Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldschool Games - What Are You Playing?

13»

Comments

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

I've been playing Stonekeep.

Can't explain how epic this game was when it first came out. I miss being a kid so bad :...(

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

It's funny to see what all the new kids consider classics.. like Assassins Creed.. really? 

Some of us older folks who started gaming in the mid-90's and earlier have a dramatically different opinion on what constitutes a classic in the gaming realm, as opposed to someone who's only been playing for the past decade or less.

Vanguard?  Haha.. Okay..

• Samuel107Samuel107 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Super Mario Bros on Nintendo all the way. I can honestly play it for days, to the point where I am just dying on the first goombas and still play it.
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Friend of mine bought me a copy of BG:EE, been playing the crap out of that while waiting for EQ:next info to drop.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by BrooksTech
    Masters of Magic

On my "next list", after:

"King Of Dragon Pass" (cost: gog < iOS, though iOS works like a dream and souped up graphics).

• ClywdClywd Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by DMKano

EQ1 as usual.

Same here - eq1 just rocks.
    Though my girl recently forced me into Baldurs Gate 1 again.

Currently playing: EverQuest
    Waiting for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I love replaying old games. I am playing Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition, Morrowind, Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3 and Pharaoh/Cleopatra.

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Theocritus

I saw a few of the games on GoG.com also...How do they take dos based games and make them for windows7,8,etc?

GOG bundles and optimizes their games already with DOS Box so there is no need for you to do anything but buy the game and install. I have been a GOG supporter from day 1 and they honestly do a great job of making old games playable with limited fuss.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Costs too much to make my own and takes too long to do it by myself so, where can I find 100 volanteers with experience? Nowhere. So, where can I get $500 X 100 a week for wages + $15420 for the stuff they need. Or 20 years. Need alot of time or alot of money and even then there is no guarantee for success. Unless you do something else to make enough money or have sponsors it's unlikely anyone who isn't really passionate about it will succeed. Still though, Jamflex started out with 2 guys in their mums basement so it can be done.

I used to play TTD and make the routes take longer on purpose to get more money and use ships to transfer oil from one side of the map to another. Really clunky but used to love it. Patrician too and anno not the latest one because that sucks. Sometimes I just want to trade stuff from one point to another and make money off doing that.

Tried 16 bit tomb raider recently and it's better and tried Termanal Velocity chunky as but still fun. I always get scared when I have to fly through the tunnels or go through the clouds. Anyways I guess anything more than 10 years old would be considered classic technicly.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Although it just came out, you could try out Shadowrun Returns, since it is a 90's style type of game.

Also the Quest for Glory series are quite nice, if you enjoy an adventure/RPG combination.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    currently wizardry 8, heroes of might & magic 3 and aardwolf mud :)
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    KOTOR, Dungeon Keeper 2, Dungeon Keeper 1, Sim Theme Park, Majesty 1, Dwarf Fortress

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**