Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall, a failure produced by Red5

2»

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by megaderp

off my experience, I feel that firefall is a lacking game with a horrible company behind it. I've seen games like these and they just die as soon as they are released. 

-horrible customer support

-static  game-play (baneclaw) and nothing exciting

-over-priced store/shop system

-a massive fucking grind

anybody else feel the same way?

All I've gotta say is nice postcount / history. Looks like you made a new account specifically to bash these guys. Good job!

While Firefall most definitely needs work, I'd almost call it shameful to try and deface Red5 as a company. They've been doing nothing but tweaking the game / updating based on player feedback for over a year now. The foundations definitely there, but they need to add more to it for sure (possibly more sandbox features like customizing outposts & such).

Even if I don't end up playing this game, I'm not going to go out of my way to try and make people not play it. Red5 is a company worthy of support from what I've seen.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

I've had some fun zipping around in my jetpack and doing the random missions that spawn. It is pretty fun when a ton of players show up to these "Rift" like missions. One was set inside of a mountain and many it was trippy and fun.

As long as they keep adding that kind of open world PVE quest structure then all should be well. They have though been against open world pvp, but all things considered they should maybe reconsider that as the structure of the game is quite action oriented, just sayin.

• g4m3sh4rkg4m3sh4rk Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by aesperus

off my experience, I feel that firefall is a lacking game with a horrible company behind it. I've seen games like these and they just die as soon as they are released. 

-a massive fucking grind

All I've gotta say is nice postcount / history. Looks like you made a new account specifically to bash these guys. Good job!

While Firefall most definitely needs work, I'd almost call it shameful to try and deface Red5 as a company. They've been doing nothing but tweaking the game / updating based on player feedback for over a year now. The foundations definitely there, but they need to add more to it for sure (possibly more sandbox features like customizing outposts & such).

Even if I don't end up playing this game, I'm not going to go out of my way to try and make people not play it. Red5 is a company worthy of support from what I've seen.

If he made a new account to bash these guys or decided to come here brand new to inform the community how he feels about this game can not be figured by looking at a post count. Now that that is out of the way, why is his opinion off? You haven't provided any facts to support your claim or disapprove his. I'm not here to cause problems or contradict your post. I am simply saying giving anyone blind support with out facts is not a smart move. 

• codenekocodeneko Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by aesperus

-a massive fucking grind

I've been a member of mmorpg since 2006 and Firefall was the first game I bothered to comment in these, or any, forums about... and I've been playing MMO's since well before that... ugh, starting to feel old.  Part of the issue is the massive potential firefall had at different stages of development only to be flushed down the toilet for what seems to be monetary reasons.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I am going to be honest here and lets start off with that this is still Beta.

In this time and age we expect super qaulity games / mmo's.
    We have been spoiled so much that our standards are crazy high these days and developers need to give us suprise s*x and lots of stuff and things to do.

Firefall is doing ok, but after playing it 8 hours i expected at least nice boss fights.
    Alot more variation in mobs / enemy's.
    What i like is that the game is hard.
    Wanne be rambo's will find themselves back to spawn point in seconds.
    Crafting is complicated and i realy like that.

But what struck me after playing for 8 hours is i havent seen one epic boss fight...
    Its spawns and spawns of the same 3 or 4 enemy's over and over and over.
    Its action packed tough ^^ and maybe these epic boss fights will come later on in the game ?
    Maybe iam to fast with my judgement ?

But to impress gamers today you need to come with top notch shooters and mmo's or you end up at the bottom of the list.

Still its a fun mmofps and i have alot of fun, i just hope the game has some more suprises in store.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by Mothanos

I am going to be honest here and lets start off with that this is still Beta.

In this time and age we expect super qaulity games / mmo's.
    We have been spoiled so much that our standards are crazy high these days and developers need to give us suprise s*x and lots of stuff and things to do.

Wow, it's people like you whom every mmo that releases a beta with a cash shop just absolutely loves.  Not only eat it up and use the beta excuse also, but even try to tell other mmo players that they are spoiled for expecting a completed and working product when a company asks for your money, that we are the spoiled ones for having such high expectation.  lol. 

Firefall is doing ok, but after playing it 8 hours i expected at least nice boss fights.
    Alot more variation in mobs / enemy's.
    What i like is that the game is hard.
    Wanne be rambo's will find themselves back to spawn point in seconds.
    Crafting is complicated and i realy like that.

But what struck me after playing for 8 hours is i havent seen one epic boss fight...
    Its spawns and spawns of the same 3 or 4 enemy's over and over and over.
    Its action packed tough ^^ and maybe these epic boss fights will come later on in the game ?
    Maybe iam to fast with my judgement ?

But to impress gamers today you need to come with top notch shooters and mmo's or you end up at the bottom of the list.

Still its a fun mmofps and i have alot of fun, i just hope the game has some more suprises in store.

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184
    this aint a game yur sppsed to play fer hours at a time its more meant to b played a lil at a time :)thts ow i treat it i log in play abit thn log out  :)it might get better with time but then again it might not but its a nice time waster for times yu dun feel like soin anything special
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Why is Planetside 2 successful and this one not?....I didnt see what was so great about PS2....ALl anyone did was run around in a generic world and shoot each other...Isn't that basically all FPS's usually bring to the table?
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Why is Planetside 2 successful and this one not?....I didnt see what was so great about PS2....ALl anyone did was run around in a generic world and shoot each other...Isn't that basically all FPS's usually bring to the table?

3 Way faction PVP.  No PVE.  Multi-manned vehicles with gunners.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by templarx

I'm comparing this game to something like Defiance (even though Firefall is probably aiming for an EVE/Farcry blend) , and people are voting for Deviance on here as a popular game? I don't know, Firefall is by far more advanced , open and exiting than Defiance (which is a $60 game mind you) So yea, i disagree, i don't see what's so expensive in the cash shop? You don't need to buy anything there.

I play both Defiance and Firefall, both are great MMOFPS, but they are A LOT different. Defiance is a heavy story-oriented MMOTPS with a good TV show linked. Firefall is a free PvE game with nearly 0 lore but leaving the user free to decide what to do. In Defiance there is no gear progression, so you don't have to grind for equip. In Firefall you have to craft better equips or unlock different battleflames (grinding pilot points) to be more powerful. In Defiance Arkfall are a lot better than the Tornado in Firefall, ARES mission in Firefall are better and more varied than the emergencies in Defiance. Defiance has 7 classic instanced dungeons with only a level prerequisite, in Firefall there is only an instanced dungeon and you have to crat the key to be able to enter it. Firefall has jumpjets, Defiance not. And so on.

My advice: if you like MMOTPS, play both, they are both great!