Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If this next group of MMORPG's are not good, I am DONE!

TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Year in and year out we are promised this and that from this Developers.  And year and and year out they release absolute lack luster games our way.  I first was snagged into this genre by Earth and Beyond, and while I know that was a pretty crappy game, it still was my first MMO and I fell in love.  That love affair lasted to about 2009 (with various MMO's) and since then it just seems like MMO developers are releasing games that are even worse then before.

So I have said to myself, if this next group of MMO's (ESO, Final Fantasy, Wildstar or EQ2) fail to give me what I want or rather need in a game.  It might, no it will, be time to go back to Consoles....

Has anyone else ever felt like this?

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I have felt like this.

But honestly, i'll keep coming back and playing them.  I always have at least.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    Only thing that could push me back to consoles is if they stop making computers.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    mmorpgs never took me away from consoles, I play it all
  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Tinybina

So I have said to myself, if this next group of MMO's (ESO, Final Fantasy, Wildstar or EQ2) fail to give me what I want or rather need in a game.  It might, no it will, be time to go back to Consoles....

Because MMORPGs are the only genre of PC games?

• ResertonReserton Member Posts: 52

Year in and year out we are promised this and that from this Developers.  And year and and year out they release absolute lack luster games our way.  I first was snagged into this genre by Earth and Beyond, and while I know that was a pretty crappy game, it still was my first MMO and I fell in love.  That love affair lasted to about 2009 (with various MMO's) and since then it just seems like MMO developers are releasing games that are even worse then before.

Ok and wtf has consoles got to do with anything? You act like everyone who plays MMORPG's has come from consoles and so if not playing MMORPG we will go and play on a shitty console? what? I will play a NON MMORPG on a PC thanks.

• Yuk0raYuk0ra Member UncommonPosts: 35

Where is the "What the hell are you talking about!?" vote option?

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Consoles... Really OP? MMO's could disappear altogether and I'd still go to the PC for my gaming fix.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

If you don't want to get let down here are my easy tips:

Don't pre-order, don't buy anything in a cash shop until the game has launched, use kickstarter at your peril. Wait until a MMO launches, read the reviews not the previews. Then make your decision, I have never been really unhappy with a MMO I have played but then I always wait for the reviews.

Simples.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

I have felt like this.

But honestly, i'll keep coming back and playing them.  I always have at least.

I am afraid that is what I will eventually do...

But who know's, when I say I am done with something I generally stick to it.. For the most part.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I'll go back to single player RPGs. I think I outgrew MMORPGs since I'm 30 now so I'll be playing Wildstar Online just so I can get into something and if EQN sucks then that will be it for me. Maybe take up FPS games or try some serious matches in DOTA as opposed to casual randoms.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

So you will flee back to consoles, eh ?

You realise that almost all the upcoming AAA MMO's are going to be on console too ?

There is no escape !

Muhahahahahaaa !

• page975page975 Member Posts: 312
    Originally posted by denshing
    Consoles... Really OP? MMO's could disappear altogether and I'd still go to the PC for my gaming fix.

Same here, Consoles suck !.....I'm about fed up with mmos too, lets see what ff14 and Wildstar have. I may give up too.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Nothing could ever drive me to play my games on consoles. Even if there were no MMORPGs I would still play my single player games on PC. 

Also, I think you mean EQ Next instead of EQ2..........

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

"Will you be going back to Consoles if this next round of AAA MMO's fail to deliver?"

I am already playing console games. Games like Deus Ex:HE and Dishonored are much better than most MMOs. I do play some MMOs like STO because there is no other choice for Star Trek RPG.

So i am not "done" with MMOs nor i will go "back" to consoles, because i am already there.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    I play both PC and console (PS3) games and will continue to do so. MMO's arent' the only games to play. Heck, I have HUNDREDS of games on Steam I haven't finished yet.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    If you don't want to be disappointed then don't buy before you try. There are no mmos coming this year that will be worth playing. In the meantime stop playing these wow clones and try other types of games.  Games like Age Of Wushu, Darkfall, Vanguard, Lineage 2, Eve and Final Fantasy XI.
  • NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

Never going back to consuls and have not owned one since the PS1 and N64 in the late 90s.

There are already some good Niche MMOs out there. People don't like niche MMOs and say they are failures because a million other people don't play them. Yes, the industry is in a dark age right now but people should find ways to make their own fun.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

I understand that this is your opinion, but if you are an MMO Fan then suck it up. There are always going to be bad games and hopefully we've gotten the all out of the Genre for awhile.

Saying you aren't going to play MMOs if the next one is bad is like saying you wont drive if your next car is a LEMON

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
    Originally posted by Mannish
    If you don't want to be disappointed then don't buy before you try. There are no mmos coming this year that will be worth playing. In the meantime stop playing these wow clones and try other types of games.  Games like Age Of Wushu, Darkfall, Vanguard, Lineage 2, Eve and Final Fantasy XI.

Yeah. I tried Eve and it was a big disappointment. I would much rather play console games like Dishonored (which is a lot more fun than most MMOs i have played).

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I think its less that games are getting worst, its more that we have so many games available to us and we have become far more stingy. We are VERY spoiled now, which tends to give games little chance, even IF it is a good game in its own right. Rather then looking for the next game to impress, I think its best to look at what originally caught you into your first MMo and really think of what you want. Rather then judging harshly, why not just see if a game has what you want and if its leaning in the direction you want it to go and just stick with it and support it?

• MrG8MrG8 Member UncommonPosts: 111

I agree.. but I dont think we'll see "the perfect" MMO anytime near.. we're in a period now where you play games "for free" and where the companies get money from other stuff inside the game, making the games much more simple and boring, making the games only last a few levels.

I too hope the next big MMOs will give me satisfaction, but sadly I think I already know they most probably wont.

• GaeluianGaeluian Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Can I have your future stuff then?
    Originally posted by Purutzil

I think its less that games are getting worst, its more that we have so many games available to us and we have become far more stingy. We are VERY spoiled now, which tends to give games little chance, even IF it is a good game in its own right. Rather then looking for the next game to impress, I think its best to look at what originally caught you into your first MMo and really think of what you want. Rather then judging harshly, why not just see if a game has what you want and if its leaning in the direction you want it to go and just stick with it and support it?

Why should i do that?

You said it yourself. We have so many games available to use. It is more fun hopping from one to another. I don't play games to support them, i play them for fun.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607
    I was fairly happy with how GW2 turned out, tbh, and I am looking forward to the era of Kickstarter MMORPG's. The future looks bright to me.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

The success or failure of MMORPGs isn't a life changing matter for me.I'd like to find one I really like and don't get sick within the first year of release,that hasn't happened for awhile now,but it's not a critical part of my life or world.I'm a gamer and there are tons of good games in different genres and platforms I can choose to play,there are also a lot of fun non gaming activities to engage in with my free time.

I got no need to indulge in such absolutes and melodramatics.