Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: 2 Million Players Strong

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

With the official launch of Neverwinter a scant month ago, Perfect World Entertainment has released a brand new trailer over at Polygon revealing that over two million players have taken part in the Dungeons & Dragons title since that time. Check out the trailer for some pretty amazing statistics.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Kind of funny, typical Perfect World game, trumpeting 2 million accounts when 1.9 miilion of them are inactive.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Its a great game that is sadly compromised by its outlandish and overpriced cash shop.  I'll eventually return once the new class is released.  I still have 4000 zen and 2 million AD ready to go to equip him.  Going to hold off on Module 1 till I can enjoy it with my preferred class.

Hopefully PWI will reduce the prices of the chash shop items by at least 25% if not more like 50%.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Yeah....

Signed up two weeks ago.

Uninstalled one week ago.

Like a few above me said. How many are actively logging in?

Metrics I'd love to see.

Max level unique accounts that have logged in current month of July.

Non max level unique accounts that have logged in current month of July.

I bet there is a big disparage between the 2M accounts made, and the 2M active accounts played.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    lol , the game is dead,  2m created? yes.....2m playing? hahaha no , i doubt even 90% of that 2M even log in
  • CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

yup 2 million people TRIED a f2p game. lol

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Give me a break. No one is playing this actively.

Joined - July 2004

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Another fraudulent use of registered accounts being used to represent the active playerbase.  FYI my family has 3 of those accounts and we left this D&D abortion in beta and those accounts are inactive.

OP fixed your title:

2 Million Accounts Made Strong.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Kind of funny, typical Perfect World game, trumpeting 2 million accounts when 1.9 miilion of them are inactive.

Well, that's probably not true but then again, it does bring up an excellent point.

These types of announcements are horrible. Saying they have 2 million players, even if some of those players play once per week or heck, regularly once per month, is fine. But trumpeting two million players as some sort of milestone can be viewed as sketchy because, as you indicated, "how many of those players still play?".

I know I played for a short bit, might play again some day but don't really feel like it now. How many others don't play at all? I think a better thing would be some sort of significant concurrent players record.

I'm sure I could put a youtube video up with me doing stupid things while scratching my bare belly and I might get 2 million views. Doesn't mean it's good or that people will watch it aga..., um.... er ok off gotta make a video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

I had 5 accounts, so thats 5 players out of the 2 million no longer active.

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Well, that's probably not true but then again, it does bring up an excellent point.

These types of announcements are horrible. Saying they have 2 million players, even if some of those players play once per week or heck, regularly once per month, is fine. But trumpeting two million players as some sort of milestone can be viewed as sketchy because, as you indicated, "how many of those players still play?".

I know I played for a short bit, might play again some day but don't really feel like it now. How many others don't play at all? I think a better thing would be some sort of significant concurrent players record.

I'm sure I could put a youtube video up with me doing stupid things while scratching my bare belly and I might get 2 million views. Doesn't mean it's good or that people will watch it aga..., um.... er ok off gotta make a video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you will have to scratch more than just your belly to get to 2 mill. But please don't.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

aaaaaand growing!!! WE ARE FLINSTONE KIDS!!! 

Wait, what were we talking about?

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • zahliazahlia Member Posts: 9
    What's up with all you haters. This game is decent. Sure the graphics are a bit stale. But the combat is awesome. The whole currency thing really sucks though. They gotta fix that.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by Cetra

yup 2 million people TRIED a f2p game. lol

Exactly what I thought.

20 bucks says the population is already declining in it's first release month!

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    How many active players per week?

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by zahlia
    What's up with all you haters. This game is decent. Sure the graphics are a bit stale. But the combat is awesome. The whole currency thing really sucks though. They gotta fix that.

And it pretty much ends there.  No real depth.  The currency system and cash shop is an obscene get-rich-quick cash grab.

For once, I want action combat AND some kind of depth to it.  Game doesn't really feel like a MMO.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
    Originally posted by zahlia

Graphics are the highlight !!  The rest of the game is Street Fighter with a D&D tag slapped on it.  Nothing about this game is D&D.

• DaringDaring Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I really don't think you guys play Neverwinter now?  Everytime I log on, the city is packed with players?  I don't know if they have 2 million players but they hve a big player base.  I see it everyday I log on.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Originally posted by Daring
    I really don't think you guys play Neverwinter now?  Everytime I log on, the city is packed with players?  I don't know if they have 2 million players but they hve a big player base.  I see it everyday I log on.

It is not terribly hard for a city to become full of players when all you do is sit in it all day and que up for stuff. 

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    "2 million players", brought to you by the same delusional minds that think 25 million play AoW or 2.5 million log into GW2 every week. This industry is so full of bullshit right now.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    The hype is strong in this one. Use the force you must to resist playing this garbage.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389

Haha so true, the game has gone downhill fast lol.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Princess.ClaudePrincess.Claude Member UncommonPosts: 65

I quit the game after maybe 20 min, i don't understand why they craft a decent looking world, then go completely retard on the characters. It's a 3rd person game, yet the characters are so poorly done it's a joke, low resolution textures, low polygon skeletons, awkward animations (awkward is putting it lightly)

One of the most fundamental core aspect in a 3rd person game is great character design, i have to spend potentially thousands of hours constantly looking at at my character so it better have fluent smooth good looking animations and NOT run like a retard with a stick up it's ass.

The game might have some good things going for it for all i know, but if it fails at such a fundamental level, it's a no-go for me.

tl:dr I could not stand to look at my shitty looking character for more then 20 min.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Hey wow, a number that means absolutely nothing! I bet it counts everyone who ever signed up for an account.
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Hey wow, a number that means absolutely nothing! I bet it counts everyone who ever signed up for an account.

Next we will see Facebook likes and website hits being counted.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    Originally posted by Asm0deus

Haha so true, the game has gone downhill fast lol.

yeah , its a bit sad how games sink so fast nowadays....not even 1 big patch and the game is dead....