Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New China release trailer is pretty awesome

Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

...much better than those we got for western market...

You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4tGMcKoh_8

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    That was done very well.   They should have done that one with the Western version but I think they at least learned to stick with in-game footage instead of live action.  Considering the gaming population of China versus the rest of the world I'm really curious to see how well this is going to do over there.   I'm pretty sure this is going to big hit there, but we will see soon.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Really does look nice, IDK if they have but they should fix or remake the last dragon battle, spite it looking very epic in this trailer.(Talking about in game so then the in game fight will match the feel and look of the trailer.)

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Don't yell at me, but the majority of the shots where from in game cut scenes /cinematics, correct? About the only real gameplay came during the wvw scene.

Eh doesn't matter. How do u guys think the game will do there? I'm not to sure that's the place for it
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

some of them were in game cut scenes, others was from in game period (i.e. the shatterer arriving is not a cut scene)

as far as how it will do? I have no clue. I don't know the gaming culture of China to give you a good guess. I hope it does well. Apparently it is the second most wanted mmorpg there after Blade & Soul.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Here is the same video but in 1080p:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T66V52F3GLs

A look at the Guild Wars 2 backpack collector's edition:

http://www.kongzhong.com/chinajoy2013/showimg/20130727/10894.html

And a look at what is inside:

http://www.kongzhong.com/chinajoy2013/news/20130723/10717.html

There are three pages for the last link, just go to the end of the last picture to click on them. It might be hard to see.

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    Blade & Soul > GW2 in eastern market, even B&S being P2P there(B&S will be F2P + cash shop + vip sub in China and is P2P in Korea-Japan, etc).
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Prenho
    Blade & Soul > GW2 in eastern market, even B&S being P2P there(B&S will be F2P + cash shop + vip sub in China and is P2P in Korea-Japan, etc).

How do you know since GW2 hasn't been released yet there?

More wishful thinkings... ;-)

All NC east games are P2P in east market and a big hit there. B&S has more to do with east culture in general when it comes to design-art style, lore elements and leveling curve than GW2.

In korea at least, B&S is he second most popular MMO currently, only behind Lineage 1, Aion is the 3rd one.

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Dude what exactly is you problem with the trailer? What has B&S to do with it? B&S is released in China for a long while, is a completely different type of MMO, has completely different model and well its completely off topic.

B&S will be released in China in the second half this year. It still in beta stage.

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Did they show off the cash shop?

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

i hear you, but you're speaking of the korean market. china is as different from korea as the u.s. is to mexico. the #1 mmorpg in china is wushu. gw2 is about as far the other direction as you can go.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by stayBlind
    Did they show off the cash shop?

They actually could have, cause there isn't shit in there that is a scam. Shocking right? image

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    I'm so heated that trailer was significantly better than the trailers we got in the west.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by bcbully

i hear you, but you're speaking of the korean market. china is as different from korea as the u.s. is to mexico. the #1 mmorpg in china is wushu. gw2 is about as far the other direction as you can go.

[mod edit] Not sure what I have less interest in Wushu or the gamming markets in China ....on second thought I could be interested in the direction a game goes in China

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I like it.  I won't complain that ours should've been better though, because it's not really fair to compare the two.  If say, a year from now, they released another trailer, people would say the newer one is better than this Chinese trailer.  It's impossible to predict quality from year to year.