Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview of da Boss! (Miguel Caron)

Found diz shiny bitz on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMu2yJv0FgU

Share yer opinions an' whatnot abou' the interview.

Thanks fer TheCosmicEngine fellah fo' makin' diz 'appen.

Comments

• blootmageblootmage Member UncommonPosts: 10

Great! I'm so hyped 

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Good find

Watching now

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• GitzStompaGitzStompa Member Posts: 54

Listenin to da interview, it appearz dat da new info will be abou' da ORKZ.

SO READY YE SLUGGAS AN' CHOPPAS AND PREPARE TA WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Also, at late august, we'll see more artwork and we'll see how the game actually looks style wise. 

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139

nice great one!

interwiev for the inverview god, news for the news throne

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by GitzStompa

Found diz shiny bitz on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMu2yJv0FgU

Share yer opinions an' whatnot abou' the interview.

Thanks fer TheCosmicEngine fellah fo' makin' diz 'appen.

Flash on my computer isn't working too good right now. What did the interview entail?

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• crondomcrondom Member Posts: 7
    Thanks.
  • RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628
    I just listened to the whole interview. Mostly nothing new. If there was I probably missed it since the interview was so godamn long!

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • miguelcaronmiguelcaron Studio Head - BehaviourMember UncommonPosts: 70

Dear Fans.... Dont be too hard on me! :-) This interview was done VERY late at night after a 15h day for me and I was dead tired. I did not know that the interview would last 1h30!!! I think its my personal record!!

I dont even remember if I did any reveal in it.... it it was only yesterday.

I am working on so many FANTASTIK news for you that sometimes I disobey (not on purpose) my dev team in not revealing too much!! :-)

Stay tune for next week!!! I have a few surprise for you!

Please remember to rate our Game honestly on the Hype tab of MMORPG. This help with visibility thus saves marketing cost so we have more money to spend in YOUR Game.

Remember that the devs and I are ALWAYS available to answer your questions since I have decided on a NO FIREWALL policy between devs and fans. No Marketing team to chaperon our discussions.

Regards

Miguel Caron

Eternal Crusade Behaviour Primarch

Studio Head of Behaviour Entertainment on WAR40K: Eternal Crusade

• mintycmintyc Member Posts: 38

thanks for the link was a good interview.

big points for me were

1. confermation of cosmetic things in the micro transaction store. (i find this oddly exciting)

2. ROUGH dates for things like gameplay vids and even a ball park for closed and open betas.

3. devs want a cross platform game server.

• crondomcrondom Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by miguelcaron

Dear Fans.... Dont be too hard on me! :-) This interview was done VERY late at night after a 15h day for me and I was dead tired. I did not know that the interview would last 1h30!!! I think its my personal record!!

I am working on so many FANTASTIK news for you that sometimes I disobey (not on purpose) my dev team in not revealing too much!! :-)

Please remember to rate our Game honestly on the Hype tab of MMORPG. This help with visibility thus saves marketing cost so we have more money to spend in YOUR Game.

Remember that the devs and I are ALWAYS available to answer your questions since I have decided on a NO FIREWALL policy between devs and fans. No Marketing team to chaperon our discussions.

Regards

Miguel Caron

Nice, waiting for next week :).

• GitzStompaGitzStompa Member Posts: 54

Regards

Miguel Caron

You did well Miguel:) The interview was fantastic and revealed lots of things for me that I wasn't aware of earlier. Furthermore, looking forward to next week:) 

• wghtopsidewghtopside Member Posts: 36

Hey Miguel, good interview so far, but what worries me is that you have actually mentioned pay-to-win.

Yes, its in that part where you say Strike Force leaders can purchase power-ups for players in their faction, quote: "you will actually benefit the race with real money".

Is that a mistake? I dearly hope so.

• miguelcaronmiguelcaron Studio Head - BehaviourMember UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by wghtopside

Hey Miguel, good interview so far, but what worries me is that you have actually mentioned pay-to-win.

Yes, its in that part where you say Strike Force leaders can purchase power-ups for players in their faction, quote: "you will actually benefit the race with real money".

Ouf, its was a mix of me being tired after a long day + interview and english being my second language.

I have said in many interviews that I HATE with a passion pay to win. So that is a given that this concept will NOT exist in your game.

In terms of monetisation, I was talking about the concept that we will have monetisation for individual but we will have some for Squad and StrikeForce as well where a StrikeForce Orks Nobs leader can spend real cash on his troops of Orks Boyz if he wants to.

Now, I talked to much by giving a bad example in the interview. Sorry for that.

Monetisation is still being worked on but the philosophy is that we will design it for you to WANT (not need) to spend and once you do you never have buyers remorse. 

Regards

Miguel

Studio Head of Behaviour Entertainment on WAR40K: Eternal Crusade

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

Ouf, its was a mix of me being tired after a long day + interview and english being my second language.

I have said in many interviews that I HATE with a passion pay to win. So that is a given that this concept will NOT exist in your game.

In terms of monetisation, I was talking about the concept that we will have monetisation for individual but we will have some for Squad and StrikeForce as well where a StrikeForce Orks Nobs leader can spend real cash on his troops of Orks Boyz if he wants to.

Monetisation is still being worked on but the philosophy is that we will design it for you to WANT (not need) to spend and once you do you never have buyers remorse. 

Regards

Miguel

So more along the lines of a strikeforce banner or a customization unlock for your squad?

• wghtopsidewghtopside Member Posts: 36

Regards

Miguel

Thanks for clarifying things on that matter! Now it really seems like an awesome feature allowing to reward your subordinates. :)

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Regards

Miguel Caron

Good on you Miguel. SOE has already screwed over a number of people with it's EU handlers... lol.

There's a lot to like. What's the overarching goals for players aside from battlefield glory?