Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking forward to this

stvnkrs10stvnkrs10 Member UncommonPosts: 53

as soon as I heard I went to the sota site, watched the videos and pledged as a kick starter. the only thing that concerns me a bit is the opo vs mmo experience but I will trust in Lord British to bring it one more time. 

He is right in the fact that games these days require no thought or effort. Click on the guy with the !, skip over hte text because it doesn't matter anyhow, follow the little sparkly line to things you need to kill, rinse and repeat. I am looking forward to a game where I can chose my own path and think for myself.

Comments

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    These days you can add kick starter to any project and raise fund. What a joke.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

You can try but whether or not you will be successful is another story. I strongly encourage you to look at the long list of projects on kickstarter, including MMOs, that failed to meet their funding goal.

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

Once I had a dog named coco.  You can also add salt to any food and make it......saltier.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by stvnkrs10

He is right in the fact that games these days require no thought or effort. Click on the guy with the !, skip over hte text because it doesn't matter anyhow, follow the little sparkly line to things you need to kill, rinse and repeat. I am looking forward to a game where I can chose my own path and think for myself.

Been a backer for a long time now.

He is one of the few game devs who, instead of just following those before him, thoroughly examines how and why things should be a done a certain way. The game he's creating doesn't just give you the answer, but instead encourages discovery and exploration.

• ocnozixocnozix Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by superconducting
    Originally posted by stvnkrs10

Been a backer for a long time now.

He is one of the few game devs who, instead of just following those before him, thoroughly examines how and why things should be a done a certain way. The game he's creating doesn't just give you the answer, but instead encourages discovery and exploration.

I couldn't agree more. I can't believe some of the feedback I am hearing from some of these young, inexperienced gamers. LB is the original creator of RPG's, quite literally, as well as MMO's. Who better to build the next MMO???

-Oc
    Yeah, what are you going to do about it?