Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: 2 Million Players Strong

13»

Comments

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Yet another company trying to spin that 2 million number...pathetic. Sad thing is I log in both at least once a week, even if it's only to patch and pray.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    maeby they say 2 million asian player:)
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Kind of funny, typical Perfect World game, trumpeting 2 million accounts when 1.9 miilion of them are inactive.

Or bots, or spammers.

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142
    Game was fun and all btu the cash shop is rather imbalanced but not so bad I couldn't deal with it for the most part. What really killed it for me was the overwhelming amount of such extreme exploits that went live with the open beta launch and the piss poor way they were handled by Cryptic. I'll still probably return to play the Warlock whenever it is eventually released but I don't see myself sticking around for long after getting it to max lvl, and they definitely won't be getting any $$.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I love Neverwinter. Still play it and have a great time. I just don't touch the cash shop. Having a blast in it still.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by zahlia
    What's up with all you haters. This game is decent. Sure the graphics are a bit stale. But the combat is awesome. The whole currency thing really sucks though. They gotta fix that.

Because they took a renown IP and butchered it by doing an MMO bastardization and their sales pitch was to the point of out right deception.  "Only vanity and time efficent items in the CS" BulllllllSHIT!!!!, took iconic features of D&D and threw it out the window like feats and freedom of class building, the only thing the game shares with D&D is lore and class names and that's really it as everything else has absolutely no relation to D&D.

I had extremely high hopes for the game and was hoping that it would have been a DDO2 and what DDO should have been.  I ignored Craptics past title performances thinking NW would be different as I was blinded by my D&D fanboism but really should have known how the NW would have turned out.

As far as the thread is concerned... 2 million players strong my friggin ass.  The game is F2P for christ sakes, of course your gonna have a shit ton of accounts especially with Perfect World.  And lets not forget all the botting in the game or how people can have multiple accounts.  The game is just another F2P IP cash grab, nothing more, nothing less.  The only saving grace is the Foundry but that needs A LOT of work though as it is way too far limiting.  If they enable Persistent Worlds then they will likely have something on their hands.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I'd be one of those 2M, I guess. I had to force myself through that 1st solo dungeon. What a painful experience. There won't be another, that's for sure. Game is shit.

• OtashiOtashi Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Got a weird bug on their end that fused my account with an empty Cryptic account and deleted all my characters, got no answer from the support for a month, sued them with Paypal, got my 80$ back and never steping into a PWE game ever again.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    And why is it all the critic quotes are from people I've never heard of with the exception of MMORPG.com?  And "Best MMO in Ages"... you Fing SERIOUS?!?!  All credibility is lost and just reeks of desperation to get people into the game.
  • cranthugcranthug Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by achesoma

aaaaaand growing!!! WE ARE FLINSTONE KIDS!!! 

Wait, what were we talking about?

Haha!  Having not seen that commercial in ages, I can still hear it in my head.  The human brain is remarkable indeed, or it's the fact that the embedding of their product into my young fragile mind was a great success!  Good show, sir.

On topic....this game has the most ridiculous cash shop I've had the displeasure of experiencing.  $10 for a bag?!?!  I really do not understand why so many are on the FTP bandwagon these days.  Way of the future my @$$.  Give me a minimal sub fee over FTP any day.  The bots are fewer.  The jackassery is still present but to a much lesser extent, in my opinion.  Access to whatever materials or items I need should not require a micro-transaction.

If a game is made well, it can and should command a sub fee.  That way the devs know exactly how much their budget will be for the next month.  They can pay their employee's and develop new content.  These cash grabbing games are sickening...what is even more sickening is that people support it. 

Personally, I would pay a sub for a great game over getting wallet raped for inventory slots and character slots.  I'm sure 2 million people have created accounts PWI, bravo.  But I'm also sure that the number of people who would pay to play your game every month is very small. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by cranthug

Haha!  Having not seen that commercial in ages, I can still hear it in my head.  The human brain is remarkable indeed, or it's the fact that the embedding of their product into my young fragile mind was a great success!  Good show, sir.

On topic....this game has the most ridiculous cash shop I've had the displeasure of experiencing.  $10 for a bag?!?!  I really do not understand why so many are on the FTP bandwagon these days.  Way of the future my @$$.  Give me a minimal sub fee over FTP any day.  The bots are fewer.  The jackassery is still present but to a much lesser extent, in my opinion.  Access to whatever materials or items I need should not require a micro-transaction.

If a game is made well, it can and should command a sub fee.  That way the devs know exactly how much their budget will be for the next month.  They can pay their employee's and develop new content.  These cash grabbing games are sickening...what is even more sickening is that people support it. 

Personally, I would pay a sub for a great game over getting wallet raped for inventory slots and character slots.  I'm sure 2 million people have created accounts PWI, bravo.  But I'm also sure that the number of people who would pay to play your game every month is very small. 

Well, Check out FF14 ARR.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/389939/Subscription-Based-for-real.html

I've pre-ordered. One of the biggest draws for me. It's P2P no B2P, no optional sub, no cash shop. 2 payment plans, one with alts, one with single character.

• cranthugcranthug Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by cranthug

Well, Check out FF14 ARR.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/389939/Subscription-Based-for-real.html

I've pre-ordered. One of the biggest draws for me. It's P2P no B2P, no optional sub, no cash shop. 2 payment plans, one with alts, one with single character.

Yes, I'll be there as well.  Love the FF IP.  I played 1.0 and gave them the benefit of the doubt with ARR.  I am happy I did.  The game did a complete turn around.  While I don't enjoy spamming one button as a healer early on, by the lvl 30ish instances it was starting to get more complex.  White Mage wasn't in yet either, so that should add more healing skills. 

I look forward to seeing if the end game is challenging and fun.  The game world is beautious and the mechanics are interesting enough to max out at least one profession and take a look.  Not to mention what Yoshi-P is doing is admirable and he gets my full support.  You will find a lalafell CNJ dubbed "Cheeky Basterd" on the Midgardsormer (sp) server in a week or two, can't wait.  I get the free month for purchasing 1.0, I'm sure I will subscribe after to slay some primals.

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75

This game is amazing! Far the best game launched in years! There are some issues to solve indeed, but what game doesn't have? 

But its time to Cryptic announces the next class. 

Go to hell!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

2 million is pretty crap considering it's one of the biggest fantasy IPs and one of the most popular and well known premises of that IP.

I mean.. I have 11 accounts for that game and I'm no longer playing. How many more will there be like me? What about the AD farmers with hundreds of accounts each?

Total marketing bullshit.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Kind of funny, typical Perfect World game, trumpeting 2 million accounts when 1.9 miilion of them are inactive.

this ^

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    If my account is one of those it was played a total of 2 days. Then uninstalled.
  • castertroytcastertroyt Member UncommonPosts: 21

I did stayed for a while and found it to be a good game initially....then me and my group of friends hit level cap...and saw that in order to remain competitive, you'll need to be paying an outrageous amount of real money...or spend an outrageous amount of time to farm for AD.

We pay to play F2P games like WoT, WarFrame, StarConflict, WarThunder...etc...but this was the only game that we choose not to pay them a single cent. The fun becomes stale after a while...it's all rinse and repeat.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Nothing to marvel, it is free. For majority this is only thing that matter. However maybe it is also good. I will never know this as, unbelievable as it sounds, their developers have never heard about games that use mouse to move avatar. So I have deleted secs after have discovered this.
  • Paulolino34Paulolino34 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by Gravarg

yep.  I tried really hard to give it ago, as did many of my friends.  We all ended up going back to WoW and GW2.  We had fun roleplaying, we had fun running dungeons together, but eventually the fun ran out for some reason.  Near the end we ended up just only doing our Foundry roleplaying quests and areas, but that too lost it's luster.

I feel you, happened the exact same thing with me and my friends.

After 3 weeks or so we were back playing what we were playing before neverwinter came out :) ,, but yeah we had a nice time playing it together and then like you said the fun ran out for some reason.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Another game I am playing, War Thnder, has been bragging about how it has 3 million players.....The most I have ever seen online is 50k (one time), and most of the time runs in the 10-30K range....From my experience alot of people sign up for all these games but very few stay and play for any length of time......These companies know that alot of players have what I call a WoW mentality in that some players are only attracted to a game if it has what is perceived to be a large playerbase.......
  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Never even downloaded the game, too much negativity surrounding the cash shop put me off. Ironic considering that I would be the target audience, being a Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance fan.
  • jasinyjasiny Member Posts: 9

I love the game and stuff sells way too fast in AH for there not to be a healthy community and this is 200k profession lv 20 gear. This is not even the lv 60 player gear.