Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surprised this game didn't get more love after F2P

124»

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by crusher143

I just played now my sorc to lvl54 and I think I will quit now ...

I dont know if this is class related or a general problem in TERA but if you have to use all your mana skills after EACH ROTATION that is not fun. Its ok to have 2 mana spells that you would use here and then like in AION but to use them after each rotation which is 10-15 sec. is just plain annoying ...

At the end the mana annoyance really killed the game for me and long waiting queues on dungeons, a few hours most of the time. Then you wipe maybe on one boss and the group full of kids that want everything with no effort disbands /sigh ...

Oh and Ive never had such a boring questing time as in TERA, it was like copy & paste over and over again. Every zone was seriously exactly the same, no other mmo gave me this feeling as bad as TERA.

So even  as a twinker I cant bring myself  to lvl again in TERA as new class.

Other huge problem is the "talent tree", all the stuff I can socket as sorc is total boring. Its mostly everything with lower mana cost and even you glyph everyrhing with lower mana costs you still need to use every mana regen. ability after 1 rotation, so useless.

And the prices in the shop, I dont know the prices on en masse servers but in europe they are our of their minds. Like 20€ for 1 char slot  .... Thats half of a full game for 1 char slot, sure ...

Again a MMO that could be real good destroyed by clueless devs.

When you're leveling, every class should slot as many mana regen crystals as they can fit on their weapon.  You rarely run out then. 

If that's your main beef with the game, than that's kind of your fault for not researching a solution.  A simple post on the sorcerer boards and someone would've given you this answer.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by TitanGrip
    Is this the game where you get rooted to the ground by animations when using skills?

Try running across your lawn while swinging a sledgehammer as hard as you can. Make sure you upload the video to Youtube so we can all laugh as you fall on your face.

You have to have proper footing when swinging a weapon, it's not unrealistic to be committed to an animation while doing so in a game. 

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by ironhelix
    Is this the game where you get rooted to the ground by animations when using skills?

Try running across your lawn while swinging a sledgehammer as hard as you can. Make sure you upload the video to Youtube so we can all laugh as you fall on your face.

You have to have proper footing when swinging a weapon, it's not unrealistic to be committed to an animation while doing so in a game. 

Try running across your lawn while casting fireball as hard as you can. Make sure you upload the video to Youtube so we can all laugh as you fall on your face.

Oh wait...

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    With all the other less grindy games available F2P and the over saturation of F2P mmos in general it is no suprise that a mediocre game didn't stand a chance. 
  • AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by DMKano

What was ultimately the downfall for me -mobs taking too long to kill.

BAMs taking several minutes to kill - it wasn't fun it was tedious. Not hard either, once you figure out the patter(easy) it's just mind numbing IMO.

I much prefer games where TTK is very short, Tera just takes way too long to kill mobs, and it got boring for me.

Then you will like the newest changes, BAMs having much less HP now. Many people are complaining about this though (they prefer long fights).

Originally posted by granit1024
    Originally posted by ironhelix

Try running across your lawn while casting fireball as hard as you can. Make sure you upload the video to Youtube so we can all laugh as you fall on your face.

Oh wait...

Personally I like that you get rooted/slowered at some mighty attacks, it gives you a better feeling of something "big" and you have to act more tactical. That's why endgame boss fights are challenging and exciting in Tera(unlike GW2), you actually have to think more what skill you are using in which situation. 

The biggest problems of Tera are its game design (too much rng, no token system, boring quests, old dungeons get rarely/never adapted to new stanards that's why you only always run only one instance) and the very slow delivery of new content. 

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

the population on 5 of the 6 servers was high or very last time i checked, which was like yesterday.  celestial hills (RP) very high.  when it comes to ftp transitions it's one of the absolute best (esp if you are a founder like me *preen*)

on  the down side it's still grindy but on the plus side bams dont take 6 minutes each and the actual killing of mobs is fun so it feels a little less grindy.

oh and global chat is as soul crushingly awful as ever :S  and i only see it when i make a new character for like 45 seconds til i can remember how to turn it off..

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I recently started playing again and rolled a slayer and am having a ton of fun.
    Got into a really cool guild and am having a great time with them as well.
    The BGs are cool and they lowered the exp to reach 60 so the grind wasnt so terrible.

Anyway, this is what I have been playing lately and I am happy to say how full my server is that there are tons of people everywhere. Really nice change of pace from most games out now.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by Sinaku

I recently started playing again and rolled a slayer and am having a ton of fun.
    Got into a really cool guild and am having a great time with them as well.
    The BGs are cool and they lowered the exp to reach 60 so the grind wasnt so terrible.

Anyway, this is what I have been playing lately and I am happy to say how full my server is that there are tons of people everywhere. Really nice change of pace from most games out now.

yea i too just started it yesterday and after playing like 5 hours, it feels great. The game is gorgeous and fighting actually feels like fighting and not just standing and channeling stuff 24/7. And i am loving the Archer's and Warrior's abilities. Only thing which fears me is the end game complaints. But hey, i enjoyed GW2 so i think i might do so here too since i am very much crazy about alts.

Also, the game is surprisingly healthy for all the complaints it gets. The starter zone was full of people yesterday and the chat (excluding the global channel) isn't even close to being dead for a starter zone (looking at you SWTOR).

Yeah, it's just sad that this game has probably the slowest content delivery of all aaa-mmorpgs (in our market). 
  • g4m3sh4rkg4m3sh4rk Member Posts: 40
    So what do you get from subscribing? Some things are obvious like extra character slots and what have you but is there a reward system for subscribing?
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    It wasn't my type of game, and with so many different f2p options it can get lost easily.

• infofrontinfofront Member UncommonPosts: 160

Tera seems to be the only game on the market that offers a high level of polish, an engaging combat system, a generous F2P model, and a reasonable cash shop.

As a jaded MMOer myself, I'm surprised that I'm having so much fun playing this one. I think it's the combat system and the open world PK that do it for me. I bought the boxed copy free after rebate at Newegg, so I've been playing with a free Founder's account. They provide so much for free, I almost feel guilty.

I'm still leveling, so maybe my tune will change when I hit 60. So far, I'm enjoying the ride though.