!  

• mos0811mos0811 Member Posts: 173
    This is going to be a great exploration & PvE experience.  I still want to know if PvP will play a central part in EQN.  Player studio sounds interesting for players to make personal money.

Players being able to make claims on land sounds cool, but it could make or break the immersion of the entire world.

If you're running through the world and come across someone's claim and see some kind of big nazi symbol or a some other "real world" design, that would really break my immersion. If too many people do this it could ruin it. Like if one claim has a big Starship Enterprise model and the next one has the Deathstar.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    so much for trinity gameplay :(
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Exactly Jean-luc_picard so right. Honestly graphics are the last thing i care about. Gameplay is what matters.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    I would have liked some actual gameplay.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Jimmac

Players being able to make claims on land sounds cool, but it could make or break the immersion of the entire world.

If you're running through the world and come across someone's claim and see some kind of big nazi symbol or a some other "real world" design, that would really break my immersion. If too many people do this it could ruin it.

Thats something apart from EQNext coming this winter Everquest Landmark

Originally posted by granit1024

I don't think they are that far down the development line to show that....

I don't see this coming out for quite some time..

• RoscRosc Member UncommonPosts: 42
    The Siege of Hallas with the Rallying Cry did sound very cool. I really hope SOE can pull this off.
  • SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Allowing people to make content is great. This is more so if there is not and I repeat the game not having instances but instead be fully open. Then the devs allowing us to use landmark is amazing.
    Originally posted by Grahxen
    Originally posted by granit1024

I don't think they are that far down the development line to show that....

I don't see this coming out for quite some time..

U just got your wish....

enemy ai looks to be turned off mostly atm.
  • Bane101Bane101 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Hmm...this game looks too hardcore to attract multi millions.

Raymondo

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Originally posted by azarhal
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

"You can just take a pick and start digging a tunnel". Looks like the wet dream of Minecraft fans just happened.

o_O

Spelunking  FTW! Just watch out for the lava.

I'm wondering how fast it "repair" itself though, they will have to do it otherwise Norrath will end up as a swiss cheese really fast.

A burned swiss cheese.

That's the immediate concern that popped up in my mind.  If the world is fully destructible/diggable, what are they doing to prevent a few goons from making the entire place a wasteland of splatter and pits?

And, bleh, another game with a gazillion servers again.  Still waiting for more EvE style servers in these MMOs.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I only caught the last 30 minutes or so. The minecrafty stuff looks absolutely incredible. What was the combat, pvp and crafting like? 
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by Jimmac
    <>

Thats something apart from EQNext coming this winter Everquest Landmark

Ah. I hope you're right. Hopefully I misheard. I like players creating a lot of stuff as long as it isn't real life stuff that breaks immersion too much.

Speaking to what the devs could do to make it so afew people could not turn the game to "splinters" would be to allow people to have full pvp to stop said actions. It also sounds like the main continent will not have as much destruction able terrain as the other landmasses.
  • EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    wow mind blown ... i have always said i would love to see an MMO with minecraft type exploration. this is truely next gen stuff. just don't ruin it with open world PVP.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by Holophonist
    I only caught the last 30 minutes or so. The minecrafty stuff looks absolutely incredible. What was the combat, pvp and crafting like? 

no mention of pvp AT ALL.. Im so happy

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

Love the idea of the rallys and that nothing is the same across severs. This is truely pve sandbox like I hoped and yearned for since Everquest. Love the idea that players create the world and it is persistant.

World graphics looks nice, Character models look meh but I guess I could get used to it.

Combat looks very very did I say very ? dissapointing.. I get this GW2 combat feeling, and that is a bad thing. Also the over exxagerated effects are annoying.

Lets see where it goes, the ideas are great the gameplay are not promising.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

It seems to me, that open world PvP sounds natural in that system.

If there's a war between Orcs and Barbarians or something over Halas, and you can side with either, wouldn't it stand to reason you would be fighting against players helping the other side?

• kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237

First if they can pull this off, this could be amazing (I still am taking a wait and see approach because it still is SOE).

Couple things about the reveal.

Firstly I saw no UI. Either its not ready to be shown yet, or it doesn't have one? Really would have liked to see how that is going to work.

I also didn't hear anything about grouping/soloing anything like that. I heard some vague references about stuff, but really didn't hear much about dungeons (instanced or not?).

Crafting? not mention. I'm assuming it will have some....but nothing mentioned.

Of course the gorilla in the room is PvP. No mention of it. Suits me fine, but will it have ANY? I did read some articles about dynamic PvP events (I thought), but perhaps they are doing PvP servers like many of us thought during the hype train last month. No mention of it though. One thing that was interesting was the fact they said they were going to put certain things up to a vote (or so I thought I heard). If PvP is one of those things....it might have VERY limited PvP.

From what they did show I'm very excited about what they showed. Not a huge fan of the graphic or art style, but if the gameplay turns out to be what they say...I can overlook it.