Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finishing merciless too soon

dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Does anyone think that after you finish merciless you should be a higher level.  I've run 3 characters through all difficulties and they all ended up in the low 60's.  In a game with 99 levels that's not very far.  I imagine if you grouped more you could finish even sooner.

High 70's or low 80's sounds more reasonable.  That still leaves plenty of time for maps and item hunting.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
-- Herman Melville

Comments

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I guess you already have forgotten that Diablo 2 was exactly the same. 

But yes, you should be somewhere near max level upon completion of any game.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Low 60s sounds appropriate if you attempt to beat it early. Certain builds have an easier time than others. It is up to the player whether or not they want to grind some levels or rush through content. 

• itsTortitsTort Member UncommonPosts: 125

But you aren't done with the game, infact, you probably aren't even done with 60% of the game. They still have, what, 6+ Acts they want to do, plus there are numerous maps to be done. 

You can't forget that the game is still in Beta, and is not ready for launch. The idea of you hitting max level at the end of the current content is so you can continue your support in testing out their game, with multiple different items/etc. 

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by DAS1337

I guess you already have forgotten that Diablo 2 was exactly the same. 

But yes, you should be somewhere near max level upon completion of any game.

It's a been a while since I played D2 but if I remember correctly the hell cow level could easily get you into 70's in a few hours so nobody cared.

I don't think you should be max level either.  Leave some room for item hunting and maps.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville