Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which UI system do you want to see for EQ3?

BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

-Everquest, minimalistic, simple to use, out of your way?

-Eve Online, functional, clean, emphasis on small interactions?

-WoW, bulky, cartoonish, massive icons with massive text that point out specific equipment differences for you (dps/hps/etc)?

-RIFT, (see WoW, less professionally done, but less bulky)?

-DAOC, a middle ground between Everquest and EvE, but had an emphasis on simplicity?

-Darkfall Online, a complete mess.

Oh, and it being customizable is an absolute basic feature for a modern day AAA, so don't worry about that. Also, if I didn't list a UI type that you feel should be a choice tell me about it :)!

-Bear

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

EQ2 has the best UI ive seen of the mmos ive played

-- for game control features that dont need player addons

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Nice job entering personal bias into your descriptions. You should leave your dislike for WoW and DF out the door when making such threads. WoW's UI isn't any bulkier or massive than EQII's last time I checked, what the hell are you talking about? EQII's and WoW's UI's are basically identical.

I'd take something between EQII and WoW. Minus the cash shop stuff in EQII.

(I hope you did indeed mean EQII, EQI's UI is horrific by today's standards)

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• CamoebCamoeb Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by Nadia

EQ2 has the best UI ive seen of the mmos ive played

-- for game control features that dont need player addons

I would have to agree for a standard UI EQ2 had the best & most functional. Even then though profit UI was a better choice especially if you were a healer. Click to Cure was basically required especially during TSO.

I don't think it really matters though, as soon as the game launches people will be making add ons & custom UI's for the game, there will be something you like.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

Since you described it so well, I would choose:

-WoW, bulky, cartoonish, massive icons with massive text that point out specific equipment differences for you (dps/hps/etc)?

• frizzlepicklefrizzlepickle Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by BearKnight

-Eve Online, functional, clean, emphasis on small interactions?

-RIFT, (see WoW, less professionally done, but less bulky)?

-DAOC, a middle ground between Everquest and EvE, but had an emphasis on simplicity?

-Darkfall Online, a complete mess.

Oh, and it being customizable is an absolute basic feature for a modern day AAA, so don't worry about that. Also, if I didn't list a UI type that you feel should be a choice tell me about it :)!

-Bear

How about it's own unique UI that we've never seen in an MMO before? That's what I would want.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

i want all the bells and whistles( with included options to disable any bell or whistle you dont like or dont want to use)

I dont care how sandboxy or themeparky the game is the UI is how you "physicaly" connect with the world. If the UI is bad/lacking it can ruin the whole game.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
         For my liking.. I want simple and flexible to a degree..  Since I'm against the use of macro's an wish for restricted slots.. I sorta rather stay with EQ or WoW.. I don't want to see 50 rows of hotkeys and whatnots.. Nothing more then the basics,
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I'll take one like DCUO with a chat window right in the center of my screen that I can't move.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

EQ2 or Vanguard versions.

Also, they gotta be permitted to be player modified.

My 2 favorite UIs of all time...

EQ2 (ProfitUI) - http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/full6917&tnow=1375301305.jpg

Vanguard (CoreUI) - http://www.vginterface.com/downloads/full270.jpg

I hope the creators of these two UIs show up for EQnext and make magic happen. :)

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267

Obviously you haven't seen/played GW2, which imo has one of the most elegant UIs to date.

I really don't care what they do as long as they let you mod it.  No UI is perfect and options to change it to each persons liking should be a standard in most games.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

Do you want:

A)  the ONE TRUE UI like in EQ 1 or 2

or

B) A WoW type UI and let the game play for you because your intelligence is severely lacking?

Please choose!!

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by ego13

Obviously you haven't seen/played GW2, which imo has one of the most elegant UIs to date.

I really don't care what they do as long as they let you mod it.  No UI is perfect and options to change it to each persons liking should be a standard in most games.

True.. that is what I like as well as the original EQ.. I would be ok with a GW2 UI with no objections :)

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591

I'll probably get flamed for this one...

The GW2 UI because it's clean and minimalist. I like to see the game I'm playing, not a bunch of hot buttons everywhere.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    I'll be happy as long is it is functional, responsive, neat, and the layout is customizable.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I want one similar to EQ's UI around PoP era. Didn't really see much wrong with it back then. Have your hotbar off to the side, actions window, a buffs / songs window that would give you your active buffs, target, health etc, but my favorite part of it was the ability to create multiple chat windows and organize your chat through them. Combat window, spam window, tells window and guild / group chat windows were great. Something similar but streamlined would be appreciated.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by BearKnight

EQ has a horrible UI, don't want to log in and used Google, but this is how it looks in-game.

I do not want the EQ UI, it's terrible.