Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this is what im talking about real crafting in an mmo.

2»

Comments

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Alumicard
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    ~1 hour of that loop produces about 300 Iron, 150 stone, 15-20 Rares for about 800 LP,  then a further 150 LP to smelt the Ore into ingot and from the stone into Bricks. This gives 100 Ingots or 1 Metal Pack, and 50 Stone 

So after I farmed for the maximum time of 1h 45min a day Im done? That is a bit frustrating to see that if you want to be a crafter you either spend money on the game or can only play 2 hours. 

Its not that simple. A premium account regens 5lp per 5 min and you also have the ability to purchase labor pots which instantly grant you (2 hour CD) up to 500 lp. At 50, your labor pool will be at 5k. As you level your trade skills, the high level you are, the less labor points crafting things will consume. You also have to be strategic with what you craft as some items will use a lot more points than others.

Remember, the labor point system is in place to balance the economy. Without it, the market gets flooded with items with a ever decreasing value as everyone raises their skills. Having to strategize how to spend your points for maximum benefit is all balance and a good thing for the economy.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by steelwind
    Originally posted by Voqar

Any MMO that's P2W/F2P will have a crappy and tained player economy.  Any crafting system that ties in to a cash shop or P2W system will be crappy.  Period.

I'm so sick of F2P.  Companies do it because it makes them more money, not to benefit players.  Quite the contrary.  F2P lowers the quality of the gameplay experience so much it's ridiculous.

First, there is no P2W items in the AA cash shop, just cosmetic items.

Second, I hate F2P too but unfortunately I don't think there will be another P2P game. It's not really fair to judge a game based on being F2P anymore since it is a sign of the market shift not game quality. So like it or not, all MMO's now will probably be f2P going forward. If AA NA is anything similar (as similar as it can be to KR) to KR F2P, it won't be p2w. Considering the main thing you will be shelling cash out for all revolves around labor points.

Actually there is, the Rice Cake which gives labor points.

I just don't know why is everyone so concerned about AA becoming F2P for us, lets wait what Trion has to say (just a few more months and they will probably come out with a plan :p ), AA being F2P in Korea doesn't mean it will be F2P here! Just check the Japanese version!

Originally posted by Rusque
    Originally posted by LlexX
    Originally posted by Margulis
    I like the building creation, that was really cool.  But from what I've researched it's still just gather materials and click a button to craft the items, which is the same as wow, rift, and a lot of other generic crafting systems.  Kind of mixed bag.  Seems no one wants to take the time to actually create a real deep crafting creation mechanic like Vanguard, which is a shame.

Same as in WoW you say?

Did you buy seeds from NPC, planted them on the open world, watered the crops and trees and collected the mats from them after? Did you buy baby animals, feed them to grow up and then butchered, trimmed, milked... them to get the materials from them?

Still same as in WoW?

No, that sounds worse than WoW.

I thought all the people who wanted that kind of bizarrely real life type stuff were playing the Sims. Why the hell would I want to water a tree in a video game? I barely want to get off my happy butt, go outside and take care of my real trees, why would I want to take care of virtual ones?

I love crafting, real crafting, which is why I'm a leatherworker hobbyist in real life! This "crafting" in a game is seriously mental.

Grats, you're going to play a game in which you milked a cow. The only people I see who can be excited to do mundane things like these are teenagers who have yet to join the real world and feel a sense of achievement. Go ask your dad how excited he is to water the trees. Good lord. This weekend when I'm doing yard work, I'll pretend I'm in a secret Beta for ArcheAge, maybe it won't suck as bad.

If you can't handle the dept, and the sandbox elements of an MMO, then there is a simple solution for you, just don't play them and keep playing your freedomless themeparks.

Originally posted by Alumicard
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    ~1 hour of that loop produces about 300 Iron, 150 stone, 15-20 Rares for about 800 LP,  then a further 150 LP to smelt the Ore into ingot and from the stone into Bricks. This gives 100 Ingots or 1 Metal Pack, and 50 Stone 

So after I farmed for the maximum time of 1h 45min a day Im done? That is a bit frustrating to see that if you want to be a crafter you either spend money on the game or can only play 2 hours. 

You can still do many things:

• things which don't require any labor (grind mobs, farm instance, farm world bosses, farm rift like events...),
    • things which using up labor points slower (trading, fishing, treasure hunting...).
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Any MMO that's P2W/F2P will have a crappy and tained player economy.  Any crafting system that ties in to a cash shop or P2W system will be crappy.  Period.

I'm so sick of F2P.  Companies do it because it makes them more money, not to benefit players.  Quite the contrary.  F2P lowers the quality of the gameplay experience so much it's ridiculous.

Second, I hate F2P too but unfortunately I don't think there will be another P2P game. It's not really fair to judge a game based on being F2P anymore since it is a sign of the market shift not game quality. So like it or not, all MMO's now will probably be f2P going forward. If AA NA is anything similar (as similar as it can be to KR) to KR F2P, it won't be p2w. Considering the main thing you will be shelling cash out for all revolves around labor points.

I just don't know why is everyone so concerned about AA becoming F2P for us, lets wait what Trion has to say (just a few more months and they will probably come out with a plan :p ), AA being F2P in Korea doesn't mean it will be F2P here! Just check the Japanese version!

Hard time stamps in a cash shop (aka. free game) has always converted to 5 to 15 minute speed ups. Browser games are notorious for it. rapid build $3 for a 15 minute boost.

tldr: We have seen it all before.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by free2play

Hard time stamps in a cash shop (aka. free game) has always converted to 5 to 15 minute speed ups. Browser games are notorious for it. rapid build $3 for a 15 minute boost.

tldr: We have seen it all before.

This ^. Have not played a "F2P" in some time worth the bandwidth to download. And spammer and bot armies suck.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

If they make it too hard, only hardcore will have homes.  The problem with that is many so called 'hardcore' could care less for housing which they consider fluff. 

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Bjelar

If that's true, maybe it is a game for me?

Combat is easy and dull in all MMOs, there are F2S out there with GREAT combat but nothing else.

I don't play MMOs for the combat. Tab + skillbar is fine with me.

Same for me. awesome gameplay that provides challenge in almost every aspect is what matters. combat is just a simple part of a game, not the most crucial part.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.