Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you don't like it why are you here??

Comeon guys,

I dont mind you spreading hate in relevant areas but why u gotta louse up EVERY thread? People asking genuine questions and you respond along the lines of:

Well the pioneer account was actually a way for Farlan to get your address so they could come and slaughter your family while they sleep.

You havent played the game so you dont know what its like. We all know you dont like the game so your arguement of "warning off people" isnt right either.

What I find most unpaletable is that you are all gonna try and get free keys, I know your aching in anticipation to log in and ruin as many peoples fun as possible. There are people who arent looking to destroy the game for their own petty interests who you are gonna be depriving from playing.

And if it does go horribly wrong what you gonna do? I think you'll miss it more than you realise. This hatred seems life consuming, when its over there will be a gaping hole in your otherwise well adjusted rich lives. I'm guessing you'll wallow here for a few months, like a hippo in the mud!

And finally, WHY do you hate the game so much? Is it really only because u've been waiting a long time? Live life, and play games for enjoyment, dont let the next MMORPG you find consume you so.

Comments

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

I have to disagree with you I don''t think the fanboys are here attacking everyone and anyone who disagrees with them because they hate the game as you suggest but rather because they have so much of themselves invested in this game that they feel compelled to attack anyone that challenges their view.  It would be nice if they would stop the personal attacks and the hate and realize we all are fans of the game and all would like it succeed even if we have sharply different views about the likely quality of the game.

The reason us realists are here is quite different.  Mainly for three reasons the  refusal by NP3 to let anyone see their game or release any information, the lack of progress since they missed their 1st release date in 2002 and the simalarities in development between DnL and other games that failed at release like Shadowbane, SWG, Horizons, Wish, Irth, and Mourning.

If DnL would be up front with people and actually show us the game rather than a generic featureless stall job like SoG, drop the NDA and stop appearing to be afraid to let people hear and see the game people might think differently about DnL.  But no rather than let people play a smaller version of the DnL beta they have to go to all this trouble to create a fake DnL called SoG and act like its something different than what people are playing in beta. 

Unfortunately, all I have seen from the fanboys is personal attacks and a request to leave the forums against anyone who disagrees with their dream.  What we don't see from any of the fanboys is any actual reasonong why DnL might actually suceed all we see is blind faith and insults.  Most of us who express doubt and skeptism about DnL have been fans of DnL for 3-4 years and I would guess much longer than most if not all of the fanboys.   Further I sincerely doubt there is a critic of DnL on this board who is not rooting that we are wrong and that DnL turns out to be a quality game.

• blunder1983blunder1983 Member Posts: 52

Yeha Zip, I didnt mean you, I your posts arent spamming up everythread bitching about things which no one yet knows about. I find your posts constructive! :D

Its those who are incessant in their moaning and seem to live for the whinge I cant stand.

If ur playing a lightsider, look me up, I may sing a bardic ballard for you! :D

• snaggletoothsnaggletooth Member Posts: 23
    because trainwrecks amuse me
  • infra172infra172 Member UncommonPosts: 145

Virtually everybody who followed the game before this year has a negative view of it now. That doesn't mean we always have. We don't hate the game. We just hate the liers who say they're developing it.

blank

• clinteastclinteast Member UncommonPosts: 159

Originally posted by Zippy
    I have to disagree with you I don''t think the fanboys are here attacking everyone and anyone who disagrees with them because they hate the game as you suggest but rather because they have so much of themselves invested in this game that they feel compelled to attack anyone that challenges their view. I Unfortunately, all I have seen from the fanboys is personal attacks and a request to leave the forums against anyone who disagrees with their dream. What we don't see from any of the fanboys is any actual reasonong why DnL might actually suceed all we see is blind faith and insults. Most of us who express doubt and skeptism about DnL have been fans of DnL for 3-4 years and I would guess much longer than most if not all of the fanboys. Further I sincerely doubt there is a critic of DnL on this board who is not rooting that we are wrong and that DnL turns out to be a quality game.

U lost me zippy with your fanbois description. In the first sentence you indicate fanbois are haters of the game. But then you suggest fanbois are the ones who have blind faith in the game and make personal attack against others?

Besides that you made some valid comments. But if DNL choose not to release any info or let people play their game thats there choice. They dont owe anyone anything but some people act like they do.

At the end of the day i am sure most of us want to see the game released when it is ready. Who knows how long that will be though

::::16::

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by clinteast

I have to disagree with you I don''t think the fanboys are here attacking everyone and anyone who disagrees with them because they hate the game as you suggest but rather because they have so much of themselves invested in this game that they feel compelled to attack anyone that challenges their view.

I Unfortunately, all I have seen from the fanboys is personal attacks and a request to leave the forums against anyone who disagrees with their dream. What we don't see from any of the fanboys is any actual reasonong why DnL might actually suceed all we see is blind faith and insults. Most of us who express doubt and skeptism about DnL have been fans of DnL for 3-4 years and I would guess much longer than most if not all of the fanboys. Further I sincerely doubt there is a critic of DnL on this board who is not rooting that we are wrong and that DnL turns out to be a quality game.

U lost me zippy with your fanbois description. In the first sentence you indicate fanbois are haters of the game. But then you suggest fanbois are the ones who have blind faith in the game and make personal attack against others?

Besides that you made some valid comments. But if DNL choose not to release any info or let people play their game thats there choice. They dont owe anyone anything but some people act like they do.

At the end of the day i am sure most of us want to see the game released when it is ready. Who knows how long that will be though

The OP in his orginal post asks why are people here?  And why so much hate?  I was attempting to explain why the fanboys come here with so much hate and why they feel the need to personally attack others.  My first sentence said the fanboys are not here because they hate the game as the OP suggested in his original post but rather because they hate anyone who disagrees with them as DnL has become such an integral part of their identity.  When someone said something they percieve as negative about the game the fanboy then reacts as if it was something negative said about himself and becomes quite defensive.  Essentialy the fanboys are here for self esteem not to have a discussion.  But in an ironic twist what they end up reading about the game is just one more blow to their self esteem.
  • LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by clinteast

I have to disagree with you I don''t think the fanboys are here attacking everyone and anyone who disagrees with them because they hate the game as you suggest but rather because they have so much of themselves invested in this game that they feel compelled to attack anyone that challenges their view.

I Unfortunately, all I have seen from the fanboys is personal attacks and a request to leave the forums against anyone who disagrees with their dream. What we don't see from any of the fanboys is any actual reasonong why DnL might actually suceed all we see is blind faith and insults. Most of us who express doubt and skeptism about DnL have been fans of DnL for 3-4 years and I would guess much longer than most if not all of the fanboys. Further I sincerely doubt there is a critic of DnL on this board who is not rooting that we are wrong and that DnL turns out to be a quality game.

The OP in his orginal post asks why are people here?  And why so much hate?  I was attempting to explain why the fanboys come here with so much hate and why they feel the need to personally attack others.  My first sentence said the fanboys are not here because they hate the game as the OP suggested in his original post but rather because they hate anyone who disagrees with them as DnL has become such an integral part of their identity.  When someone said something they percieve as negative about the game the fanboy then reacts as if it was something negative said about himself and becomes quite defensive.  Essentialy the fanboys are here for self esteem not to have a discussion.  But in an ironic twist what they end up reading about the game is just one more blow to their self esteem.

lol deep but this goes only for the fanboys who luvs the game but what about the ones that hate the game to the point where not just one post saying its crap well do
  • snaggletoothsnaggletooth Member Posts: 23

People don't hate things without a reason. Remember that - TOMORROW.  ;]

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

the reason for the hate is simple, this shit has been going on for a long ass time. people coming to the boards and calling out the game, and naturally the people that support the game try and defend it.

when you go to a certain game's forum and make a negative post you are always going to get a negative response, it is inevitable. and it has been going on for so long that now if you make a negative post it usually sparks a flame war.

then you have the trolls, and still to this day i have not figured out what motivates these people to waste their time making themselves look like jackass's the way they do. but IMO all these things combined have created a snowball effect that has generated all the tension on the boards regardless of your opinion on the game.

remember people, no matter what you say or what you do you are not going to convince everyone to share your opinion on the game. no amount of bashing, trolling, or information will convince people otherwise. say what you have to say and move on anything els is just adding fuel to the fire IMHO.

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• SandyarSandyar Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by angerr

the reason for the hate is simple, this shit has been going on for a long ass time. people coming to the boards and calling out the game, and naturally the people that support the game try and defend it.
    when you go to a certain game's forum and make a negative post you are always going to get a negative response, it is inevitable. and it has been going on for so long that now if you make a negative post it usually sparks a flame war.
    then you have the trolls, and still to this day i have not figured out what motivates these people to waste their time making themselves look like jackass's the way they do. but IMO all these things combined have created a snowball effect that has generated all the tension on the boards regardless of your opinion on the game.
    remember people, no matter what you say or what you do you are not going to convince everyone to share your opinion on the game. no amount of bashing, trolling, or information will convince people otherwise. say what you have to say and move on anything els is just adding fuel to the fire IMHO.

I reconize it a little from F&R section from EQ1 server boards. Some people enjoy hurting other peoples feelings and the discussion that follows. I think it is very US thing among teenagers they seems to have to much time alone so their social skills get all messed up.
  • angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

Originally posted by Sandyar
    Originally posted by angerr
    remember people, no matter what you say or what you do you are not going to convince everyone to share your opinion on the game. no amount of bashing, trolling, or information will convince people otherwise. say what you have to say and move on anything els is just adding fuel to the fire IMHO.I reconize it a little from F&R section from EQ1 server boards. Some people enjoy hurting other peoples feelings and the discussion that follows. I think it is very US thing among teenagers they seems to have to much time alone so their social skills get all messed up.

generalizing doesn't help much either ::::40::

there are people from all over the world at all ages, that act like idiots....not saying there isn't alot of kids in the us that act like that because there are, just my personal observations. ::::22::

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

Are you kidding? Europeans are every bit as capable of trash talk and hurting feelings and seem to enjoy it every bit as much. There are a lot of things that can be considered quinticentially American... rude behaviour isn't one of them. That particular character defect is shared by people all around the world.

• Did it ever occur to you that Inferno possibly felt guilt for taking part of hyping this game up and realized what a pile of crap it is, so he went to the extent of attempting to warn everyone by breaking the NDA?

Or maybe just maybe, the people who talk trash about this game are beta testers who don't want to encounter a lawsuit yet want to warn you in a round about way?

Never mind.. im sure you'll sleep better at night shrugging all the negative comments off as "naysayers"...