Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Order of Chaos are recruiting

SolicfireSolicfire Member UncommonPosts: 484
Hey all,

The Orders of Chaos are recruiting new, experience and returning players to the guild. We are a RvR/PvE based guild so we do tons of stuff like: ML 10, xp groups, Big 3, DF, Summoners hall, RvR 8man (Lab or NF), RvR alliance/public zerg (Lab or NF), stealth zerg/group etc...

We are one of the most friendly, fun and helpful guilds in the game and try and make the game enjoyable for you. So if you wish to join us, please apply at this web site www.darkageofcamelot.guildportal.com under the forums.

If you do apply to our guild then please make sure you; read the Code of Conduct and also read the requirements.

Any problems then please feel free to send me a tell

Solicfire

Toons: Solicfear, Solicench, Solheal, Misssolic, Solicwarden

Comments

• SolicfireSolicfire Member UncommonPosts: 484
    To the top
  • Mr_MechanicalMr_Mechanical Member Posts: 88

Last I checked when wanting to return to this game, the worldwide population was somewhere around 10,000 to 20,000.

That was probably about 4-5 years ago when I checked.  Even had a box in hand at the checkout stand and a buddy on the phone checking the internet for me to find this stuff out.      Once I heard those numbers, and that it was spread across more than 1 or 2 servers, I put the box back on the shelf and left.   Figured "dang, it's probably on it's way out.  The community can't be 'fresh', obviously."

Did I miss something?    

-How many people still play this game?

-When was the last graphical update?

-Are new/returning players regular?

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Mr_Mechanical

Last I checked when wanting to return to this game, the worldwide population was somewhere around 10,000 to 20,000.

That was probably about 4-5 years ago when I checked.  Even had a box in hand at the checkout stand and a buddy on the phone checking the internet for me to find this stuff out.      Once I heard those numbers, and that it was spread across more than 1 or 2 servers, I put the box back on the shelf and left.   Figured "dang, it's probably on it's way out.  The community can't be 'fresh', obviously."

Did I miss something?    

-How many people still play this game?

-When was the last graphical update?

-Are new/returning players regular?

It's a dated game.  It's the concept that you won't find elsewhere that appeals to those that play.  One server remains (different phases of that server in regards to housing).  You can't walk ten feet without stumbling over someone because a single server will seem packed even with 2-3k players. 

There will be terms and concepts here that you are not used to, such as (to name just 3):

Persistent Battleground (this means no instanced BGs).  You can level in these BGs very quickly toward 50, especially if you have so much as 1 more person to group with.

Separate realms:  No crossover for quests to save space like the other mmorpgs have been doing since 2004.  Your realm is yours alone, along with your realm mates.  This saves the integrity of the lore, which is the foundation of Dark Age of Camelot. 

Races and Classes are NOT cosmetic:  mmorpgs have a plethora of variations of the 5 class/5 races offering.  They dissect them into 2 factions or none at all.  In the end, they are randomly on the same team, pvp'ing each other regardless of what realm/land/zone they spawned from.  Think of Hobbits, Orcs, Elves, Humans and Treants, PvPing Orcs, Elves, Hobbits, Treants, and Humans.  That's your typical mmo.  Race and even class matters little - just cosmetic.  Dark Age has superb limitations between realms.  You won't know what the enemy is saying - they won't have any way to contact you.  Your realm vs their realm etc

Three Realms:  Title says it all.

That being said - the game is top heavy.  Realm ranks are levels in addition to the 1-50th level of experience that give players opportunities for skills, stat development, and so forth.  There are 12 realm ranks (still 12, right? lol)...which means that the difference between trying to fight someone at RR 4 vs RR 10 is quite huge (though not always!).  However, group with a guild like Solic's and you'll do fine.  If you don't mind Midgard, you can find the same quality with a few large guilds there.

good luck.

• SolicfireSolicfire Member UncommonPosts: 484
    If you want to check out the game status then here is the 14 day Free trial link: http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/trial