Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calm down

Beleg420Beleg420 Member Posts: 11

Seriously. Seldom is a game, let ALONE a MMORPG, not delayed for some amount of time. It has been delayed, what, 5 days? Given the history of DnL and MMORPGs in general, why are you not surprised? Be thankful they are giving a concrete date, just like they gave us a concrete date for the free keys today, and for the Pioneers on the 24th. Both were met with precision (I got it today at GMT 18:00:01)

Remember, its 5 days. Quit acting like your so f**king righteous and find some patience. I'd of smelt BS if it wasn't delayed, that would have been fishy.

All energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet.

Comments

• UriasUrias Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Beleg420

Seriously. Seldom is a game, let ALONE a MMORPG, not delayed for some amount of time. It has been delayed, what, 5 days? Given the history of DnL and MMORPGs in general, why are you not surprised? Be thankful they are giving a concrete date, just like they gave us a concrete date for the free keys today, and for the Pioneers on the 24th. Both were met with precision (I got it today at GMT 18:00:01)
    Remember, its 5 days. Quit acting like your so f**king righteous and find some patience. I'd of smelt BS if it wasn't delayed, that would have been fishy.

RANG RANG! you go now ok pk pk!!

CNurias

• BronxChuloBronxChulo Member Posts: 166

LMAO.... um when has there ever been a CONCRETE date?  A concrete date actually involes keeping a date.
  • Beleg420Beleg420 Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by BronxChulo
    LMAO.... um when has there ever been a CONCRETE date? A concrete date actually involes keeping a date.

They said Pioneer keys would be available on the 24th, and they were. They said free keys would be available on the 8th, and they were. They have kept those dates.

Now, they tell us the 13th, and Im betting on the 13th. (Weather or not the servers will stay up for long is another story)

• unholy414unholy414 Member Posts: 37

What would you say then if they didn't keep their 13th launch date?

Originally posted by unholy414

Obviously I would be pissed. Dont take me for some stupid fanboi or doomsayer, I think rationally.

Anyway, it would be suicide for them to not release it on the 13th. They allready pissed off a large number of thier fanbase by not releaseing it in November, doing likewise now would give them an assload of bad press.

• differentdifferent Member Posts: 180

LMAO.... um when has there ever been a CONCRETE date? A concrete date actually involes keeping a date.

They said Pioneer keys would be available on the 24th, and they were. They said free keys would be available on the 8th, and they were. They have kept those dates.

Now, they tell us the 13th, and Im betting on the 13th. (Weather or not the servers will stay up for long is another story)

Oh I see, it's lets play have a guess what the hell the muppets mean when they say SoG on the 8th then is it?

They've known for WEEKS that the community was expecting today and not a fucking peep on their website about keys ONLY. It aint fucking rocket science to put

1) Keys on the 8th
    2) Download on the 9th
    3) Play on 13th

up on the website is it?

These guys are incompentent AT BEST. I've paid my $59 plus VAT and i'm in a good mind to sell my account "when"? DnL goes live so these muppets don't get another penny off me ::::26::::::26::

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207

Ahh....yes,  another Koolaid drinker.  By your statement it is obvious you have not been following DnL for any length of time.  I can count AT LEAST 5 TIMES they had concrete dates which were not met.  THIS GAME was suppose to be released TWO YEARS AGO.  Hello?????????????  Lets see what type of excuse you can make for it not being released 2 years ago.

kkthxbye~

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

Originally posted by different

Oh I see, it's lets play have a guess what the hell the muppets mean when they say SoG on the 8th then is it?

They've known for WEEKS that the community was expecting today and not a fucking peep on their website about keys ONLY. It aint fucking rocket science to put

1) Keys on the 8th
    2) Download on the 9th
    3) Play on 13th

up on the website is it?

These guys are incompentent AT BEST. I've paid my $59 plus VAT and i'm in a good mind to sell my account "when"? DnL goes live so these muppets don't get another penny off me ::::26::::::26::

Incompetent, maybe, but there not out to get you. What if something came up at the last minute, something to do with the servers/download, that they had to delay? If they wanted your money, they dont have to keep up this act. They can close down there site, and 'cause they are on there little politically immune island, be free of any retribution.

• DeviateDeviate Member UncommonPosts: 219
    If it doesn't release on the 13th, I'm gonna round up my ex-service buddies, and launch a freakin covert operation on Reunion Island.image
  • -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

Bah! It is unquestioning fanbois like you who allow devs - not just those of DnL - to treat their customers like shit. If you like to be treated like shit, np, most other people don't want to be treated like shit and complain about this. This delay is only the tip of the iceberg too, so you better get used to even more flames on December 13th.

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Ahh....yes, another Koolaid drinker. By your statement it is obvious you have not been following DnL for any length of time. I can count AT LEAST 5 TIMES they had concrete dates which were not met. THIS GAME was suppose to be released TWO YEARS AGO. Hello????????????? Lets see what type of excuse you can make for it not being released 2 years ago.
    kkthxbye~

First, I have been following this game, for close to two years, and yes, I was pissed that they delayed the game multiple times (concidered not following more then once), but then again, what game hasn't? SWG was supposed to be released in Febuary 2002, yet they delay and delay and delay up to Aug. 2003, and when released, it was still not finished. It was shit. DnL could very well have been released a few years ago, but it wouldn't have been a finished game, and you people would bitch anyway because "it was released too early".

Originally posted by -Inferno-
    Bah! It is unquestioning fanbois like you who allow devs - not just those of DnL - to treat their customers like shit. If you like to be treated like shit, np, most other people don't want to be treated like shit and complain about this. This delay is only the tip of the iceberg too, so you better get used to even more flames on December 13th.
    I suppose your one of the ones who wants a unfinished game too? Your not an employee of Sony are you? ::::35::

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

They have been delaying the release of DnL since summer 2003 ...2 and half years since the first release date.....umm how much longer ya think it will take ?

This game has been in beta longer than most games are in development.

I miss DAoC

• UriasUrias Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Ahh....yes, another Koolaid drinker. By your statement it is obvious you have not been following DnL for any length of time. I can count AT LEAST 5 TIMES they had concrete dates which were not met. THIS GAME was suppose to be released TWO YEARS AGO. Hello????????????? Lets see what type of excuse you can make for it not being released 2 years ago.
    kkthxbye~

First, I have been following this game, for close to two years, and yes, I was pissed that they delayed the game multiple times (concidered not following more then once), but then again, what game hasn't? SWG was supposed to be released in Febuary 2002, yet they delay and delay and delay up to Aug. 2003, and when released, it was still not finished. It was shit. DnL could very well have been released a few years ago, but it wouldn't have been a finished game, and you people would bitch anyway because "it was released too early".

I see your logic so its better to wait 2 years for a shit game than 1 year?

Originally posted by Urias
    I see your logic so its better to wait 2 years for a shit game than 1 year?

Rather wait 2 years for a good, finished game then wait 1 year for a shit game.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Actually, its been delayed for 3 years but HEY!  Whos countin!!

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • sunisuni Member Posts: 59

The delay is not the offense...
  • PanerdarPanerdar Member UncommonPosts: 28

They had said that SoG would be available today. They have been on the forums and KNOW nearly everyone thought that meant PLAYABLE today. It is fairly crappy to wait till today and say no servers till the 13th.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Jackdog and Inferno.. you realize if the game was released 2 years ago you'd have bitched even more than you are at the moment? If you are so determined that the game sucks -now-, you would have been even more disappointed then when the VERY unfinished game would have been released.

If it's taken 2 years to smooth things out and make things work, the game must have been a disaster back then.

You're thinking in terms of large companies. Large companies have the money to push a game out quickly, have a month long beta, and release the game with little troubles. Smaller companies have a bit more trouble doing those things, and work at a slower pace. They don't have the resources that Sony or Blizzard has. That's why they're working with another company.. they needed help. Just think of how long it would take if they didn't have Snailgames helping them with things. They're only a team of what.. 20 people?

• eshokeseshokes Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by unholy414

The Cruise ship was delayed?

• Nate-ClarkNate-Clark Member Posts: 10

Wow....

Bad news guys....they took the December 13th date off the site...

-Umm not only do the rules say your wrong, but your also a ...

• eshokeseshokes Member Posts: 30

No reason not to advance the schedule a bit now that all advertised keys have been distributed.