Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Brand New FAQ Posted to the Official Site

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Everything you could possibly want to know about Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade up to this point in time has been collected and published in a new FAQ on the official site. For instance, it is now official that Eternal Crusade will be "premium with a free to play option".  There are also sections on units, lore, how to play with friends, release date and many others. 

What classes are in the game?

Each faction features a unique selection of classes drawn from their lore, and each character in a faction has the opportunity to choose from a variety of classes when they deploy on the field.

For the Space Marine faction, a few of the classes you can choose from include Tactical Marines, Devastators, Assault Marines, or Apothecaries (Wolf Priests in the case of the Space Wolves).

Check out their codices if you want to speculate - more details soon!

Read the full FAQ on the Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176

Glorious!

Also, first.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

They're saying all the right things... but I have been burned so many times...

They have a lot of convincing to do.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by ironhelix

Just do as I do

Go in without expectations

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• MegatronicMegatronic Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by ironhelix

Bring your expectations back down to earth and you wont go through that.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    As long as they do what they say it all sounds pretty good so far. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    It's basically ps2 with a warhammer theme. I like that. However, any news on npcs, and if there will be armies of npc's that play a part in the changing politics of the game?

Since that would be the aspect that would make warhammer differentiate from ps2 but still stay truer to an mmo.

Also they are 3rd person. Does that mean we are forced out of using first person? They should not restrict something that feels native to the design concept they are going with when it is also very eady to implement.

Only problem is how ping is king. Fps mmos weakness is sensitive to ping. Maybe soft targeting and certain aoe abilities can help to limit this problem. Or having small servers created for custom maps/ or dev created maps.

The devs would be wise to allow players to create custom content with this game. It should be a top priority. Since custom maps could include many things including mini games, which allows for content that devs don't want to bother with.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Originally posted by Incomparable
    It's basically ps2 with a warhammer theme. I like that. However, any news on npcs, and if there will be armies of npc's that play a part in the changing politics of the game?

They said that Tyranids will take part as NPC to keep the balance somewhat.

More then that I dunno.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

They need to include in the FAQ more on the campaign and continuity and wider meaning between battlegrounds per planet.

Eg: Supply lines, defences, resource capture and so on.

Effectively there need to be short-term goals ie combat tactics and long-term goals ie campaign strategy battle vs war. I hope the devs realize this as it's something repeatedly mentioned as a major detractor in PS2 or even GW2 WvWvW.

TL;DR: CAMPAIGNS <-> Battles FAQ missing.

• GitzStompaGitzStompa Member Posts: 54
    Can't wait for a good WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! to arrive. 
  • WaizerWaizer Member Posts: 125
    i really hope this turns out as good as it looks so far. Devs have really sold it to me, they seem to really get how to translate wh40k to a mmo
  • EbanyEbany Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Oh My God YES ... ug ......... umm ....... ops, need to change my pants.
  • BenrixBenrix Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Keeping my hopes in check somewhat, but very hopeful......
  • AvathosAvathos Member UncommonPosts: 155
    I always like to give the benefit of doubt. I look forward to see new information regarding this game. So far the multi-race concept sounds great.