Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Player Loses Revenant Supercarrier Worth Approx $8k In Combat

2»

Comments

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    What is life without taking risk. Why have it if you aren't going to use it at some point. Kudos to the pilot, and well wishes from a quick recovery.

Oh, we're talking about PL here. It's "only" a morale hit for them.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Even for PL that was a nasty hit.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• cosliecoslie Member UncommonPosts: 6
    While there's no point having it if you never use it, it'd make more sense saving it for special occasions.  I certainly wouldn't  take something that expensive out without having a plan and lots of support. 
  • RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    It doesn't look fun, but I know for a fact, when you get a hang of it, and have to do it yourself, damn is it scary/fun.
    Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• deathangelldeathangell Member CommonPosts: 85
    To be honest Losing something so valuable is as close as I feel to truly living while playing a video game. The enjoyment of working to achieve something knowing that anytime people will plot to take it and I will fight to protect it. That in its self is so thrilling.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Its sad that someone actually invests that kind of money and time into a video game, especially one where you can lose so much.....I also hear how great Eve's community is though I hear a few too many stories like this that say otherwise.
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    He didn't actually pay $8000 in RL currency for the ship.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    He didn't actually pay $8000 in RL currency for the ship.

i think thats the part that people have a hard time understanding, the big ships arent actually bought using real money/plex/isk conversions, or at least anyone who did would be a complete idiot. The plex valuation placed on things is just to give a rough idea of how important/valuable they are in terms of in game resources. And while players can buy plex's for real money, the plex itself can only be used to either purchase 30 days gameplay, or be traded in game for isk, a plex cannot be converted into real moneyimage and the only way plex can be brought into the game in the first place is by players buying them with real money from CCP,  you can't buy a plex from CCP for isk.