Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions

DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150

Hey all, 

I am curious, is there an official or unofficial RP server? 

Can the crafter jobs gain levels just from crafting? 

Will the crafter jobs be able to slot up combat skills and run out and fight? 

Will the equipment be much like FF11 where everything was purchased off the AH from other players? Or will we be able to get gear from NPCs and drops? 

Comments

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by Dhaenon

Hey all, 

I am curious, is there an official or unofficial RP server?  The servers only vary by region, other than legacy servers I dont think the theme varies at all.

Can the crafter jobs gain levels just from crafting?  Crafting levels by crafting, you slot abilites in that class that you use while making things. Making stuff is like a little mini game, and you use your abilites while making items. Thats how crafting classes work. You dont fight at all while in a crafting class

Will the crafter jobs be able to slot up combat skills and run out and fight?  no combat skills, just abilites for crafting items.

Will the equipment be much like FF11 where everything was purchased off the AH from other players? Or will we be able to get gear from NPCs and drops?   both, mobs drop gear and gear is also crafted and sold in player shops.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• kaishi00kaishi00 Member Posts: 299

Hey all, 

Will the equipment be much like FF11 where everything was purchased off the AH from other players? Or will we be able to get gear from NPCs and drops? 

1) no specially labeled rp server to my knowledge

2) yes

3) no

4) can buy crafted gear or npcs sometimes have gear from quests.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I know there are unofficial ones set already and they will think about making an official one.

That's about the only way to gain experience unless you want to hassle with switching to the crafting class right before turning in a quest.

It's possible I think but I wouldn't recommend it.  It takes seconds to switch to combat class ready to go.

You'll be able to get gear from NPC and drops as well.  Hopefully crafters can make some of the best gear though.

• RyvellaRyvella Member UncommonPosts: 21

There is no official rp server though it was been requested by the community. Balmung has been announced the unofficial legacy server. I don't know if there's one for non-legacy. 

Yes you level up your crafter classes by crafting, no they can't help out in combat. 

As for the gear drops you'll also get them as quest rewards, though the quests aren't repeatable so you won't get enough for all your classes, which is where crafters come in.

Hope this helped. ^^

• WATSKIWATSKI Member Posts: 37

Hey all, 

RP servers (from what I've heard right now) for Legacy players, Balmung. For non-legacy, Gilgamesh.

Yes, the main way crafters can gain xp is by crafting items, but there are also levemetes and quests for them as well.

I don't think you can slot any combat skills, (I haven't seen anyone do that yet at least), and it seems you can only auto-attack for very low damage as a crafter or gatherer.

You can get gear from quests and NPCs, but you can still get better armor from a crafter with more frequency. Crafters are also interdependent on each other, or you ahve to level up multiple of them to really get higher with them.

Aim Small, Miss Small.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Hey all, I am curious, is there an official or unofficial RP server? Can the crafter jobs gain levels just from crafting? Will the crafter jobs be able to slot up combat skills and run out and fight? Will the equipment be much like FF11 where everything was purchased off the AH from other players? Or will we be able to get gear from NPCs and drops? 

1. I am also wondering about an official RP server.

2. Each crafting class has its own levels.

3. You can swap weapons and gear loadouts on the fly to any crafting or combat class with the same character. Gathering classes get stealth and anti aggro abilities.

4. Never played FFXI.

To expand on what you're asking:

Lets say I want to be a tailor (weaver). I can purchase a needle, equip it, and now I am a level 1 weaver with all the crafting menus and abilities that go with that class. I level up weaving to say level 5. Now I want to do some combat. Mage sounds fun. I purchase and equip a mage weapon such as a staff. Once the needle is swapped out for the staff, my character is now a level 1 mage. I have all the basic mage abilities and I go out questing. I end up messing around with mage up to level 8. How about some melee like the pugilist? Ok I equip some knuckles instead of my staff and now Im a level 1 pugilist and level that up to 4. Overall, I am currently a level 5 weaver, level 8 mage and level 4 pugilist. But only one class is active at a time depending on the weapon I have currently equipped. Re-equip the needle and im a level 5 weaver again. Keep in mind when you first start the game, you must choose a combat class and take it up to and including the level 10 class quest. After you finish that, you can equip any class' weapon and be anything you want anytime.

hope that clears it up a bit.

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by WATSKI

RP servers (from what I've heard right now) for Legacy players, Balmung. For non-legacy, Gilgamesh.

I'm taking this choice to mean that the RP community in this game has a degree of self-referentiality and a sense of irony (either that or none at all) lol.