Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: In-Game Store Preview

2»

Comments

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by tawess

Why would they do that, they are not exactly hurting for money (Activision recently bought them self free of Vivendi for Scrouge McDuck level of money) so for now i am 100% sure they will stick to fluff items and stuff to let you catch up quicker. Now that being said that could at some point include selling second or third tier gear (especially for PvP) to let people catch up quicker and bypass the grind at the fall side of a expansion.

P2W is a short time gain but a loss in the long run... I do not think Blizzard will be playing a  short game.

When your company is owned by bobby koitick you are to do whatever he tells you to do. that being said, i am hoping they lose more sub due to player hatred toward the shop and comes down to 2 million within 2014. they need to learn a harsh lesson. and if they think of going f2p they should know that no one will play WoW as f2p simply because there are far better f2p game graphics+gameplay wise in market. they should really decide carefully what they will do from now on.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by Grrl
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    It's like they're trying to lose more players. That comment aside... This is WoW... Why the heck would anyone need exp. pots? Cuz it's soooo hard to reach max lvl *eye-roll*

Not everyone especially newbies have boa gear. -_-

Its crazy. Its like you got to play the game or something! Not skip through it all cause you can't be bothered to play the game.

To everyone who says why do you expect this to happen on the west side is insane. They already added the $15 a pop helmets, whats stopping this to also come here? I do not support cash shop and P2P. If the game doesn't go F2P then I expect this to end up hurting the game more. But then again this isn't to help the game. Its another last ditch effort to milk the player base since they've already shown they will buy anything.  I still find it hilarious they do a 50% "Sale" on server transfers/names change then literally the day after it ends they announce virtual realms. Blizzard has become such a joke of a company. Anyone who promotes or even accepts any of their cash shop is only hurting the game, not helping it. Going to laugh when they charge you $20 to have access to a major patch.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    Originally posted by tawess

Why would they do that, they are not exactly hurting for money (Activision recently bought them self free of Vivendi for Scrouge McDuck level of money) so for now i am 100% sure they will stick to fluff items and stuff to let you catch up quicker. Now that being said that could at some point include selling second or third tier gear (especially for PvP) to let people catch up quicker and bypass the grind at the fall side of a expansion.

P2W is a short time gain but a loss in the long run... I do not think Blizzard will be playing a  short game.

When your company is owned by bobby koitick you are to do whatever he tells you to do. that being said, i am hoping they lose more sub due to player hatred toward the shop and comes down to 2 million within 2014. they need to learn a harsh lesson. and if they think of going f2p they should know that no one will play WoW as f2p simply because there are far better f2p game graphics+gameplay wise in market. they should really decide carefully what they will do from now on.

a bit caustic are we, i fail to see how the current idea of a cash shop affects the game in any way? Ok i can get that if you are a OCD 100% pet collector it is sort of annoying. But beyond that most arguments i see against cash shops are just petty rage or people proclaming a future that have yet to materialize. So what if they DD a bit. It is not like most of the items woudl have been made at all if they shop did not exist. So you are not really missing out on anything.

As for Bobby Kotik... I somehow think that the Blizzard brass has enough control over their company still to tell him to stuff it if they do not like his ideas. And a P2W cash shop or F2P conversion is some of those things.they have said over and over again that they will not do... Just like player housing =P

This have been a good conversation

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    BB best mmo.You were fun once.

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    yea call me sometime.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Reizla

Video shows only XP pots so far. As if you're not leveling fast enough already in WoW :D

That aside... Kinda sad that WoW now changes into sub AND grabshop.

They have sold stuff before ever since that "my little pony" mount 4 years or so ago so it is not a huge surprise that they up the ante.

The question is more if they plan to make the game F2P or not. They might or might not.

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Why is everyone posting as if anyone in the western world will have access to any of this? lol

Because everyone (most the haters) see this as "Solid proof" that WoW will a)Become Free to PLay, b)They are just after money and don't care about their players c)Lying bastages d)The end of WoW is neigh. Or well some mixture of all of the above. Really? Who cares what the hell they do to the Eurasian countries for their game, it doesn't effect us in the least. Considering they just bought out Vrinidi to get them outta their hair, I can't see WoW doing Free to Play ANY time soon.

As for the idea of an exp boost on the store, how does this really change the game? 2 days of grinding to 90 now takes a day and a half? If people want to speed and get to 'end game' let them. Plus side, no more "Pay us 30 bucks and we'll give you a lvl 90 toon" people :)

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Reizla

Video shows only XP pots so far. As if you're not leveling fast enough already in WoW :D

That aside... Kinda sad that WoW now changes into sub AND grabshop.

they already stated they don't plan on selling items that actually give stats.

those pots are planned for people who don't have enough time to do their dailies for example.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by Zetsuei
    Originally posted by Grrl
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    It's like they're trying to lose more players. That comment aside... This is WoW... Why the heck would anyone need exp. pots? Cuz it's soooo hard to reach max lvl *eye-roll*

Not everyone especially newbies have boa gear. -_-

Its crazy. Its like you got to play the game or something! Not skip through it all cause you can't be bothered to play the game.

To everyone who says why do you expect this to happen on the west side is insane. They already added the $15 a pop helmets, whats stopping this to also come here? I do not support cash shop and P2P. If the game doesn't go F2P then I expect this to end up hurting the game more. But then again this isn't to help the game. Its another last ditch effort to milk the player base since they've already shown they will buy anything.  I still find it hilarious they do a 50% "Sale" on server transfers/names change then literally the day after it ends they announce virtual realms. Blizzard has become such a joke of a company. Anyone who promotes or even accepts any of their cash shop is only hurting the game, not helping it. Going to laugh when they charge you $20 to have access to a major patch.

Actually they were talking about virtual realms and what their plans were LONG before they had the 50% sale. Ofcourse, the WoW haters nitpick because for some reason they hate the success so much they want to see it fall apart so they can point and say "Told ya!" And heck they did....sure 'they' were saying WoW was going to die 4 years ago and it was "any day now" even then.

You get what you pay for, and with my Sub I get more enjoyment than ONE movie would give me throughout the month. With a Free to play game, sure the "You get what you pay for" comes to mind, but look at some of them. Neverwinter, new xpac coming out but to get the new race you need to spend 200 bucks on their 'super pack" The game has 'free' companions, but only level to 15 for an 'advanced' one you need to spend money. More inventory? big money, mounts? Sure, you can spend months and months playing the money exchange game to get the $$$ that way. Star Trek Online, same thing (same company) Thank you no, WoW will not be going F2P any time soon, and this little asian market thing doesn't mean it will come here.

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324

IIRC WoW is based on a subscription model only in the US and EURO regions. In asia things look different. If the cash shop thing is limited to asia only things would be ok.

But then companies are rather creative when it comes to find new ways to charge more for their services. Especially so in the MMO genre in recent years.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Lets say WoW turn F2P soon, so what? nothing chance, game has already trolls/idiots.

Many F2P have better community then WoW.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

Lets say WoW turn F2P soon, so what? nothing chance, game has already trolls/idiots.

Many F2P have better community then WoW.

Lets pretend for a second that the cash shop in question that everyone is going bonkers over in this thread is only available to Asia...oh wait...

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    I forgot how smooth everything in WoW is. The animations, everything flows soooooooooo smoothly :D Reminds me of how everything on my iphone is much smoother than on my android. Despite all the updates to android and having a sick quad core processor, there is still lag on Android whereas iOS is super smooth. Same can be said for WoW compared to other MMOs :D

There is so much fan boying in this post I think it gave me cancer.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    I forgot how smooth everything in WoW is. The animations, everything flows soooooooooo smoothly :D Reminds me of how everything on my iphone is much smoother than on my android. Despite all the updates to android and having a sick quad core processor, there is still lag on Android whereas iOS is super smooth. Same can be said for WoW compared to other MMOs :D

HTC One and Guild Wars 2. It's all subjective my little fanboy.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar
    Cash shop in Asia would boost sales revenues as they tend to reject the P2P model.

I think it's still true that the biggest sub games are in the far east, so p2p being a problem there is not really an issue.