Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a breath of fresh air :)

StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76

Hi folks, 

I played MMOs for quite a long time, mostly WoW, but after about aight years it totally began to bore me...

tried something new, Rift didnt keep my attention  and now I am kind of lost...

I thought of going back to Aion but since I am from Germany I would rather wait for 4.0 to hit live servers at this will not happen before end of August...

So I tried Tera and I cant describe but something just didnt feel right for me...

So, what am I searching for...I love asia style games like Aion or Tera, graphics shoudnt be too old, I dont mind a grind and the game should have some PvP... I wouldnt have a problem to try something new, like a shooter or something as long as its kind of an MMO and not some stupid lobby game...And the game should be F2P, I would not mind to dump some € into it when I hit maxlevel but the main game shouldnt cost me anything :)

Hope you can recommend me something that at least holds my attention till Aion hits 4.0 ;)

Comments

• KingAlkaiserKingAlkaiser Member UncommonPosts: 57

my pure honest opinion on this topic is to give the secret world a try, to me its the only mmorpg that i have played in a long time where i didn't feel like yet another wanabe wow clone/etc ( same rehashed tired concepts).

1) no monthly fee pay for game once and then its free for life with no restrictions.

2) a story driven mmorpg, heck almost every single regular quest is actually interesting, one of the few games where you get excited about doing quests and missions as it requires some thinking and story to go through.

3)no class in game and no levels

4)people complain about combat but once you get used to it it is really nice.

• cydoneqcydoneq Member UncommonPosts: 66
    neverwinter, firefall mabye entropia universe :)

• StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76

Secret World doesnt seem to have a trial so I wont try it....made this mistake with guild wars 2...

Firefall looks like I could give it a try, Neverwinter seems to be too CS depending, at least that is what I heared about it :/

• JakzyJakzy Member Posts: 68
    I would recommend checking out Gloria Victis, it's an indie project in development, you can donate 10 usd to support them abd get access to pre-alpha testing.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by Jakzy
    I would recommend checking out Gloria Victis, it's an indie project in development, you can donate 10 usd to support them abd get access to pre-alpha testing.

Referral links are against the code of conduct on this site, you may wanna remove that from your signature.

• klagmireklagmire Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by Styxa

Secret World doesnt seem to have a trial so I wont try it....made this mistake with guild wars 2...

Firefall looks like I could give it a try, Neverwinter seems to be too CS depending, at least that is what I heared about it :/

LOL the game costs like 15 bucks. Times are tough huh?

Played:SWG(pre NGE/CU sucked)Yep its true, anyone who quit SWG because of the NGE/CU missed out on a much better combat system. DCUO, Fallen Earth, STO, The Secret World. Battlefield series. Planetside 2. Still playing SWG.

• nearmysnearmys Member Posts: 15
    TSW has the best voice-acting of any game I've ever played.
  • JakzyJakzy Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Forgrimm

Referral links are against the code of conduct on this site, you may wanna remove that from your signature.

Acutally this is what it says:

MMORPG.com does not support its members posting links for which they are entitled to reward.

You know what it also says, this:

Posting in boards that clearly have nothing to do with your topic is not tolerated. Typically, posts of this nature will be moved to the appropriate board.

and this:

Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited at MMORPG.com.

If you want reply to this you better pm me.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by Forgrimm

Acutally this is what it says:

MMORPG.com does not support its members posting links for which they are entitled to reward.

You know what it also says, this:

Posting in boards that clearly have nothing to do with your topic is not tolerated. Typically, posts of this nature will be moved to the appropriate board.

and this:

Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited at MMORPG.com.

If you want reply to this you better pm me.

Yup, and you obviously get some kind of reward every time someone uses your referral link, that's pretty much the purpose of referral links. That's also most likely why you recommend that game in almost every thread, despite the fact that it's in pre-alpha and no where near release. So i'll just report it and let mmorpg staff make the decision.

Edit: I went to report your last post for the referral link and I got a message stating it was already reported, so it seems i'm not the only one who feels that way.

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Styxa

I can send you a The Secret World invite, if you want. Just PM me an e-mail address, please.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

The industry is toxic for someone like me who hates cash shops. Even after trying to play something while ignoring the cash shop the quality of gameplay in most free to play titles would warrant wearing the hazmat suit. There hasn't been a breath of fresh air for a long time from my view.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Are there any opinions on Neverwinter...doesnt seem to fit my asia criteria but overall seems pretty interesting...