Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: More Queen's Jubilee Details Emerge for August 6th Update

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

We learned of Guild Wars 2's next update yesterday with some cryptic invitations to Jennah's event, but today ArenaNet is pulling the lid back on the full update. Read on for the full rundown. 

In Queen’s Jubilee, players will celebrate 10 years of Queen Jennah’s rule by opting to take a hot air balloon to Divinity’s Reach, the capital of the human nation of Kryta, and home to the opening ceremony. Once there, players can join the festivities and compete in ceremonial combat in the Crown Pavilion, a new gladiatorial arena Queen Jennah has commissioned for the occasion.

Players can get an early look at the update during a livestream with ArenaNet developers on Aug. 5 at noon (PT).

Among the many other new events, rewards and features included in Queen’s Jubilee are the following:

New Events

• Hot Air Balloons: Queen Jennah’s court has sent hot air balloons to transport the inhabitants of Tyria to the celebration. Players can find the hot air balloons in the open world and hop a fun, quick and stylish ride to the party.

• The Opening Ceremony: Players can attend the dedication of the Crown Pavilion, a new gladiatorial arena the queen has commissioned for the celebration, and watch its inaugural contest.

• Enter the Crown Pavilion: Players will be tested in this new mini-zone that feature mighty representations of humanity’s enemies. Representing various cities of Tyria, players can be named champion of a nation and gain access to unique reward vendors.

• Fight in the Queen’s Gauntlet: Players can attempt to defeat in single combat increasingly difficult challenges against unique bosses. Taking risks with special gambit conditions will earn more prestigious rewards.

New Rewards

• Watchwork Mechanisms: Watchwork technology – the latest and greatest innovation in Tyria – becomes more important as players can use watchwork parts in new crafting recipes or as currency in the Crown Pavilion to buy items like new rune and sigil recipes and the new Sovereign Weapon Set.

• Mini Watchknight: Completing the Queen’s Jubilee meta achievement will earn players a miniature Watchknight that is modeled after the queen’s new mechanical sentinels.

New Features

•  Account Wallet for Currency: Players can now keep all of their currencies in one wallet that makes dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honor, gems and glory accessible to any of the characters on their account.

• PvP Solo Queue: With new Solo Arena matches, players can join PvP matches in a competitive environment without having to gather a full team or fight against a pre-formed group. Solo Arena also features its own leaderboard, so players can earn rank without affecting their Team Arena standings.

• Bonus Rewards for Dungeons: Now, there’s even more incentive for braving the dungeons of Tyria. Each day, when finishing a unique path for any explorable or story dungeon, players will receive a bonus reward for completion – 1 gold for explorable dungeons, 50 silver for story dungeons. These new rewards for dungeon completion replace the guaranteed coin rewards that previously dropped from bosses in dungeons. All other drops from bosses have not been changed.

• Mini-Game Rotation System: Players can take part in the new, daily mini-game rotation that was promised by both of the Captain’s Council candidates in the previous update. The initial rotation includes Sanctum Sprint, Keg Brawl, Southsun Survival and Crab Toss. 

For more information, visit the official GW2 site.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    The remade district looks beautiful.
    Improved Effects Level of Detail System

OMFG YES!

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Forum is broken and I can't edit my post ==

Their offcial page has far more details and cool improvements. one of the best is the new particle effect detail system. Finally boss fights will be watchable! I've been annoyed by that only since 1st beta =p

• DamarusofktDamarusofkt Member UncommonPosts: 74
    The new effects thing should really help a number of areas.  Looks like a fun update - Queen’s Gauntlet.

Leader of Knights Templar
    GW2 IGN: Damarus
    knights-templar.com

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I have been waiting for SOO LONG for that solo arena rank. Time to get my pvp on!

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Account wallet is a much needed feature in MMOs. I can't count how many times I've had to juggle currencies or been stuck because my X character seems to be short on something while my Y character has it, but they can't share the goods.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Yay!

Currency wallet!

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Awesome update with some much needed features and the new content sounds really interesting with the new look of Divinity's Reach.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• BogyaBogya Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Is this arena will be made in the great collapse?

You cant hide what you dont want to.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Methos12
    Account wallet is a much needed feature in MMOs. I can't count how many times I've had to juggle currencies or been stuck because my X character seems to be short on something while my Y character has it, but they can't share the goods.

Tell me about it.  All those things are eating up precious bag/bank space.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by Bogya

??

Originally posted by Kuppa

??

Because poor literacy is kewl.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    WillIs this arena will be made in the great collapse?

There, fixed it for you. 

And your answer is: "Yes, this new arena is where the Great Collapse used to be."

But oh man are the other update pieces so awesome in concept.   The major thing I see coming out of this patch is the Account Wallet feature for all currency types.    After that, with the revamp of dungeon rewards, -and the new Champion loot system- it would seem that other dungeons in the game will become just as viable options for daily play through as the CoF pt1.

I'm giddy for this update and it's just so unfair that they release this much juicy information a week prior.  [Hmmm,....maybe I can freeze myself like Cartman did while waiting for the Nintendo Wii?]

Originally posted by Siphaed

There, fixed it for you. 

And your answer is: "Yes, this new arena is where the Great Collapse used to be."

But oh man are the other update pieces so awesome in concept.   The major thing I see coming out of this patch is the Account Wallet feature for all currency types.    After that, with the revamp of dungeon rewards, -and the new Champion loot system- it would seem that other dungeons in the game will become just as viable options for daily play through as the CoF pt1.

I'm giddy for this update and it's just so unfair that they release this much juicy information a week prior.  [Hmmm,....maybe I can freeze myself like Cartman did while waiting for the Nintendo Wii?]

Ohh awesome, I thought he was talking about the solo arenas.

Originally posted by Siphaed

There, fixed it for you. 

Depends.  Have you gotten your Ellen Kiel and Evon Gnashblade minis?

Also, your avatar is cooo(l).

• jkfcjkfc Member UncommonPosts: 42
    looks really good. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    no LFG yet?
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Skuall
    no LFG yet?

It is coming - they will release it when it works not when people will complain that it doesn't work. That is such a small little thing also.

I did notice yesterday that the great collapse has a cover over it and is fenced in. This all makes sense now

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    "Improved Effects Level of Detail System

Effects like fireballs, streaks that trail behind a sword, players’ footsteps, and even the fiery breath of dragons are all part of the beauty of Guild Wars 2. In situations where all of that beauty can start to take away from the visual clarity of the battlefield, this new system will slowly start reducing the detail of each effect in order to increase combat visibility when many effect types are overlapping."

So, they are reducing the gfx details?

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Have you traveled around Kryta? There is nothing to celebrate.  Volunteers have to constantly fight off enemies.
  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by zasten
    "Improved Effects Level of Detail System

Effects like fireballs, streaks that trail behind a sword, players’ footsteps, and even the fiery breath of dragons are all part of the beauty of Guild Wars 2. In situations where all of that beauty can start to take away from the visual clarity of the battlefield, this new system will slowly start reducing the detail of each effect in order to increase combat visibility when many effect types are overlapping."

So, they are reducing the gfx details?

They are reducing the amount of effects at the same spot. Sometimes there can be fire, ice and other elements in your face and you don't see a thing. You will still see all the skill effects but they will be reduced to a minimum.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Vinterkrig
    yay more pve..... PVE WARS should of been the game's name

+1 for missing the Solo Ranked PvP Arena update.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• johaocarljohaocarl Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    Have you traveled around Kryta? There is nothing to celebrate.  Volunteers have to constantly fight off enemies.

Are you a member of White Mantle?

• zatremzatrem Member Posts: 4
    exacly...
  • ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by Vinterkrig
    yay more pve..... PVE WARS should of been the game's name

I think we have been reading different update notes.

This is not a game.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Awesome updates! I'm excited by the small WvW changes...I like the new Finisher system. The Currency Wallet is also long overdue and much welcome!