Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: 2 Million Players Strong

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by zahlia
    What's up with all you haters. This game is decent. Sure the graphics are a bit stale. But the combat is awesome. The whole currency thing really sucks though. They gotta fix that.

Game wise I think the game is one of the best MMO's ever made and the graphics are fine.  Not great but no where close to being horrible as people say.  The only negatives I have about the game play itself is the boss mechanics are non traditional which is back Back Asswards IMO.  Boss encounters shouldn't be about the number of adds they spawn with weak tank and spank bosses.  In fact Every boss except for the Spider boss is best served with 1 person doing DPS to him and the other 4 on Adds.  That is bad game design.

The worst part about the game is the cash shop, and it isn't even the price...I can handle the price being high it's the RNG needed for certain things.  I don't want to spend 20$ for a Crafting Resource kit and not get a random crafting resource for another profession which forces me to try and trade for mine.  If I spend 20$ I best be getting exactly what I want for the price.  That's mu whole issue with the game.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Kind of funny, typical Perfect World game, trumpeting 2 million accounts when 1.9 miilion of them are inactive.

yep.  I tried really hard to give it ago, as did many of my friends.  We all ended up going back to WoW and GW2.  We had fun roleplaying, we had fun running dungeons together, but eventually the fun ran out for some reason.  Near the end we ended up just only doing our Foundry roleplaying quests and areas, but that too lost it's luster.

• JustARandomPandaJustARandomPanda Member Posts: 61
    I guess I'm the odd one out here as I have a ton of fun playing Neverwinter. It's one of my favorite MMOs and I've enjoyed the quest lines. Really looking forward to the Feywild expansion next month. :)

Playing Now: The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter

Playing soon: Landmark beta, Swordman beta

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

Me and my brothers have kind of been playing this on and off were really not tied to any mmo at the moment so flitter between many. But we were playing this last Friday night and someone said something like this in chat. Well me and my brothers decided as its Friday evening got to be among the peak time surely so we did a head count by popping to every map on all 3 servers. The count was just under 1600 (I think it was 1597 however I've slept since then). Obviously we cant see how many were in pvp or dungeons but I doubt its thousands or hundred of thousands. Now obviously this was peak time for America not Europe when we did this test but I honestly cant see the numbers getting up too 2 million.

Yes 2 million created accounts 2 million people still playing not a chance

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    It would've been nice to have a company just make a mmo out of the Forgotten Realms setting, with all of the towns, cities, npcs and what not. Just let the players decide on what race, class, alignment and go to town exploring and killing. Oh, and use a combination of 1st and 2nd edition rules.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    This game should be considered blatant trash with it's 5 sad little classes, 4th edition left click magic missile rules, and obnoxious cash shop by anyone who knows what Forgotten Realms is!!!

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by JustARandomPanda
    I guess I'm the odd one out here as I have a ton of fun playing Neverwinter. It's one of my favorite MMOs and I've enjoyed the quest lines. Really looking forward to the Feywild expansion next month. :)

No, you aren't the only one of course, judging by the number of full instances in PI every time I log on. But the internet is full of frustrated man children and assorted freaks that can feel semi human only by spouting venom on anything they don't like. Nothing new

• warscarzwarscarz Member Posts: 5
    1st off I am not a exp dnd fan but.. I am a exp gamer from far back as Atari .
  • warscarzwarscarz Member Posts: 5

the rinse and repeat aspect of neverwinter is BORING theplayer base is declineing since open beta and the cash shop is over priced and you can buy your way to the top easily so its grown old fast the game needs way more attn. from the devs to fix the 2 million bugs the game has

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    This is the problem with F2P and B2P numbers.  We don't really know what they consider a player...
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Woot.  Good for cryptic and PW :))

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by JustARandomPanda

How can you be the odd one out when game is always jam packed with players? i usually don't care about numbers like these which are for pure marketing but the fact is that game is very active and lot of players are enjoying it. In the end that is all the matters.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Kind of funny, typical Perfect World game, trumpeting 2 million accounts when 1.9 miilion of them are inactive.

Why perfect world? Other companies do it all with F2P. Heck big name one recently Guildwars 2 claimed what 2 mill in China? 

Its no where near new and its silly to really pin point it on any company when they all will do it. Having no subs makes it easier to bloat out numbers. :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Actually, they said since the official launch a month ago meaning everyone at least logged on the last month so counting them as active is fine unless they count people from the open beta as well (which would be lying and indeed bad).

I am not impressed how PWE count their players but so far they havn't made anything wrong here as long as the numbers are as said in the article.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by nilden
    This game should be considered blatant trash with it's 5 sad little classes, 4th edition left click magic missile rules, and obnoxious cash shop by anyone who knows what Forgotten Realms is!!!

It is not really the number of classes that makes it sad, but the lack of customization with those classes.

If they had used the pathfinder mechanics instead (full out with the advanced players book) 5 classes would be enough since you can do so much with them.

But what really turned me off beside the cash shop was the combat mechanics, it kinda felt like they took the worst from trinity and action based combat and mixed them. You have few skills like in TERA and GW2 but you can't really move while using most of them making the combat still like older trinity games but with fewer skills.

Too bad, the player made dungeons is a great idea and Forgotten realms is a great setting even if I don't like how they treated it in the 4th edition.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    They really do run like they got a stick up their ass. Have a look at the control wizards casting animation.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Its made in China god damn it!
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    I'm leveling a human warrior tank playing very casual. I don't know if said figures are correct. However, i do now that whenever i log in be it morning or afternoon i see lots of people running around, the majority of them with stuff from the store. Which indicates a healthy population and a profitable store. 
  • daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    All lies. Theres nothing close to 2m active players.
  • PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

This.

• ZieglerZiegler Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Shodanas
    I'm leveling a human warrior tank playing very casual. I don't know if said figures are correct. However, i do now that whenever i log in be it morning or afternoon i see lots of people running around, the majority of them with stuff from the store. Which indicates a healthy population and a profitable store. 

What this indicates to me is ......there's one born every minute.

Those are problaby the ones who fell for the HotN packs and feel emotionally invested to play the game now or admit to themselves they were suckers.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

This.

umm..no...are you trying to say 2mil-1.9mil=100K players are playing this game everyday? no way.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Ziegler
    Originally posted by Shodanas

What this indicates to me is ......there's one born every minute.

Those are problaby the ones who fell for the HotN packs and feel emotionally invested to play the game now or admit to themselves they were suckers.

Actually they can't admit to themselves that they sucked ballz hard and now keep spending more money in game and keep swimming trash. it was same with PWI, FW,CO, STO and every single game published by PWE.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by jesteralways

Actually they can't admit to themselves that they sucked ballz hard and now keep spending more money in game and keep swimming trash. it was same with PWI, FW,CO, STO and every single game published by PWE.

I.. don't think so :) (but I don't play FW or PWI, only the Cryptic ones).

Let me see, after CO went f2p I spent on it... well, maybe 1 month sub to playing a bit with my gold characters.

Since STO went f2p (and that's more than 2 years now) I spent on it maybe 30 bucks on Zen. Period. Yep, you're absolutely right, it's indeed "sucked ballz hard and now keep spending more money in game and keep swimming trash" - or is it not? lol

(and for the topic, while I like Neverwinter, especially the Foundry, that player count of 2million... seriously? /raise_eyebrow)

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    2 million people playing this game.... yeah right. A better number would be 2000.