Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SHOCKED by firefall !!

2»

Comments

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by Greez
    From what I've heard this game sounds a lot like Huxley.

Did you play Huxley? i think it never launched here in NA. I wanted to play it so bad...... Is it any good?

It launched (well the beta did anyway)... I don't think it ever actually released though. I could be wrong.. I know for sure about the Beta though as I played it.

I was following Huxley for years. It's actually what brought the downfall of Ijji as they sank too many resources into the game without anything really good to show. Ijji then sold a majority of their portfolio's publishing rights to Aeria, including their player base. It was a terrible, joke of a merge with a multitude of problems.

They did launch a 'beta' of Huxley as a last ditch effort to see how the public would react. There was barely a ripple of the game in the MMO community. Additionally the game itself just wasn't smooth. That pretty much marked the end of Huxley.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Yamota
    OK sounds great but is the game, in general, a linear, quest driven ThemePark or...?

Neither(ignore the people saying it's sandbox) and is much closer to a generic themepark than any sandbox mmo.

It's basically the starter zone of any other mmo with some random mob spawns and a lot of grind.  They had a novel idea in that you could change classes without having to log a different character but when they removed character progression that's pretty much been degraded from different class to different gun mostly(and i't likely you'll have to buy them).  

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

It's not a themepark, it's not a sandbox.  There are no quest hubs, just quests.  There are classes, but you can switch at anytime.  You get experience which can be used to upgrade your battleframe (class), but it's limited to the battleframe you gained the experience in.  Also crafting is a must, since gaining new and better abilities all come from crafting.  You also have to go do missions, which give good amounts of Crystite and gas, which is kind of like currency for upgrading your battleframe, along with exp. There are no levels, just gear, which is mainly crafted.  You can get drops, but the crafted gear is usually better.

The mentioned event by the OP is what many call a tornado, since it looks like a giant purple tornado.  You have to kill these floating things that circle around the tornado, while Melding monsters spawn everywhere.  When you kill one of the floating things, it will spawn a bunch of monsters.  Once all the floating things are killed a portal will open, when you go into the portal, you will be tranported into the melding (the area outside the big blue wall that's surrounding the play area).  There are crystals everywhere, that you kill and they drop resources.  More and More Melding monsters spawn the longer you stay alive.  More and harder to kill, but better resource crystals pop up the longer you stay alive.  If you can manage to stay alive for ~2 minutes, you will start to see crystals that drop Crystite, and a bunch of rare materials that are used to crafting.