Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't Play

nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
So I decided to give Firefall a go, but I get an error message once it tries to install the game. A pretty common error according to their support forums concerning some "bug" yadayada (can't remember the phrasing. Supposedly you get that error if you don't have enough disk space, which I have an overabundance of, so go figure. Guess I won't be playing this. I tried to download this twice...

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

If you have 2 drives and you are saving the game to your D: drive and not your C: drive. The following might help. If your C:drive doesn't have enough room for the games temporary files.

For some unknown reason Firefall use to use the user account's document directory location for it's temporary file download instead of the emp directory like everyone else does. Your Documents directory and shortcuts are by default stored on your C: drive. 

Do a google search for "change /OS version/ documents location"  Where i've placed /OS version/ put your version of windows in.

Pick one of the links that explains what to do that you can understand and follow their directions.

BE SURE to revert this procedure after downloading or you might not be able to easily find your other documents afterwards.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams