Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Guild Wars 2: ArenaNet’s Master Plan for 2013

Comments

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    Originally posted by Disxxx
    [snip]

I've levelled up one character to level 80 with 100% world completion and some world PVP (which was very boring) so for an alt I'd rather not follow the same path. 

Many other games offer levelling through PVP Battlegrounds and it's allot of fun and a great way level ... especially when you've seen all/most of the PVP content already.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to progress my character in 'the real world' when i'm playing sPVP.

DUDE i can totally see that happening in the future. I mean, they are f@$¨& solving the legendary issue, which IS the most "grindy" thing to be done in gw2, i belive that may happend in the future, just hang in there :p

PS: F*¨% hole sheite, they are fixing the legendary hunt, they are fixing the legendary hunt they are fixing the legendary hunt....

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• DamarusofktDamarusofkt Member UncommonPosts: 74

Excited to see all this happen.   They did stick pretty close to the agenda set out in January for the first 6 months, so pretty trusting in seeing this happen in the next 6 months.

Leader of Knights Templar
    GW2 IGN: Damarus
    knights-templar.com

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

I better get started on those house chores and buy me new comfy chair because this is GOING to consume me!!! :p

Excellent news! Thanks.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    This game is the exact reason why I will never play a b2p or f2p game again that has no subbing. You get what you pay for, seriously. As someone mentioned the game is as shallow as a kiddy pool. They need a full goddamned expansion and they are doing crap like this. Hell there is still no word on the game housing.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

This is some great stuff to look forward to.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Maquiame
    This game is the exact reason why I will never play a b2p or f2p game again that has no subbing. You get what you pay for, seriously. As someone mentioned the game is as shallow as a kiddy pool. They need a full goddamned expansion and they are doing crap like this. Hell there is still no word on the game housing.

Is that why Swtor and Rift went F2P?  Or how about Lotro and EQ2?  All of them were sub games that eventually went f2p because their "quality" content.

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Does any of this plan involve have an actual endgame?  Like something other than grinding dungeons or wvw for 20 hours to get a hat that has the same stats as the one you had before but just looks different?
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Impressive.

but not surprised, in a good way.- its ANet!

• Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100

Again, I appreciate the work they are doing but I'd rather they just focus on some really game changing stuff:

- Housing / Guild Housing?

- Vehicales (lore is ripe with ships and airships)?

- Guild vs. Guild?

- New race, new class?

- New content that isn't overwhelming or irrelevant if you never hit level cap and haven't played in months?

If you got bored before you will get bored again. It's a great game don't get me wrong, but as B2P they need to attract new customers at somepoint and same old same old doesn't cut it.

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455

To all of you claiming they said there would be "permanent content", you should read that a tad more carefully again......

• Ever more Living World content, with much more permanent effects on the world.
    You can change entire zones and have the same quests and things to do after the Living Story expires, just in a slightly changed zone. This is more "limited time only" content, which seems lazy. Yeah yeah, I know "What about WoW making the last tier obsolete?!?!?!?!?!". You're right. They do. But at least if someone gets a wild hair up their bunger to do BWL, THEY CAN. This Living Story, while very neat and fun, keeps new players at arms length at all times, unless you join RIGHT at the beginning of a new part. It seems like a poor design plan. The other stuff is neat, though......just wish there was some ACTUAL permanent content added....
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Sounds about right from ANet.

Glad to finally hear an update on precursors and LFG system.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Crusix221

If you got bored before you will get bored again.

This is different from every other MMO how?  I mean, I played WoW for approx. 5 years, but it'd be damned insane if I played 5 years straight.  Actually I had an account for 5 years, I probably only played 3 and a half of that time.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

This will bring many players back, and it will also get people who are more casual playing more.

I see this affecting PvE'rs the most.  Lots of new skills and progression for builds.

I hope they add dwarves in as a playable race.

• Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Earlier this year I was bouncing from MMO to MMO trying to decide which to keep playing. I had max-level characters in GW2, SWTOR, Rift, WoW, Neverwinter, and The Secret World (also played LOTRO and Tera, but they quickly lost my interest). No one really seemed to have the end-game content I craved. And then GW2 started releasing it's 2-week updates. BAM! We have a winner! Great job, Anet! 
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Again, I appreciate the work they are doing but I'd rather they just focus on some really game changing stuff:

- Guild vs. Guild?

- New race, new class?

- New content that isn't overwhelming or irrelevant if you never hit level cap and haven't played in months?

If you got bored before you will get bored again. It's a great game don't get me wrong, but as B2P they need to attract new customers at somepoint and same old same old doesn't cut it.

Expansion/alternative idea - common sense I have stated this many times, what you ask for I know damn well you don't want what you ask for half asses or/and rush, i know you don't. So I'd advise patience, other video games, and/or coping with the upcoming stuff provided. What's sad is when it comes more than likly you goin to ask the exact same thing, it'll just be on the regards of "Where is more of ..."

Same old same old can be same old same old to new players?  Of which upcoming can and indeed bring new players.

Oh one more thing don't bank on an class or vehicles .

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    My biggest reason why i left GW2 was lack of skills. GW 1 spoiled me completely. So if GW2 ever gets that amount of skills i will be back in a heart beat.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    • Ever more Living World content, with much more permanent effects on the world.
    Permanent effects on the world? Really? How? Adding the previous LW encounters to fractals is great, but that's not a permanent effect on the world. I'm curious to see what they plan. I remain skeptical because this is what we heard DEs were going to do for the world.
    • Return of holiday events, but the focus will be on more permanent and impactful content.
    • New skills and traits for EVERY PROFESSION, as a form of endgame progress.
    • Retooled Champion Rewards Chest to make these bosses more exciting.
    • Dungeon Complete Bonus Rewards to encourage actually completing dungeons for gold.
    • New Crafting Material Rewards for WvW or PVE for all types of content in these areas.
    Nice!
    • Account Magic Find will replace current gear-based Magic Find via consumables and food.
    OMFG about EFFIN Time!
    • Fine and Masterwork Salvages = chance to acquire magic find consumables to raise this.
    meh
    • Crafting Professions boosted to 500!
    Really not happy with this honestly. I busted my ass to get Master Craftsman and now I'll have to go back again????
    • With crafting boost comes... Ascended Weapons and Armor to be crafted (or very rarely dropped).
    This part is needed, but it should be at 400 not 500
    • Precursors and Legendary Gear Changes + New Weapons and even new legendary gear types.
    This is needed
    • Select the stat combo type you want on your legendary at will, no more transmutations!
    NICE! Hello Rabid!
    • The WvW Orb Mechanics is going to see its replacement, with more details to come
    • More rewarding sPVP to line rewards up with PVE and WvW.
    • Queue and Leaderboards for Solo Play, separate from ranked team play.
    • New PVP map types.
    • PVP Legendary Weapon Skins
    • And of course the $10,000 ArenaNet PAX Tournament!
    • Eastern release will usher in new tutorials to explain the game’s functions better in all regions.
    meh
    • And last but definitely not least: the brand New LFG Tool is finally coming!
    This is another About effin time one too.

So, for the most part, some good stuff. Some stuff I really don't care about and one thing I dislike.

If they deliver it all, GG ANET!
    if not..........meh
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    No new WvWvW maps, still only 2 (there is only 2, 1 is copy and pasted 2 other times). No other feature in the game interests me. Orb system replacement is so late it doesn't mean much either.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96

- Guild vs. Guild?

- New race, new class?

this plus guild territory control with castle construction in WvWvW!!!

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316
    Originally posted by Ganksinatra

To all of you claiming they said there would be "permanent content", you should read that a tad more carefully again......

You can change entire zones and have the same quests and things to do after the Living Story expires, just in a slightly changed zone. This is more "limited time only" content, which seems lazy. Yeah yeah, I know "What about WoW making the last tier obsolete?!?!?!?!?!". You're right. They do. But at least if someone gets a wild hair up their bunger to do BWL, THEY CAN. This Living Story, while very neat and fun, keeps new players at arms length at all times, unless you join RIGHT at the beginning of a new part. It seems like a poor design plan. The other stuff is neat, though......just wish there was some ACTUAL permanent content added....
    Nevermind that yesterday Colin Johanson just stated that they'll focus more on permanent content on livestream.....
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    WvW is gonna be big in 2014, I tell ya! (just not this year)

I dunno, up until recently, WvW's gotten the most actual features added to it.  Were you hoping for more maps, or something else in the zones though?  But in terms of stuff to do and work towards, WvW's gotten a lot of love in the past several months.

I'm inclined to agree. No idea what exactly people expect in the WvW department that would satisfy them. Some kind of complete 180?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • AtrusVAtrusV Member UncommonPosts: 305
    I see the new skills come at high level, and they don't seem related to the weapon skills so... I can't love this game yet

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Thumbs up Anet.  They are not even slowing down with all of this content and updates while other studios would have stopped after only a few updates in between expansions.  Successful is as successful does.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

all great stuff and i cant wait for all to come.

I have to agree with Eir_S on weapon skills and being able to change them around. The way TSW did it, many weapon skills per weapon and you choose the skills you want to use on your hotbar. I definitely want them to add this. Also, i want more weapon variety for all the professions (mesmer with dual pistol? necro with dual axe or greatsword? Elementalist with off hand pistol and right hand sword? taht kind of thing.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Great to see Anet's plans.

Would have loved to see additional sPvP/tPvP gametypes but "fixing" (IMO) what they broke with the nov. 15th update (gearstats only obtainable from fractals and later laurels) makes me feel good.

More alt-friendly overall: I may start using the CS again to support the game :-D

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)