Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF F2P PvE MMORPG

SolomonProwerSolomonPrower Member Posts: 3

The past month or so I've been looking for a new MMO to play. I'm not interested at all in any pvp though, I'm looking purely for pve content. Here are the games I've already played/tried out:

-Guild Wars 2

-Neverwinter

-Dungeons & Dragons Online

-Rift

-Firefall

I've been looking at Tera to try out, however I'm not sure how the population for the game is, and how much pve content there is to do in the game. I'm a huge fan of dungeons/raids, and pretty much looking for something that I can stick playing with for the long term rather than hopping games frequently.  Also I don't mind gear grinds in a game. I don't care too much for story in any MMO, I never really pay much attention to the stories in any of them. 

What games out there right now have stable populations and are more pve oriented?

Comments

• SolomonProwerSolomonPrower Member Posts: 3
    I guess you could say more grinding style. I don't care much for story, in all of the games I listed above not once did I pay attention to the story (got about 600 hours of playtime on GW2 and never finished story once).
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

tera is a very good game with fun combat.  its servers are all high or very high except one (i play on celestial hills the RP PVE server.  if you like it what i would do is try to find a box somewhere for cheap; a box gets you founder status which gets you a bunch of character slots and stuff that otherwise would cost you in the item store.

my main complaint of tera is it's global chat.  which can be turned off.  the mature players are out there but you have to look for them other places than global.  global makes your soul burn.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• SolomonProwerSolomonPrower Member Posts: 3
    How is the PvE content in the game? That's the game I've been looking at the most since the combat looks like a lot of fun, although I haven't heard much about whether or not there's a lot of stuff to do with endgame dungeons/raids.
  • bassderekbassderek Member Posts: 1

PvE is fun, although leveling can be a bit grindy in the standard mmo-questhub kind of way. Killing BAMs (big ass monsters) is fun, you may need a group but if skilled or geared enough you can take them on solo. Dungeons are pretty fun and can require you to be aware of boss mechanics and actively dodge/block/teleport. The "True Action Combat" is a lot of fun.

As far as end game, there are a handful of lvl60 dungeons that are fun at first, but only 2 raids (10m and 20m of same thing - 20m being much harder).. so it doesn't quite have the huge endgame "raid progression" like WoW or other MMOs. PvP is meh and entirely gear/class based for the most part, ymmv though. There is a healthy population at 60 but beware of trolls. If you want to avoid PvP, roll on Tempest Reach PvE server. Mount Tyrannas PvP is most populated but in Tera you can be ganked in open world on pvp servers so if you don't like that beware.

That being said I have 3 lvl 60s (priest, lancer, slayer) so I've played all 3 roles and had fun doing so. The end game eventually gets boring, but you have a lot of hours of gameplay before that happens IMO.