Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Click on thread on recent post feed?!

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I seem to remember long ago, when you clicked on a post that came up in the recent/latest posts feed on the main page, it'd take you right to that post.

Now, it takes me to the first post in the thread, and I then have to click to whatever the last page is and probably scroll down to find the post.

It has been this way for a while.

Why?

It's horrible.

Please change it back!

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I seem to remember long ago, when you clicked on a post that came up in the recent/latest posts feed on the main page, it'd take you right to that post.

Now, it takes me to the first post in the thread, and I then have to click to whatever the last page is and probably scroll down to find the post.

It has been this way for a while.

Why?

It's horrible.

Please change it back!

I don't remember it working this way, but I will look into it and find out!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Thanks Mike,

It just seems odd to me, like some kind of logical disconnect.

If I am following a thread, not by clicking the little "watch this thread" option but just following it, when I see a new post in that thread pop up in the main feed, I feel it'd be logical if I click on that post, it'll take me to that post - the newest in the thread.

Maybe even the last page in the thread.

But the first post?

It's like the site it trying to force us to read the entire thread (or at least the OP) before responding - which is an idea I can understand.

But it is HIGHLY annoying if you are following a thread and trying to just see what it new.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

I'm suggesting a best of both worlds solution: Clicking the thread itself would work as it does now, but I'd like to see the actual time stamp in the feed become linked (e.g. 0m ago) as well so you'd be able to click that to be taken to the actual post the feed is referring to.

I'll let you know if it works out!

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I'd like to have some QoL functionality added to the Recent forum posts listing. Mainly, I'd like to see

• the screen name of the last poster on the thread
    • an indicator if the thread is one I have posted into
    • a button to take me to the last unread post in the thread, or rather change the functionality to this when clicking on the thread name.