Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just noticed Dark Elf in the picture has horns?

13»

Comments

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Lokero
    Originally posted by ice-vortex
    There is rumor that deity choice can have physical appearance effects on a character.

That's the first thing that came to my mind, too.  Just like the Bioware games, it's probably some aesthetic alteration for being a super evil follower of Innoruuk or something.

Either that, or it's not even a dark elf, but some type of Satyr that got hit by a fireball and burned black... the art is bad enough that it could go either way.

Hmmm a strong faction relationship to deities might make for some interesting game play; which would also explain a lot concerning some of the images and official comments.  Friday cant come soon enough.  

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I don't see it as a primary feature in EQN's tier'dal artwork.

Probably earrings.

a yo ho ho

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by 3-4thElf

Probably earrings.

Earrings that are pointy and coming out of her forehead? What an odd place to put them. Maybe her chin is really a necklace? 

• SlavakkSlavakk Member Posts: 36
    Dude its just a hat people!!!! The damn elf probably got it from the cash shop or one of the mini seasonal promotions!!
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Probably earrings.

Earrings that are pointy and coming out of her forehead? What an odd place to put them. Maybe her chin is really a necklace? 

I've seen odder things in fantasy. They're clearly fishbone earrings. 

a yo ho ho

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Probably earrings.

Better tell the artist to move her ears to her forehead then lol, Or the earrings to her ears, not sure what one would be easier =-)

Probably earrings.

Better tell the artist to move her ears to her forehead then lol, Or the earrings to her ears, not sure what one would be easier =-)

I think most people just don't pay enough attention. It looks like a jewelry piece more than horns is all. 

But there's a generation of people who grew up seeing the lil' men as standing on top of the goals in Double Dribble.

a yo ho ho

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Just discovered this on Ten Ton Hammer

Yep, those are horns.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    okay horns. sorry edited.
    Chamber of Chains
  • kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142

This video kind of addresses a number of things numerous people here are saying: Races, Characters and Weapons Explained

First of all that is indeed a Dark Elf and they do have some form of 2nd appendage wether it be 2nd set of ears or horns or whatever they are.

Second of all they state there is a lot of new unique lore specifically for the Dark Elves so I am sure somewhere in there they will explain the nature of those new appendages.

Third gear is fully customizable so if someone wants to wear a chainmail bikini then they can but no one will ever be forced to. Find an awesome piece of gear but don't like its look? You can change it.

• bill4747bill4747 Member Posts: 202

That Dark Elf looks great to me. I would invite her to my place horns, ears, unusual jewelry, not a problem.

I do, however, fear greatly for her safety.  That armor is only keeping her arms and legs protected.

Perhaps Dark Elves have such good muscle tone that swords and maces bounce of their abs?

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    In a fantasy game your extremities come into contact with things .Like when you kick or punch or swing a sword. Theoretically  your torse should not touch anything if you are skilled so I guess the dark elf is protecting the vulnerable bits.
    Chamber of Chains
  • TyvolusTyvolus Member Posts: 190

when I signed up on the EQN website for beta or whatever it was I was registering for, a picture of a Dark Elf female came up, concept art...it had some explanations....pointing to the horns, saying they were well, horns, also had described the eyes as being similar to a serpent or dragon in looks and shape...no description on the feet, but they looked like lizards feet...toes were pointed and toenails that looked like an animals. I tried to find the pic again but cant, it only came up after I registered. IMO, the DE female was a total fail. very disappointed with the art direction of the game, and the DE female made Tony the Tiger look pretty cool in comparison.

• TicklepinkTicklepink Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Its gear WITH horns.or...maybe its not a elf an in fact a Tiefling.

• TyvolusTyvolus Member Posts: 190

Originally posted by Ticklepink
    Its gear WITH horns.or...maybe its not a elf an in fact a Tiefling.

dark elves grow horns. PERIOD. if that changes or not remains to be seen. and like I just said they have serpent like eyes and lizard like feet. I just explained all that.

• grimjakkgrimjakk Member Posts: 192

Got to www.everquestnext.com and download the short story "The Last Stand of the Teir'dal".

In this Norrath, there is no Innoruuk.  The Teir'dal were either a warrior caste or the equivalent of Special Forces.  And although they didn't originally, these elves apparently now have draconic blood in their makeup.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

also discussed here

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/05/soe-live-2013-the-lore-of-everquest-next/

With no reason to fear the Elves any longer, Dragons returned to exact revenge by laying waste to the lands. The Feir'Dal, a faction of Elves welcoming to other races, brought the allies together again, ushering in a long and costly war. Unfortunately, their strength was not enough, and the elite forces (the Teir'Dal, led by a Thex) make a heroic last stand at the fortress of Bastion so the Combine forces can flee.

(Note: As players can see, the Teir'Dal with their horns no longer look like the other Elves. During an interview, Franchise Director Dave Georgeson spoke of how these Elves now had Dragon blood in them. Now we see how that stage was set!)

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    They had sex with dragons
  • SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    tbh when i first saw dark elfs in live stream, first thought that popped into my head was " satyrs "
  • vamirezvamirez Member Posts: 1
    In original EQ lore Innoruuk "created" dark elves by corrupting and torturing normal elves, until they became dark elves. Iirc an elf king and queen were the first. He did not create them in his image and there is no reason whatsoever for them to have horns. I assume this origin story was changed because torturing and corrupting elves is too dark for the new game... Also, the horns indicate that dark elves are supposed to be evil...
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    I dont think those go high enough to be true horns.  Horns are typically used for battle - either to gore or to bash.
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

It's actually a cash shop item you can "add" to any character model... on sale only $35

Demon Horns

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...