Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion now: bots and grind?

WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120

When Aion was released, I was so onboard.

I preordered and bought the collectors edition, was in a bit a beta. I was ready for release.

Then it happened. I noticed right away, right after release...BOTS!

Bots everywhere! You would see teams of 3 or 4 characters just following each other leveling. Also bots gathering. Saw a bunch above some village where you can gather stuff. Bots just flying around gathering materials.

Then there was the grind.

I remember a quest where you needed to kill something like 50 rats. You finally finish grinding out 50 rats, turn in the quest to received a new quest to...kill 50 rats!

I actually quit playing two level to max...I just couldn't take the grind anymore.

So I only played about 2 mths of Aion after release.

The question I have:

1) Does grind still exist in this game?

2) Do bots still exist?

Comments

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    It's free to play now and I might say the best free to play system out there so give it a try even for nostalgia reason.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• ChizzlChizzl Member Posts: 8
    Yeah, what this guy said everything... except 4 levels from making it to cap.... never looked back, still don't even have a tingling to go back and check it out again, this one killed me.... bots and grinding I hated it.  It was infested with the botters you all F'n suck (add a few more expletives on the end).
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by WhiteCross

I preordered and bought the collectors edition, was in a bit a beta. I was ready for release.

Bots everywhere! You would see teams of 3 or 4 characters just following each other leveling. Also bots gathering. Saw a bunch above some village where you can gather stuff. Bots just flying around gathering materials.

I remember a quest where you needed to kill something like 50 rats. You finally finish grinding out 50 rats, turn in the quest to received a new quest to...kill 50 rats!

I actually quit playing two level to max...I just couldn't take the grind anymore.

The question I have:

2) Do bots still exist?

While I'm not an aion fan, I have to partially defend them on the bots.  In this day and age, botting is just part of mmos...technology is so good that in every game someone in one of the communities will be able to build a program.  This is especially true in your tab target programs as it makes it that much simpliler to create a program...hell with tab target you can make one on your keyboard.  So...sadly, I just don't see how we can really get to mad at companies for the botting...we have to know they don't want it to happen either.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by SirBalin
    Originally posted by WhiteCross

The question I have:

2) Do bots still exist?

While I'm not an aion fan, I have to partially defend them on the bots.  In this day and age, botting is just part of mmos...technology is so good that in every game someone in one of the communities will be able to build a program.  This is especially true in your tab target programs as it makes it that much simpliler to create a program...hell with tab target you can make one on your keyboard.  So...sadly, I just don't see how we can really get to mad at companies for the botting...we have to know they don't want it to happen either.

Guild War 2 did it.

When GW2 came out there were a bunch of Ranger bots...then <BAM!>, no more bots. So, apparently, there is a method of addressing this. That is, if employees that staff a company have the talent to do so.

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314

Gold Spammers.

That is a huge problem now....  Sometimes sitting right outside the Temple of Gold in Pandemonium....

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570

Same thing in Sanctum. Gold spamers galore.  For me the game is enjoyable to a point. Enchanting system blows and hearing about bots isn't good either. With the gold spamers , makes you wonder if they're the ones behind the bots. Also you get what you pay for.  Free just about everything, not much enforcement of ToS.