Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help for jobs

DicloDiclo Member Posts: 2
Which job has the most physical damage? as in warrior monk or the others?

Comments

• LordshadelonLordshadelon Member Posts: 10
    I would have to say Warrior or Monk, possibly Ninja. But I don't think there is any one job that does the most damage persey, they're all pretty balanced with their own uses.
  • ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by Diclo
    Which job has the most physical damage? as in warrior monk or the others?

It's probably still Ranger in spite of the recent nerf. If it's not, then it's Monk, with Dark Knight in the running. This is somewhat situation dependent, of course--if you're going up against skeleton types, Monks are going to rock and Rangers are going to suck--the Monk will FAR outdamage the Ranger in such a situation.

• BushidouBushidou Member Posts: 17

Actually at lower levels 1-25 I'ld have to say MNK or BLM do the most damage but black mage doesn't do it physically.  From 25-75 RNG and BLM ba far do the most damage with DRK also doing a heck of a lot of damage.

Chu...Duty with Loyalty
    Gi...Justice with Morality
    Makoto...Sincerity with Actions
    Rei...Courtesy with Politeness
    Jin...Compassion with Benevolence
    Yu...Courage with Cause
    Meiyo...Honor with Honesty

• tempasttempast Member Posts: 18

rng, war, mnk - are considered top-teir DD's

drk,drg - can do well also

thf - can do good damage in xp situations

-ffxi

• magicferretmagicferret Member Posts: 24
    What about Samurai... they do decent damage.
  • magicferretmagicferret Member Posts: 24

• SmilingshadeSmilingshade Member Posts: 5

Depends on the level range, but typically, mnk/war, rng and, after 48 or 50, war/nin. Also, most people overlook the strength of a bst with an EM or higher pet. They do crazy damage.

doh' i totally forgot samurai

Personally i consider them   top-tier.. but their damage output isnt as fast as rng, war, or mnk in xp

but for god fights and such... they do great melee damage

bst is very good, but situational depending on the pets in the area

-ffxi

• novamasternovamaster Member Posts: 6

DRK(lvl 47) really can do awesome dmg in pt and solo, in almost every pt im in, all the MNK's do about 20-20? maybe.  i can do up to 60 - 70 in one hit.  THF have some of the highest dmg around 40 because of Viper Bite SATA, i had a THF once in my pt that did 513 to a IT crawler image

SAM have pretty good STR, but are more focused on getting TP than anything else, they dont focus so much on DMG as SC.

let me know if im wrong (lol)

well of course as a drk your damage per hit is gonna be the highers but with 400-500 delay your damage over time probably isnt quite as good as other jobs could be, it all depends on how good the player is, when it comes right down do it.

Thf, drg, and rng own the XP scene mostly because of the fact that most monsters that you xp on are actually weak to piercing damage (dagger,polearm, and ranged attack)  which is the same reason why mnk's own against bones because they are weak to blunt damage (club, h2h, staff) 

But don't get me wrong drk is very very damaging, especially later on.

-ffxi

• SmilingshadeSmilingshade Member Posts: 5

bst is very good, but situational depending on the pets in the area

Sort of, but not really. BSTs have the ability to use jug pets, some of which are insane at higher levels, like the HQ antlion and diremite familiars. 75 BST/NIN with Chopsuey Chucky = godly