Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK Murt is my homeboi!

KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Murt and I are gonna be the only ones on EQII while all you others regret not playing it while you take 5 days to build a crappy village or spend 4 hours to get enough gold to buy a healing potion.

Why doesn't anyone want to play EQII? EVERYSINGLE EQ bug has been fixed and so much more content has been added! What is not to be excited about?

Kiamde

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Comments

• K2theKK2theK Member Posts: 67

Until I see something more about PvP in EQ2, I wont be getting it.

Graphics in EQ2 are awesome, superb bumpmapping effects and excellent textures and animation from what I have seen.

But unless I see something being done about the PvP content in the game, then I am not interested.

• ShelkShelk Member UncommonPosts: 66

Well I can tell you why I don't want to play it.  Its run of the mill level treadmill, class restricting BS.

Simple as that.

Shelk

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Simply put EQ2 doesn't do it for me either.  It'll be a good game, the graphics are awe inspiring and the story.. I mean, any EQ buff would be glad to play a game where their charecter on EQ was a legend, getting hand me down armors and such.

The only reason I wont play this game is because it's too graphic, I'd feel like I was stuck in a world of Clay. Besides that your computer would need Uber specs to play and well folks.. I just don't have it.

-- STAFF

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• odinwiseodinwise Member Posts: 79
    I will probably try it out.  As I do with most MMORPGs that come out.  But there are other MMORPGs that look faaar more interesting than EQ II.  Horizons, World of Warcraft.  Hell, I'm still playing Dark Age of Camelot.  Its looking like it's just a beefed up version of the original EQ, which I wasn't too fond of.  But we'll see.  It could turn out to be an incredible game.

Pune!
    For the Horde!!

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I am very unimpressed with EQ2's graphics.  Lineage 2 and WoW both have far far better graphics imo.  I also think the 2 city, one good one evil, idea is really sad in a EQ game and was one of the worst things they could do with a sequel.

I am however a major fan of the original EQ and because of that plan to give EQ2 a try along with Lineage 2, WoW, Horizons, UXO, and FF Online.  Despite what has been revealed, the only way to know if any of these games is any good is to play them imo.

• GrinningFoolGrinningFool Member Posts: 1

I am looking forward to EQ2 quite a bit, I played on eq for a while. EQ2 while not being able to carry anything over does suck, the rest of the game looks awesome. I hope honestly that eq2 is not focused on graphics, and focused more on content. That is what made eq the most fun for me.

--EQ-- (Retired)
    65 Dark Elf Shadow Knight
    --AO-- (Retired)
    130 Opifex Agent
    --FFXI-- Current Server Lakshmi
    11 Elvaan Warrior
    4 Red Mage

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Misti

I am very unimpressed with EQ2's graphics.  Lineage 2 and WoW both have far far better graphics imo.  I also think the 2 city, one good one evil, idea is really sad in a EQ game and was one of the worst things they could do with a sequel.
    I am however a major fan of the original EQ and because of that plan to give EQ2 a try along with Lineage 2, WoW, Horizons, UXO, and FF Online.  Despite what has been revealed, the only way to know if any of these games is any good is to play them imo.

Unimpressed with EQII graphics, u gotta be kidding. WoW looks like a cartoon strip, EQII's graphics look awesome

Um.  World of Warcraft's graphics may look cartoonish but they're still good.  I personally think World of Warcraft has better graphics than EQ2, now, I know they have good graphics, but it's way too much.  The detail on those graphics actually down play on my ability to like them.

-- STAFF
    A:40% E:40% S:60% K:60%

Yeah Wow graphics may still be good but they are still cartoonish, EQII is at least more realistic looking.

EQII All The Way

Do not force me to flame you Flem.  image

-- STAFF

Originally posted by killerTwinkie
    Do not force me to flame you Flem.  image

-- STAFF

Lol, go on i dare ya. image

But seriously we shouldnt even be comparing the graphics for the two games. Both games have totally different types of graphics so there really is no comparism between the two. They both look great for what they are trying to achieve.

Cartoonish is a style, not a measure of good or bad.  I personally LOVE the very unique art style used in WoW and think it captures the different race character models well, not to mention the monsters and the beautiful landscape.

EQ2 has much more "realistic" graphics but seems to lack any style whatsoever (just my opinion of course image).  If they had "realistic" graphics AND had some style to give everything flare then that would be something but currently everything I have seen looks like claymation and severely lacking in worthwhile detail.

This isn't to say I think EQ2 is horrible or anything because I don't and I definitely plan to try the game and have high hopes for it.  I just see EQ2 getting so much praise over its graphics and was noting my opinion that WoW and especially Lineage 2 have much better looking graphics.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Gameplay is the "THC" of MMORPGs. Awesome graphics are the "cuban" added bonus.image

WoW will suck. The devolopers think 90-150 quests is alot. This is a quest based game! You need thousands for god sakes. Have you guys seen how small the world is? TINY! It is about the size of 2 DAOC realms and a half, w/o frontier. I will bet MONEY that this game will blow. Heck, ill send a "quarter" to the first person who think the game sucks when they first play it.image 

Im soooo stoned.image

Kiamde

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by Kiamde

Murt and I are gonna be the only ones on EQII while all you others regret not playing it while you take 5 days to build a crappy village or spend 4 hours to get enough gold to buy a healing potion.

Why doesn't anyone want to play EQII? EVERYSINGLE EQ bug has been fixed and so much more content has been added! What is not to be excited about?

Kiamde

Yea...were gonna be hanging out in that game! this games gonna rock...ya'all be sorry after playing taht gay wow or horizons....

w0000000000t Kiamde and Me are gonna WHOOP you guys in fun!

o yea...and for all of you who say that EQII's graphics are bad?

eat my assimage

TALK NOW!imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• sidissidis Member Posts: 1
    Well let's just hope that the weather system will resemble DnL's.  You'll need to watch it for like a minute or so to see the full effect.

http://www.darknlight.net/index.php?module=My_eGallery&do=showpic&gid=1&pid=155&orderby=dateD

That picture just proves my point.  Its so colorless, drab, blocky and lacking in detail it looks anything but "real".  Like I said though, I plan to play EQ2 as well so no you wont be the only ones having fun.  image

Now these look a lot more vibrant and stylish imo.  From Lineage 2.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

UGLY!

What are they finkin'?

Kiamde

Misti...i have to agree with my duuuude (kiamde)

ok i must admit...the first one is badass...but look at the rest!

Misti...admit it...

and u know itimage

*NOTE

besides..it takes place in fantasy medieval...does it not?

back then, there werent big rainbow colorful rainbow gayness everywhere

.......u gotta think

lol no offenceimage

Murt, you need to go look at the image section on the Warcry Lineage 2 site.  There are like 24 pages of pictures and 95% of them are better then any image released by EQ2 so far.  I think you would be amazed.  image

http://lineage.warcry.com/scripts/images/gallery.phtml?id=113&site=10

I must be missing something, those screenies dont llook better than EQII's.

Misti you have lesbianic thoughts?

this is probably the best screen i have seen of lineage II yet

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage