Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF best f2p FPS

SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152

I miss playing a good FPS. I think my favorite FPS would have to be Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Sadly I can't play it anymore, and it's probably just nostalgia. I played CS:S for a lonnnng time as well. Got into the competitive scene and all.  I'm just bored of MMORPG's right now (as we all are) and want something fun to do. Some good ol' head hunting ya know? Maybe even a good third person shooter. Not Firefall though, lol.

Looking for something new(ish)

Comments

• giga1000giga1000 Member Posts: 98

Planetside 2 is really really good and F2P

https://www.planetside2.com/

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142

Though not really FPS but rather Third Person Shooters, I've long had a good time with Firefall myself. It's a great shooter with a large open world full of dynamic events as well as some isntanced areas, advanced crafting and skill progression system, and a well built PVP System with a very well built spectator mode (even includes recording matches and such). All your "classes" are determined by the frame your currently wearing and you can unlock all of them (you even get all 5 base frames free to start) so you can switch 'classes' at will. Also an awezome F2P model that is in no way p2w and a great dev team who cares about their game and community. And of course Jumpjets and futuristic motorcycles are just fun as all hell :p

Warframe is another one I only just recently picked up and started playing and been having a blast with. It's also 3rd person shooter and has some pretty awesome graphics and the gameplay is a lot of fun. It's almost kindo feels like a mix between an awesome scifi shooter and ninja gaiden sigma lol. Wall running and power sliding and all included as well as tons of bad arse melee weapons to go along with your primary weapon and sidearm. Also uses a frame system kinda like Firefall does though its a little more limited on how many you can have and they take longer to unlock.  It's also controller firendly and has a good F2P model that also isnt p2w.

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152

I'm kind of one foot in one foot out with FireFall. I like it, but I'm going to give it some time before I dedicate my time to it.

But Warframe... I went to the site, watched the gameplay trailer... Instantly signed up and i'm currently downloading updates. Lol, the game looks great. Can't wait to get it.

• klagmireklagmire Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by giga1000

Planetside 2 is really really good and F2P

https://www.planetside2.com/

Yea Planetside 2 is the best FPS out there. And its f2p. Gotta have a good computer though. Plus F2P takes awhile to gain good gear.

Played:SWG(pre NGE/CU sucked)Yep its true, anyone who quit SWG because of the NGE/CU missed out on a much better combat system. DCUO, Fallen Earth, STO, The Secret World. Battlefield series. Planetside 2. Still playing SWG.

• thekritzthekritz Member Posts: 1
    Team Fortress 2, although if you're coming from CS:S there's a lot more tracking aim and predictive aim compared to the quick accurate snap aiming required in CS. There's also competitive league play (ESEA mainly for NA players).
  • 44_Doc44_Doc Member Posts: 7
    Not much of a fps player myself, but loved fast paced shooters, Quake like. I've recently found Renaissance Heroes, f2p on steam, basically its Quake III in a renaissance theme. So yea, if you're into that type of games you should totally give it a go!