Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post some screenshots/memories

HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comments

• MasterfuzzfuzzMasterfuzzfuzz Member Posts: 169

Classic blewbies.

Zeks forever!

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

this isnt my screenshot but..

/shout Selling Bags of Stuff and Things at T1! Bronze armor, Banded Armor, Mino Axes, GLS's! Free SoW with every purchase!

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

/shout Selling Bags of Stuff and Things at T1! Bronze armor, Banded Armor, Mino Axes, GLS's! Free SoW with every purchase!

Heh nice.  I remember the first time i found out other servers did all their selling in the EC tunnel like yours.  I was on Mith Marr, apparently us and only 1 or 2 other servers did all of our auctioning in NFP.  Which always made more sense to me since there was a bank there ya know.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by Fangrim

rofl hulk with a sword.  I thought it was hulk smash, not hulk slice.

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by DMKano

Yep I remember this nightmare well, shows how few people were in EC at the time, probably less than 200 players in the zone most likely (which is why spamming chat sort of worked back in the day - imagine having 1000+ people in the zone all spamming chat... yeah it would never work today)

The system sucked, it was a ineffective and a huge waste of time now that I am looking at it, I didn't know any different back in 1999.

Bazaar was a huge step forward and one of the best things added to EQ1 (was the top requested feature).

Can't really judge it based on what you see at the opening, on my server at least the entire tunnel was filled with people all the way back to where the merchants were, Which is where most people were hanging out at and often kiting the merchants.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

/ooc GRIFFON!

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

My best memories are from much later in the game, when most already quit.

When DoD opened and we were chaining a bugged mission.

Getting up to the bridge in Drachnid Hive.

Camping dreadspire to get my AC augs for raid.

The first time we beat Vishimtar.

DoN and DoD were my favorite expansions.

I could post pictures but 99% of readers have no idea what I'm saying since for whatever reason, so many quit after PoP-GoD-OOW. Really, the best times of the game were much later for me, the  game was tons more fun around OOW, DoN and DoD for me than it was early on in EQ. Those were the best EQ expansions imo, and the fact they all follow up on each other probably means some designer was with the team at that point who did all the right things.

The graphics got way better and the gameplay and raids were way way way better later in EQ. The first raids were just tank and spank in EQ. It wasn't until GoD that EQ introduced exciting raids for me.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Originally posted by Dullahan
    Originally posted by Fangrim

rofl hulk with a sword.  I thought it was hulk smash, not hulk slice.

Yeah lol,I fixed it and he has bare knuckles now,just no screenshot :)

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

Not my pic, but i remember how excited i was to receive this.

• wizardanimwizardanim Member Posts: 278

One of my favorite memories was the FV multi-part event in 05' - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3032.  

We had a large portion of our server show up and take down the GM-event dragon.  We all rolled on the articaft items, one of my guild members thought he won a two hander weapon, so looted it.  Turned out he didn't win, and we went through a long ordeal involving GM and a week long waiting period getting it back to the rightful owner.

This was a great event for me because it brought people together again.  It was around this time that people started tapering off from grouping and where instances became the most-hunted content.  So, a nice change.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I remember a lot of my time as my dark elf necro, soloing out in OOT on Gargoyle Island, killing red/yellow/white con Gargoyles, and getting the eyes I think it was that were good money, and it was decent xp.  My girlfriend was doing jewelry making, and it was expensive, so I was trying to do camps to get extra money.

Playing in Blackburrow a lot, and the trains of gnolls running all around the inside of there.

KC and the crazy trains.

West Karana killing Barbs and bandits.

Raiding in Chardok, and if a runner got away down by the library, you would get like over a 100 adds sometimes, was crazy/fun.

Tons of memories, I had a character that could solo good, but I was usually with my girlfriend (wife now) and atleast 1-2 other people, met a lot of nice people playing EQ.  My most social experience in a mmo ever.  UO is up there as a favorite too, but it was not as social for me.

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Don't have any of my old screenshots, but I did find my old Magelo!

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/222948

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Heh nice.  I remember the first time i found out other servers did all their selling in the EC tunnel like yours.  I was on Mith Marr, apparently us and only 1 or 2 other servers did all of our auctioning in NFP.  Which always made more sense to me since there was a bank there ya know.

I think the thought behind using the tunnels was because NFP was home to the "good" paladins of the city which meant that evil characters would have to use the sewers to get there, which made it more of a hassle, EC tunnels was just an easy place to get to for most people.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.