Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is just a big fail *for me*

1235»

Comments

• SephrinxSephrinx Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Considering the fact that this was the fourth Post on the front page of the forum, I would hardly consider it a necro... But yeah, it was getting dusty. I came, I spoke, and now people are getting butthurt about it. Seems to be the typical trend on these forums. People don't like what you have to say and they get upset and lash out in one way or another.

imageimageimageimage

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by Sephrinx
    Considering the fact that this was the fourth Post on the front page of the forum, I would hardly consider it a necro... But yeah, it was getting dusty. I came, I spoke, and now people are getting butthurt about it. Seems to be the typical trend on these forums. People don't like what you have to say and they get upset and lash out in one way or another.

Of what forum? GW2 forum? I find this really hard to believe considering the post before yours was 5 months prior to you posting... lol

I agree with everything you said, OP. The main reason I stopped playing the game, is that there is nothing to do in it. I don't care for the psuedo-content filler fluff crap. I want hard, legit content. I don't want to run a nintendo style dungeon, I don't want any sort of non-combat items as a reward, and I don't want achievements. What I want is to raid.

When they demolished the MMO Trinity of Healer, Tank and DPS, they really crucified themselves in that aspect. Not having definitive roles is an abomination. Aside from the fact that you can't really do much at level 80 aside from meaningless trifles, such as 100% World Completion which is just a joke to me, and other meaningless crap, each class only has a handful of skills. I don't want 5 skills and a few 'utility' abilities along with a laughable "elite" skill. I want several dozen abilities and macros of my various skills to use. Sure, some classes had two weapon slots, but not all of them. And even at that point the amount of abilities you had was depressing. Looking at screenshots of my Rogue, I had... 30 different spells and abilities on my hotbar, excluding Trinkets, racials and Macros. I used about 80% of them in any average fight. 

I don't know, I really wanted to like this game, but it feels like a pretend game almost, like it's only to be played for killing time and jumping puzzles and mystic forging..... It was fun, I made two 80s (one out of rage/spite) and a few other high level characters, but it just wasn't fun too me after everything was said and done.

So, despite being wholly against almost every one of their majorly hyped pre-launch features, stuff that was explicitly stated years before the game came out, you really wanted to like this game? At no point would this game have ever been for you if you're as vehemently opposed to those systems as your post suggests.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    The reviews and impressions forum unlike the GW 2 general forum does not get a lot of traffic. Check it for yourself the first page has threads which have their last post in February.
    Chamber of Chains
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

SO Elikal, you say GW2 is too hard, other people say its beyond faceroll easy. And people complain mmos are easy. ANd you saying its hard enough to make you quit. Whats going on with gamers these days? easy games are bad, and hard games are also bad?

I know its your OP post is your opinion only, but the reasons you gave as let downs are the major reasons why i prefer GW2 over the rest of the mmos.  I love the combata system more than the rest. I prefer their "lack" of trinity over the tank n spank in every single other mmo out there. Nobody else wanted to get away from guest hub linear paths to leveling. Rift did try with invasions and rifts but did it very poorly. ANET needs to improve their DE but they are far superior than the other games taht are doing them now, and much better than the traditional quest hub from A to B to C to D. Also, While they could add new stuf for lvl 80 (no wow end game grinding mechanics), i am ok with the route they are taking with the game.

Its clearly not for you, that is fine. But dont expect it to become just another generic mmo. TOo many of those that dont like to take risks to be different and most are bad.

Originally posted by cheyane
    The reviews and impressions forum unlike the GW 2 general forum does not get a lot of traffic. Check it for yourself the first page has threads which have their last post in February.

Ah, point made. That's pretty funny actually.

• MasterfuzzfuzzMasterfuzzfuzz Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by Elikal

Emphasis on *for me*. I have no clue how active people are in general. Tho I'd like to know.

Really, it was just a short lived experienced, strangely even MUCH shorter than ANY other big MMO of the last years. Heck, I played SWTOR 4-5 months before I really had enough. Here, after 6 weeks I really began to feel tired and bored. I mean, don't get me wrong, visually and by design this is probably THE most beautiful game world, at least in fantasy. But so much other stuff just didn't work for me. I can just sum up some impressions.

- COMBAT SYSTEM: While I enjoyed the fresh and different feeling at first a lot, the longer I played the more bored I felt. In some way, most classes played way too similar. For instance, a WOW Druid or Mage REALLY play different. Not to speak of their various specializations. In GW2 a Warrior and Vanguard doesn't feel different, and even a Thief and a Ranger feel just a bit different. Not really overmuch. The few skills you have really limit the variaty, and I miss my 3-4 full skillbars and the many options how to fight. Any char loses health WAAAY too fast, so it forces you to lolcopter and evade, which over time just began to get on my nerves and making me feel weak.

- LACK OF TRINITY: Yeah I am an outspoken fan of the Trinity, because I love the REAL cooperation of teams it allows. Any other jack-of-all-trade system like GW2 never ever worked creating good teamplay. There isn't much in terms of social gameplay experience either. *shrug*

- EVENTS: At first this event system really looked pleasing and fun. But again, over time I began to feel dull and nauseated. I really stopped caring for the story, and just realized I was simply grinding that damn bar that filled as I did whatever the "event" told me to. I never thought I say that, but I actually miss real quests. Somehow I can't help but think a real quest can bring more diversity that these "fill bar X while doing Y" event stuff. Events would have been good additionally, like the Rifts. But as the sole system I found them too weak. And the events don't create any social experience either. Unlike in Rift people are not grouped and thus not inclined to do stuff together still. Everyone just silently works "together" a while and then runs off.

- BORING ENDGAME: As ever so often, GW2 didn't make much better endgame. I like the open world WvW a lot, but how long can you conquer the same castle over and over until it gets old? The last 20 level zones are tough, some impossible to solo, and I felt like I was way too easy overpowered by mobs. So endgame felt more like a chore to me. I wasn't even able to finish my stories, because in the last level the story instances are too tough for me, and nobody ever joined me to help. :/

*shrug* If you enjoy the game, thats really fine. But I am really let down. MORE than by SWTOR to be honest. I am not that angry because I was a huge Star Wars fan, and I never cared that much about GW2. I really wanted to like it, and at first I was totally thriled. But the longer I played the more I got bored, and I really never got bored THAT fast than with GW2. Just my two cents.

You are literally the worst kind of mmo player out right now. It's the WoW fanboys like you that have really killed this genre. Your whole post is "this isn't like WoW and I don't like." I don't like GW2 either but because it's a bad name, not because it's not wow. Please save us the trouble and leave this genre

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by grimal

I really enjoyed playing GW2 when I did.  It offered something different for me.  I haven't played in months, but if friends are willing to hop back on it, I see no hurdles in going back to it.

Same here.  I really enjoyed it and it did offer me quite a journey that lasted longer then most MMO's do these days.  Sadly I left but the rest of this year is looking very bright and I see myself jumping back in when they introduce the new skill acquisition patch and dungeon finder.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Serelisk

I agree with everything you said, OP. The main reason I stopped playing the game, is that there is nothing to do in it. I don't care for the psuedo-content filler fluff crap. I want hard, legit content. I don't want to run a nintendo style dungeon, I don't want any sort of non-combat items as a reward, and I don't want achievements. What I want is to raid.

When they demolished the MMO Trinity of Healer, Tank and DPS, they really crucified themselves in that aspect. Not having definitive roles is an abomination. Aside from the fact that you can't really do much at level 80 aside from meaningless trifles, such as 100% World Completion which is just a joke to me, and other meaningless crap, each class only has a handful of skills. I don't want 5 skills and a few 'utility' abilities along with a laughable "elite" skill. I want several dozen abilities and macros of my various skills to use. Sure, some classes had two weapon slots, but not all of them. And even at that point the amount of abilities you had was depressing. Looking at screenshots of my Rogue, I had... 30 different spells and abilities on my hotbar, excluding Trinkets, racials and Macros. I used about 80% of them in any average fight. 

I don't know, I really wanted to like this game, but it feels like a pretend game almost, like it's only to be played for killing time and jumping puzzles and mystic forging..... It was fun, I made two 80s (one out of rage/spite) and a few other high level characters, but it just wasn't fun too me after everything was said and done.

So, despite being wholly against almost every one of their majorly hyped pre-launch features, stuff that was explicitly stated years before the game came out, you really wanted to like this game? At no point would this game have ever been for you if you're as vehemently opposed to those systems as your post suggests.

Pretty much dead on IMO.  Same for me when it comes to FFXIV, I personally loathe the game and that is only after a few hours in a beta weekend.  You'll never see my buying the game and then turn around a few weeks later and bash it.  I can bash the game quite fine without having to give square enix my money.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by azzamasin

I really enjoyed playing GW2 when I did.  It offered something different for me.  I haven't played in months, but if friends are willing to hop back on it, I see no hurdles in going back to it.

Same here.  I really enjoyed it and it did offer me quite a journey that lasted longer then most MMO's do these days.  Sadly I left but the rest of this year is looking very bright and I see myself jumping back in when they introduce the new skill acquisition patch and dungeon finder.

I too want to see what they do.

However, I am also not forgetting how we heard so much good stuff in the Manifesto and most of that was exaggerated at best. So I'm not getting hopes up until I really see impressive content that matches the potential this game had.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

However, I am also not forgetting how we heard so much good stuff in the Manifesto and most of that was exaggerated at best. So I'm not getting hopes up until I really see impressive content that matches the potential this game had.

Good news about a buy to play model, huh :o

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Well everyone has their own taste, but some of the things in this thread I will just realistically point out make no sense.

1. Your claim each class feels the same, each class has a bajillion different builds.  Your doing something wrong.

2.End game for this game has been discussed to death, i'll leave that alone and let a million other people come to this thread and talk about it.

3. Too hard to finish? Good. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Good news about a buy to play model, huh :o

Yes, it might very well be good news. It also might just be more smoke and mirrors too. We will see what we actually get.................in a buy to play model.

• Mr_MechanicalMr_Mechanical Member Posts: 88

I'm with ya, OP.

Only, it didn't take as long for me to realize all of this.  I followed the game and dev blogs from the beginning. Was hyped.  Pre-ordered even.  

I played the game for 1-2 days and just uninstalled it and gave account info to a friend of mine.    Not that I "hate" the game or anything, I was just bored to tears, disappointed, and unimpressed. I knew I'd never want to log back in again.  Ever.   

So far, I'm right.  

I still give much props to Arena net for making a"AAA" game that's B2P -  That's why I don't regret the purchase in the first place.   They deserve some support from us (players) if for no other reason than they are ok with shaking things up a bit, as far as the financial/business models go anyway.

The game itself I wasn't impressed in.   The graphics weren't even that impressive to me, considering how many other games I've played since the downward spiral of MMOs started ( around  WotLK basically)    

The lack of Trinity was a bad decision imo.   I've always thought it was a lame attempt when people bring up getting rid of trinity.  without Trinity we see what happens.       One of three things so far:

1)  Everyone is godly uber powerful and doesn't need anyone's help to accomplish anything

2)  No one pays attention to anyone else's performance.  Group cohesion goes down the drain because no one has a clear roll to play.

3)  Every encounter becomes AOE spam.

The combat I felt was lackluster at best.    Mixing RNG/Dice Rolls with AIM/Reticle just flat out sucks and it's never proven to be very useful.    What we ended up with is a system that does neither of them well.   Very poor FPS/3rdPS attempt as well as a very poor and clunky TAB+Target attempt.      

There are way too many AOE moves and abilities.  Plus, the general pacing and animations just didn't feel very fluid to me.   

I'm glad the game is "here" and is an "option" for us to play in this over-saturated market of cash grabs, but I definitely don't understand the hype. 

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by marcuslm

As much as I hate to admit it, I pretty much feel the same way. A lot of the systems in this game seemed a lot better on paper than they turned out to be in reality.

I still tinker with it some since there is no sub fee, but it is really hard to motivate myself to log in most days.

Yeah, the thing is, they really just sorta repackaged the same old features we've all seen for years and years  All these kinds of comments I hear sound exactly like the things us "sandbox people" have been saying for years.  These themeparks are all just more of the same.  We need some new stuff to do.

I think Wildstar is going to suffer the same problem for a lot of people.  They've got a couple semi-unique ideas, but in the end it smells like themepark and will taste like themepark.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

[mod edit]

The ones that get me, are the ones where the poster blatantly re writes what you say changing your words to say something you didn't say so that it fits into an already pre-made argument against you.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Kaleston

Well, I love gw2, but I can understand you very well :) I got exactly the same feeling while playing some of sandbox games (wurm comes to mind).

I'd like to address combat though. I play 5 classes simultaneously. To be honest, fight feels very different for all of them. Maybe I'm just lucky to use specific combination of weapons that doesn't share similar mechanics, but everytime I switch character, I have problem of adjusting to new playstyle for a while. Also sorry, but comparing druid and mage and than warrior and guardian... that's pretty one sided isn't it? Go to wow and compare mage and oomkin druid - very different playstyle, isn't it?

Just for the sake of completeness, these are main weapons my characters use: war - greatsword, ranger - longbow, thief - dagger+pistol, mesmer - staff, elementalist - staff. I also tried hammer guardian and staff necro, but for some reason it wasn't so fun for me.

Have you ever tried a greatsword with your Mesmer? I use a greatsword most of the time and a staff occasionally.

[mod edit]

The ones that get me, are the ones where the poster blatantly re writes what you say changing your words to say something you didn't say so that it fits into an already pre-made argument against you.

Since you're both making passive aggressive comments against other users without saying who they are, I have to assume Sephrinx and by extension, you, are referring to me. But I don't enjoy being called an asshole for pointing out some very simply inconsistencies in logic.

Not only did Sephrinx not like the individual skill system, but also the group dynamic. That's essentially the entire combat system. They also didn't like the primary reward system and the content with which you obtain those rewards. These are the largest selling points of the game, so I'm at a loss of how pointing out that you don't like these things means you are never going to like GW2 somehow makes me an asshole.

[mod edit]

Since you're both making passive aggressive comments against other users without saying who they are, I have to assume Sephrinx and by extension, you, are referring to me. But I don't enjoy being called an asshole for pointing out some very simply inconsistencies in logic.

Not only did Sephrinx not like the individual skill system, but also the group dynamic. That's essentially the entire combat system. They also didn't like the primary reward system and the content with which you obtain those rewards. These are the largest selling points of the game, so I'm at a loss of how pointing out that you don't like these things means you are never going to like GW2 somehow makes me an asshole.

I will not speak for Sephrinx. I did not call you an asshole. I did not imply you are an asshole, nor will i ever. But saying something like "you are never going to like GW2 somehow makes me an asshole" is just wrong on both points. At the same time you are making a lot of assumptions about me. You may assume whatever you like. But it really gets on my nerves when I make what appears to be a legitimate gripe against the game and therefore branded as a hater.

I must hate GW2

I assure you, I like the game, I wouldn't have this many completed characters. And they are all fully geared with multiple builds, so I just didn't ding 80 and drop them.

I think I've earned the right to express where it needs improvement. and that people who white knight every critique, are the ones who are not helping it improve.

[mod edit]

I will not speak for Sephrinx. I did not call you an asshole. I did not imply you are an asshole, nor will i ever. But saying something like "you are never going to like GW2 somehow makes me an asshole" is just wrong on both points. At the same time you are making a lot of assumptions about me. You may assume whatever you like. But it really gets on my nerves when I make what appears to be a legitimate gripe against the game and therefore branded as a hater.

I assure you, I like the game, I wouldn't have this many completed characters. And they are all fully geared with multiple builds, so I just didn't ding 80 and drop them.

I think I've earned the right to express where it needs improvement. and that people who white knight every critique, are the ones who are not helping it improve.

In this particular instance, I tried to make it a point to say that I was talking about Sephrinx by repeating their name in my post. Cause according to them, I'm now an asshole & a troll for telling them that the game is not the right one for them.

Only a page back, they said they wanted to raid, they don't want non-combat rewards (safely assuming this means cosmetic gear/achievements), they think the fact that GW2 not having a trinity-less system is an "abomination", and they hate that you have a limited skill bar instead of tons of skills and macros. All opinions that I'm completely fine with.

The issue is that, in the same post, they said they 'wanted to like GW2'... which makes zero sense considering all of the major  things they want out of an MMO, GW2 expressly made it a point not to have. These major selling points of the games were known at least 2 years before the game released. GW2 was never meant to appeal to them. That is what that post was about and is why I said they will never like the game. What they want is not an illegitimate opinion to have, but it's an illegitimate complaint to raise against the GW2. It's like complaining that McDonalds doesn't serve a whopper.

Apologies for lumping you with Sephrinx. I don't normally respond this much to personal insults, but I felt like I owed you that clarification.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Elikal

Emphasis on *for me*. I have no clue how active people are in general. Tho I'd like to know.

Really, it was just a short lived experienced, strangely even MUCH shorter than ANY other big MMO of the last years. Heck, I played SWTOR 4-5 months before I really had enough. Here, after 6 weeks I really began to feel tired and bored. I mean, don't get me wrong, visually and by design this is probably THE most beautiful game world, at least in fantasy. But so much other stuff just didn't work for me. I can just sum up some impressions.

- COMBAT SYSTEM: While I enjoyed the fresh and different feeling at first a lot, the longer I played the more bored I felt. In some way, most classes played way too similar. For instance, a WOW Druid or Mage REALLY play different. Not to speak of their various specializations. In GW2 a Warrior and Vanguard doesn't feel different, and even a Thief and a Ranger feel just a bit different. Not really overmuch. The few skills you have really limit the variaty, and I miss my 3-4 full skillbars and the many options how to fight. Any char loses health WAAAY too fast, so it forces you to lolcopter and evade, which over time just began to get on my nerves and making me feel weak.

- LACK OF TRINITY: Yeah I am an outspoken fan of the Trinity, because I love the REAL cooperation of teams it allows. Any other jack-of-all-trade system like GW2 never ever worked creating good teamplay. There isn't much in terms of social gameplay experience either. *shrug*

- EVENTS: At first this event system really looked pleasing and fun. But again, over time I began to feel dull and nauseated. I really stopped caring for the story, and just realized I was simply grinding that damn bar that filled as I did whatever the "event" told me to. I never thought I say that, but I actually miss real quests. Somehow I can't help but think a real quest can bring more diversity that these "fill bar X while doing Y" event stuff. Events would have been good additionally, like the Rifts. But as the sole system I found them too weak. And the events don't create any social experience either. Unlike in Rift people are not grouped and thus not inclined to do stuff together still. Everyone just silently works "together" a while and then runs off.

- BORING ENDGAME: As ever so often, GW2 didn't make much better endgame. I like the open world WvW a lot, but how long can you conquer the same castle over and over until it gets old? The last 20 level zones are tough, some impossible to solo, and I felt like I was way too easy overpowered by mobs. So endgame felt more like a chore to me. I wasn't even able to finish my stories, because in the last level the story instances are too tough for me, and nobody ever joined me to help. :/

*shrug* If you enjoy the game, thats really fine. But I am really let down. MORE than by SWTOR to be honest. I am not that angry because I was a huge Star Wars fan, and I never cared that much about GW2. I really wanted to like it, and at first I was totally thriled. But the longer I played the more I got bored, and I really never got bored THAT fast than with GW2. Just my two cents.

I can relate.  I feel its because GW2 isn't a *traditional* MMORPG which was built on longevity.  GW2 is an MMO pretty much catered to a casual crowd (and hardcore people can have a casual streak) to drop-in and out of the game as they see fit.  When you look at it as a temporary game that you slowly make your way through it takes on different value *for me* ;-)

I love the world. ANet did an awesome job creating an environment that is lush, pretty and screams to be explored.  Where they failed for me was putting enough content into that world to make it worth exploring.  Getting XP for finding an area isn't enough for me.  But to be fair the game is essentially brand new.  ANet has announced a bunch of changes by the end of the year that made me raise an eyebrow.  i.e. - GW2 *CAN* be fixed.  Give it time...

Combat is ultra-personal and many times is the divisive factor between if you like or hate a game.  Its a question of what type of combat system do you enjoy.  GW2 reminds me most of Zelda.  Zelda has RPG aspects, your character got stronger in the sense you gathered more items.  But the combat never went beyond the simple action attack.  But it was still fun because there was stuff to do and you had a mission.  GW2 is similiar in my mind.  The combat isn't deep since its action based (and no need to debate this - we just have to agree to disagree).  Now its potential saving grace is its skills.  Where I saw GW2 fail was they limited and restricted the skills.  Once you stopped gaining skills those who like progression had no real reason to continue the adventure.  Again, something they are looking to fix.

Trinity doesnt give you teamplay. Good players do. But thats just me.  I've had horrible pugs in WoW that was no different than GW2.

I actually loved the concept of events.  The idea that something has the ability to 'surprise' me while I explore.  What I think happened here is they simply didnt have enough events to start.  Everyone rushed through them like they always do then got bored with them.  Easily fixed with more, sophisticated events.  If you play WoW in Pandaria you'll notice it is trying to be more dynamic because its simply more fun.

You cant complain about endgame because GW2 has been beating you over the head that they dont have nor believe in endgame.  Its really interesting that no matter how many times the publishers tell you that some people listen.  They actually said Orr needed work and again something they are looking into.  Second Endgame is so hard to talk about because I guarentee you every game has a different vision for what it should be.

Overall while I agree with you that GW2 is boring and I don't play it as often, I have not remvoed it from my HDD and I believe I will play it more as ANet starts to implement they changes they have recently blogged about.

The game is less than a year old.  Let it mature a bit then see if its still boring.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    GW2 combat was more fun for me when i had played it for a few weeks/months. When it first came out i wasn't used to the constant movement, weapon swapping, fast paced combat and attunements(elementalist) etc. It was really fun to learn it all and now it's standard for me and it's really fun. With more skills and traits added soon it will be even better, we might even get new weapon types or weapons for each class, new elite skills etc. Looking forward to it.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Adalwulff

Seriously, nobody cares and people will still buy the game if it has the features they want, nothing you say will change that.

No, the world revolves around them and EVERYONE wants to hear their opinion.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by darkhalf357x

I love the world. ANet did an awesome job creating an environment that is lush, pretty and screams to be explored.  Where they failed for me was putting enough content into that world to make it worth exploring.  Getting XP for finding an area isn't enough for me.  But to be fair the game is essentially brand new.  ANet has announced a bunch of changes by the end of the year that made me raise an eyebrow.  i.e. - GW2 *CAN* be fixed.  Give it time...

This is actually one of the things they've seen surprising success in, tbh (getting more people into the open world as opposed to instances + high level zones). At least from my own personal experience, it's the only game that really populates any zone that isn't either max level or a capital city. With the way they do achievements with the temporary content, and all the new structures pushing more people into the open world, it's sort of thrilling seeing people in at least some of the zones. And in significant volumes, too.

Of course, there still remains zones that're almost completely barren, but I haven't seen any game with modest success at this so it's amazing to me that they've done this well.

All this aside, I can definitely see what you mean. In addition to the caged in qualities of the game, even though there is some awesome stuff most people don't get to see, it does feel like you're in a playpen as opposed to an open world with natural barriers. So it artificially devalues the exploration bit for me.