Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the top PVP game at the moment?

A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

what game at the moment has the best and most balanced pvp,

im looking for a very competitive pvp game, with is open world, has like clan/guild fights, maby fighting over a castle or something sometimes, where guilds and clans use teamspeak and it gets very social and u realy get to know the people in ur clan and talk to them everyday.

a new-ish game would be nice.

i want one of them games where u get adicited and cant get ur ass off ur seat

open world pvp is my main big issue i would like tho

Currently Playing:
...... :(

Comments

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231
    you described darkfall, but it has its own problems. might wanna check it out.
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Fearmeirl
    you described darkfall, but it has its own problems. might wanna check it out.

it has no trial.. only way to try this game is to buy it, lucky for me its on steams 50% off summer sale, so i brought it just now to try out,

any other games out there?

Currently Playing:

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    ok Darkfall is trash thats a FACT!

Currently Playing:

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Robokapp

eve online, of course.

duh.

topic answered.

next question? :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

Darkfall is pretty much the only game that fits what you described. You won't like darkfall if you're bad at games that take skill, though.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Top PVP games:

-non-mmo: League of Legends, DotA 2, World of Tanks, War Thunder (IMHO);

-mmo: EVE-Online and potentially Mortal Online (has a limited F2P option which works like a limitless trial so you can give it a try; these again IMHO).

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Robokapp

eve online, of course.

duh.

If you are considering it solely 'group/organized play with high emphasis on having high economy to back it up, then yes. If you are talking about individual level, then theres virtually no skill involved. Person with the better ship will win. Honestly while it is emphasizing a lot on players taking down other players, its more of a political battle with some strategy involved with team strikes then actual like "pvp combat". 

Again, not a bad thing, but when someone things PvP game, Eve just doesn't tend to really bring that type of thrill to someone wanting skill to play a part in winning.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by A1D3N

im looking for a very competitive pvp game, with is open world, has like clan/guild fights, maby fighting over a castle or something sometimes, where guilds and clans use teamspeak and it gets very social and u realy get to know the people in ur clan and talk to them everyday.

Honestly, though I know the cool thing to do on this forums is pretend this game doesn't exist. GW2.

It objective just has very balanced, somewhat complex PvP. It's not perfect, it has it's faults, and it's not a FFA gank-fest. However, it has competitive tournament play (and lately they've really started pushing the esports part of the game by hosting tournaments & such). WvW is insanely fun if you're on a good server (lower tiers tend to have more small-scale skirmish battles, more casual). The server I play on (in Tier1) has a server-wide TS server, which has seperate channels for all kinds of things from guilds, to WvW specific maps, special squads, etc. The regular WvWers all know each other, and the good commanders do make a name for themselves. It's good fun.

If you want a more FFA-oriented game, Age of Wushu isn't bad either. It's a little clunky, but it has some good FFA fights, and guild battles can be fun (even if they're a bit structured). The biggest issue w/ AoW, though, is that it is highly lvl / gear dependant. There is literally no chance of beating a player 1v1 who has better gear / 5-10+ lvls on you, unless he disconnects or goes afk. the power scaling is just too extreme. However, I'm sure the bcbully PR campaign will be in here soon to stress how great the game is and how blatantly wrong I am.

If you want space battles, as mentioned earlier Eve is another solid choice. There's also World of Tanks. So those are the 4 main ones on the market atm:

GW2, AoW, Eve, World of Tanks

There are other MMOs w/ decent PvP, but none of the other ones do it as well as the above 3, or don't have enough of a population anymore to make it fun.

• JakzyJakzy Member Posts: 68
    Check out Gloria Victis, I think this game will be asm.
  • mattnatemattnate Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Check out Planetside 2, it's great open world 3 faction game with everything you wanted. Free to Play, join a faction, then guild and you are half way there, constant action, strategy, and Bio-dome(aka keep capture).
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

There really isn't any very competitive MMORPG.

WoW is probably the most competitive with it's arena tournaments.

GW2 is another choice but personally I find the game flawed.

If you are looking for something else than MMORPG then go towards MOBA games which are highly competitive or maybe even World of Tanks.

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    OP - Darkfall only seems like trash at first. If you learn how to play it, https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?363093-DFUW-Noob-Guide, You'll prolly love it.

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    ok Darkfall is trash thats a FACT!

I just bought Darkfall too and I'm very impressed. I guess this is why people say one mans trash is other mans treasure.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• wsmarwsmar Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by aesperus

Honestly, though I know the cool thing to do on this forums is pretend this game doesn't exist. GW2.

It objective just has very balanced, somewhat complex PvP. It's not perfect, it has it's faults, and it's not a FFA gank-fest. However, it has competitive tournament play (and lately they've really started pushing the esports part of the game by hosting tournaments & such). WvW is insanely fun if you're on a good server (lower tiers tend to have more small-scale skirmish battles, more casual). The server I play on (in Tier1) has a server-wide TS server, which has seperate channels for all kinds of things from guilds, to WvW specific maps, special squads, etc. The regular WvWers all know each other, and the good commanders do make a name for themselves. It's good fun.

If you want a more FFA-oriented game, Age of Wushu isn't bad either. It's a little clunky, but it has some good FFA fights, and guild battles can be fun (even if they're a bit structured). The biggest issue w/ AoW, though, is that it is highly lvl / gear dependant. There is literally no chance of beating a player 1v1 who has better gear / 5-10+ lvls on you, unless he disconnects or goes afk. the power scaling is just too extreme. However, I'm sure the bcbully PR campaign will be in here soon to stress how great the game is and how blatantly wrong I am.

If you want space battles, as mentioned earlier Eve is another solid choice. There's also World of Tanks. So those are the 4 main ones on the market atm:

There are other MMOs w/ decent PvP, but none of the other ones do it as well as the above 3, or don't have enough of a population anymore to make it fun.

If you are going to say that GW2 has decent pvp, then you have never experienced what good pvp is like.

Although it will be controversial for most, Warhammer Online still has the best RvR experience of any game out. Although I'm not playing it anymore because it doesn't have dedicated developers and it costs 15 a month, it is the best group oriented pvp experience you can possibly have right now. It has a great and tight nit community, probably due to the fact that there is a subscription. If you'd like more information on the game or if someone decides to bash me, I will be back to make my case heard.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Darkfall is good if you join a clan, participate, and learn the game. It kinda sucks at the start, but it'll surely grow on you when you keep learning about it.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Its up to you to decide if GW2's WvW qualifies as world pvp for you.  But it is a newish game and has good community involvement on voice comms for the pvp aspect of the game.

If you join GW2 under any of the top  WvW servers: Sanctum of Rall, Blackgate, Jade Quarry, Tanished Coast -- they will have a public voice com server you can join.

I personally feel Eve is the best game out right now for general MMOing.  There really aren't a lot of options if you are into pvp.  There is Eve Online, a couple of shaky PVP only FFA deathmatch type games, a game or two from the 1990s, and well... a whole lot of PVE themepark games with tacked on "pvp servers."

Oh, and if you try Age of Wushu (because in about 20 seconds bcbully is going to come plaster the page with adverts for it) try to stick with it for a day or two before you ditch it.  That game has some fun world pvp but you gotta fight through the worst tutorial ever created by a game company to get to it -- and it takes hours upon hours to get through it.   I can't personally recommend it though, while the game is great the company that runs it is beyond incompetent.  I loved the game but just couldn't stand the way it is being handled.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Originally posted by aesperus

Dragon Nest is the only thing that can keep me interested as a viewer. Too bad it feels awful to try and progress in any sense.

@OP I would check out Planet Side 2, it meets your requirements, the rest is your personal preference.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Wushu or EVE take you pick. It's not even really close. I rate DF:UW as a distant second. Then all the rest the crap.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by Maelzrael
    OP - Darkfall only seems like trash at first. If you learn how to play it, https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?363093-DFUW-Noob-Guide, You'll prolly love it.

no it is trash, DF1 was better. UW still missing most fo what DF1 had. Plus new UW combat sucks big time.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Planetside 2 has the most dynamic, visceral, tactical, rewarding, strategical, and skill based PVP out there.  Heck there aren't even PVE mobs to kill.  When you join a coordinated platoon using the in-game VOIP the game play level just sky rockets.  Of course if you don't like, or not good at FPS'ers, then all of that is moot image

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Planetside 2 has the most dynamic, visceral, tactical, rewarding, strategical, and skill based PVP out there.  Heck there aren't even PVE mobs to kill.  When you join a coordinated platoon using the in-game VOIP the game play level just sky rockets.  Of course if you don't like, or not good at FPS'ers, then all of that is moot image

yep PS2 is my go to change of pace game. I didn't mention it in the post above. Sorry SOE!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Planetside 2 really is top PVP and it would be so awesome if it was done with a fantasy theme around dragons.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Planetside 2.

In terms of real PvP (not arena/fair) Eve and Darkfall are at the top.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    Originally posted by Maelzrael

no it is trash, DF1 was better. UW still missing most fo what DF1 had. Plus new UW combat sucks big time.

Still trolling?

Unholy Wars is a thousand times better for gamers than the original was. Instead of grinding for 8 months just to stand a chance, and only having ONE class, now you can focus on just one role and be PvP ready in a short amount of time. Also, the combat is pretty much the same, but slightly improved in a number of ways.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    darkfall is crap.