Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light: Settlers of Ganareth 10,000 Keys ALL Gone in under 1 minute ONLY??!!!

Comments

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Originally posted by Redd-Dragon7
    Come on guys... Is it that hard to figure out?They didn’t run out of 10,000 keys in 30 seconds. They are lying about the number. This is understandable since they are an amateur development and publishing company that doesn’t have enough money to even release a box set let alone run servers. MMORPGs are a competitive genre. They do not want to be looked at like newbie’s or failures.

You know 10k isn't much. It's very little infact. So I don't see any reason for them lying about it. D&L has had a pretty big hype for years now, so a fanbase of 10k atleast is expected. No mather if the game is good or bad.

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

Can someone tell me the IRC server/channel everyone is in talking about it? Can't remember the official one off the top of my head.

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Well there is a pioneer key selling for over $700 US on Ebay atm if anyone is interested.image

It's not mine, can't believe it myself, just shows what kind of farmers, I mean gamers, they are attracting with this preorder system.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

good thing i got pioneer so dont have to worry that i missed it but damn thats fast

"It's the darkness that brings us power"

• Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501

Come on guys... Is it that hard to figure out?
    They didn’t run out of 10,000 keys in 30 seconds. They are lying about the number. This is understandable since they are an amateur development and publishing company that doesn’t have enough money to even release a box set let alone run servers. MMORPGs are a competitive genre. They do not want to be looked at like newbie’s or failures.
    I got my key at 1:03 and my clock is not behind or ahead in any way. Their website is set to show you that there are no more keys after you register.
    Also, you are not getting an email because it is done by hand. Yes, it is done by hand. They have no automatic email program. They do it by hand. They did the same for the Pioneer Accounts. This is why it took really long for people to get their email. I wouldn’t doubt that’s the developers were the ones emailing it out.
    They are an amateur devolvement company backed by an amateur publishing company. Seriously, did you have any doubts about this when they started to use a PayPal like website to bill their customers?

Now, go ahead… All you “hardcore fans” post away with flames. You know I’m right.

I fall on the same side of the fence as this guy...  Sure, DnL has some hype going for it, but that many keys in that little of time from a publisher and developer team that uses a crappy .pdf file for there skill tree, is definitely in question...  Did any of you see that?  Pretty shady... 

The only plausible explanation would be that all of the SWG refugees gobbled up the keys, this could have happened, but highly unlikely...  Lord knows plenty of people have left that game...

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

<[AD]Jodh> You will get a confirmation email in the next few hours...the email cue is a little overloaded right now :) [18:12] <[AD]Jodh> ok ladies and gentelmen...it's official, all 10,000 keys gone in exactly 1 minute 20 seconds....that's a lot of F5 [18:14] <[AD]Jodh> The download will be available tomorrow [18:14] <[AD]Jodh> the servers will go live on the 13th

just some info about dl and when sog will be live

"It's the darkness that brings us power"

Uhh, 1minute and 20 seconds?

No freaking way.

Literally as SOON as it opened up I signed up and accidently messed up on my password, then reloaded the page and got the "sorry we're out" message. It was in no way over 10seconds at most.

• dotheaddothead Member Posts: 34

Just remember they already sold 8881 keys so 10000-8881=1119 actualy available

::::11::::::27:: They shall feel my wrath

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by En1Gma

looks like there are more fans to this game than led on

Or 1000 fanatics with 10 accounts and a quick finger. If every IP was only allowed 1 key each, there would still be some available.

I call bull$hit. image

Joined - July 2004

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926
    Agree with above poster, also Wish was cancled due to lack of interest, perhaps given the hype this will not be an issue here. 8,000 + pre orders is a good indication of interest , so time will tell whats down the pike for this offering
  • RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

My roommate got a spot and I didn't and I GAVE HIM THE LINK!  haahahah :)

I'm hexxed or something....

No bitchers.

• AshkentAshkent Member Posts: 772
    so you people who got in tell us how it is then. screw the nda, i want to know if this game is as sh!tty as it looks.
  • gameshogungameshogun Member UncommonPosts: 105

personally, as long as they will deliver the pre-orders next year, I'm fine. If later they don't deliver well with the game itself (not the box), then I'll leave the game and move on to Trials of Ascension (if it'll be out next year by then), or go addict with WoW: Burning Crusade while I wait for another RPG-centred game.

Now if they don't deliver the boxes next year, then they have to refund me.

Here's more, the company they hired to do their GM and Community stuff namely "AD" or "Alchemic Dream" (http://www.alchemicdream.net) are a bunch of people who do not do their research properly and who do not have any Customer Support experience as evident by the way they refer to SnailGame's License to provide a separate server for China-Hong Kong-Taiwan as the "Asian server" when it was ONLY a "China Server".

These AD people will keep on saying "ASIA" server or "ASIANS" when referring to the CHINA/CHINESE SERVER of SnailGame, thus starting out a RACIAL battle. If these AD people are professionals as they claim to be, if these AD people has a HIGH QUALITY Customer Support, then they know they must get their facts straight.

They will not even clear-out (let alone defend) ASIA when people are inter-changing the words "FARMING" and "ASIANS". That's the kind of people Alchemic Dream has, a lot of us can do better than them (yes I know personally coz I work as a Community Manager and GameMaster in other MMORPGs). They hired the wrong company to do their CM and GM jobs. These AD people should learn World History and their English again, and must take Customer Support lessons and training.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Originally posted by iinfidel

Come on guys... Is it that hard to figure out?
    They didn’t run out of 10,000 keys in 30 seconds. They are lying about the number. This is understandable since they are an amateur development and publishing company that doesn’t have enough money to even release a box set let alone run servers. MMORPGs are a competitive genre. They do not want to be looked at like newbie’s or failures.

The fact that there were 1000 people in the official irc room trying to get a key kind of makes me think they aren't lieing. I'd bet that less than 1 in 10 of the people trying to get a key know how to use irc, and even less knew that the room existed.

they sold already almost 9000 keys...why should they lie. one of my friend tried to buy 2 keys and it wasnt that easy...even after 2-3 min. and sales was up, he was number 2000 around already.

more people would love to buy keys but no keys were left....

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

If they wanted to hype the game while there was no real demand for 10k keys, then they would do it in a fashion that would sound plausible. For instance, telling that all 10k spots were taken in the first half an hour. This would still give them very good publicity and would not cause wild theories like the ones in this thread.

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

They already said the pioneer accounts are NOT refundable, once you bought one you're stuck with it, can't get your money back.

• UriasUrias Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by deggilator

If they wanted to hype the game while there was no real demand for 10k keys, then they would do it in a fashion that would sound plausible. For instance, telling that all 10k spots were taken in the first half an hour. This would still give them very good publicity and would not cause wild theories like the ones in this thread.

How could they do that when people knew that 5 mins after 1800GMT the keys was gone?

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by dothead

They were offering 10.000 free keys, which is seperate form the Pioneer Pre-orders, which leads to a total of 18.881 participants when SoG is released on Dec 13th.

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

• UriasUrias Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by deggilator

Originally posted by dothead

They were offering 10.000 free keys, which is seperate form the Pioneer Pre-orders, which leads to a total of 18.881 participants when SoG is released on Dec 13th.

Plus the chinese "pro guilds" that got invited from snailgames so 18881+CN pro guilds.

• bl1ndbl1nd Member Posts: 102

I do believe it is real.....

There is no point in doing otherwise

The same thing ppl started to said when they sold 8881 keys in 1 day and half

Lol... if they SOLD 8881 keys for 60$ really overpriced in 1 day

10k free keys in 1 minutes.... kind of obvious

• YuckYuckYuckYuck Member Posts: 3

Obvious? I don't think so... I mean 1min20sec I really a feat to accomplish for a MMORPG release... Everyone was expecting 6hours, 3hours and even 1day.

What I'm still mad about is people having multiple keys for themselves, especially the pioneer people. It's been rumored that many pioneers wanted the free key so they could test the game out, and if the game is horrible, they can have a refund. =/

Sigh, I've been waiting for this game for 2 whole years and I can't beat those who signed up for DnL in Dec 2005 ='[ I really wanted a key!!

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

You realize that WoW had 300k so even though it took longer to distribute them, people probly didn't rush as much knowing there was some time. With DnL people were waiting like before a movie. WoW was more laidback and way way way more prepared.

• DesdicadoDesdicado Member UncommonPosts: 9

Well I haven't been whit the DnL or SoG community for very long, June 2005 or something like that but  that don't make me a bad TESTER, remember ppl this is about TESTING a game not playing it for free.

All I'm hopeing is that ppl that "got" more then 1 accounts are giving them to hardcore TESTERS so we all can enjoy this game a lil more later on.

I was lucky to be home as I'm usually home later in the evning so I got me an account, at 18.00.06 , at 18.01.30 they where all gone, so I guess they aren't lying about it.

Just look at this sites small community and all the ppl involved in the game, 10k accounts in 1,5min isen't that hard to belive in.

• BlueCoyoteBlueCoyote Member Posts: 244

Originally posted by Desdicado
    Well I haven't been whit the DnL or SoG community for very long, June 2005 or something like that but that don't make me a bad TESTER, remember ppl this is about TESTING a game not playing it for free.
    All I'm hopeing is that ppl that "got" more then 1 accounts are giving them to hardcore TESTERS so we all can enjoy this game a lil more later on.
    I was lucky to be home as I'm usually home later in the evning so I got me an account, at 18.00.06 , at 18.01.30 they where all gone, so I guess they aren't lying about it.
    Just look at this sites small community and all the ppl involved in the game, 10k accounts in 1,5min isen't that hard to belive in.

Hardcore TESTERS should try their luck getting into the closed beta. SoG is not a test, it's a prelude to Dark and Light set to run side by side with Dark and Light's beta.
  • AzathothAzathoth Member Posts: 357

No, no, no.

10,000 keys gone because they were (in my opinion) reserved for hardcore followers.

The end result generates hype, does it not?

Know your enemy well.

Cartman has a big fat ass!