Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will we get a character creator/name reservation like EQ2?

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420
Do people remember the character creation DVD that was released eq2 that just had the character creator On it?

Comments

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Indeed. I still have my station account, I'd like to see them allow existing accounts to reserve one character name at least, shit I'd even pay for it with SC.
  • TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I remember that feature, and it was a great idea. I had created the look for both my human and half-elf characters a long time before release, and it made getting through creation that much faster and into the game.

Of course, at the time of the creator DVD release, I also cursed them because after making my character I couldn't play the game for some time, but I'm still in favor of it.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

How about we do like Cryptic and allow everyone to take any name they want?  I truly hate name locking.  Try rolling a new toon in WoW.  The days of the mass rush to get names is just silly.  I have done it on so many mmo's just to leave my toons to rot and they name forever locked on those servers.  I doubt I am the only one who has prevented others from getting those names.  If Cryptic can do it, then it cannot be too hard for any other company.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

How about you think of an original name instead of worrying to be the first to reserve the most boring, generic name possible?

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by dimnikar

How about you think of an original name instead of worrying to be the first to reserve the most boring, generic name possible?

You do realize that it's not about names? the one for EQ2 didn't allow you to save a name, it was just a tool to let you make your character so you coudl have it ready for launch day and simply login and go right to playing instead of having to make a character.

Soe people like to get their characters "perfect" and can spend over an hour building them, so that's a huge plus for them becaus they can get into the game quickly like those that don't care.

In fact FFXIV just today released their new benchmark and character creation tool to the public for anyone to d/l and see how performance is on their computer and also to make a character which they can then import into the game once it goes live (and they bought the actual game of course).

• DjuchadeDjuchade Member Posts: 29
    Yes please. I am always spend a lot of time at character creation screen, so tool like SE did with FFXIV would be more than welcome.