Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting fresh

MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
Anyone interested in starting fresh?  PVP/RP/PVE server, doesn't matter.  Would prefer a server with no current toons aboard.  Long term goal can either be PVP oriented or PVE oriented, I'm down for whatever.  Send a PM or reply here if interested.  

Comments

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Honestly, I've been considering a return to WoW a lot lately, I haven't played consistently since I raided way back in BC. The only barrier to me coming back is all the xpacs I've missed, and would consequently have to buy...but yeah, I really would like to give it another go. From what I've read, I have vaguely followed WoW, the gameplay, and what I would be doing if I came back has really changed, and although I can't say for sure it doesn't sound like it's all been for the better. Hmm, I don't know if it'd be worth it to come back or not, if I didn't have to buy all those xpacs I'd jump right in, but damn that's a big investment for a game I've already walked away from once. Need time to think, but if it matters I'd prefer a RP server, one of the old ones...my original server was Earthen Ring, not sure how it's doing now, but I wouldn't be against a return there if it's healthy. Oh, and definitely have to play Horde.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I want to really start fresh.  I want this game to get to the retirement stage where it starts opening up legacy servers that gate content in the order of its original release.  I'd love to be able to progress through all vanilla, BC and WotlK content again, patch by patch, dungeon by dungeon, raid by raid, tier by tier.  Imagine if they do something like this several years from now, when they're on their 7th expansion.  If they opened up servers that started from the beginning (like some EQ servers do) and then added in major content patches every 2 months and expansions every 6 months.  They could get a lot of classic fans to return for up to two or three years of non stop action, content and progression.  
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Sounds like a private server to me :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Keep me posted if either of you make a decision on returning,  Not in a rush.  
  • page975page975 Member Posts: 312

With the leveling speed of WoW now, you better both play exactly the same time or you would outlevel by 20 levels in no time at all, unless end game is all you care about.

- Years ago it took a day of playing and mopping around to level from 21 to 22.  Now dont blink or your several levels diffriance.

- If one likes dungeons and one likes Open world, you will be several levels diffriance.

- Open world is not built for two or more, content is way to easy.

This is almost sounding like its not an mmo any more, now that I think about it !

• Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

im leveling a warrior on stormreaver. you can add me in game with my bnet tag taconite#1946 if you want to join me. 

Kinda enjoying the game a bit again and having fun just running dungeons and tanking them.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I am giving it a shot on the euro servers. There is a ten day mist trial enough till FFXIV comes up.
    Chamber of Chains