Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wushu - I'm The Problem You Don't Want.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I logged in this morning, checked my mail, then went to my shop to replace what sold. Same as every morning. While I was there, placing and repricing the the music changed from the mellow Chengdu (main town) music to the battle music. I heard the thumps of a staff hitting me. I closed my shop screens and to my surprise saw 3 Shaolin, and 2 others, HuatAH guild. They were going to pk me.

I haven't been attacked on the city streets in over a month, let alone pk'd. I have only friends, because I killed all my rivals (KRS 1 circa 1997). Think fast BC. Lucky for me I had buffed up minutes before, an old habit from back in my younger wilder days. 

I took several more hits while I was stunned. Shaolin have great control. I was able to get my block up though, and parried another 2 or 3 more shots. There was my window, they made a mistake. My block should have been broken. 

In Wushu there are skills called parry buffs. Each do something different, when an attack is blocked. I had the Tangmen parry buff that gives 50% movement speed. Within that split second window they left, I used another Tangmen skill called "Following Madness." This adds another 50% movement speed buff. Most players (98% or so) can not utilize that much speed, because there's a "speed limit." I can though. A couple weeks ago I bought a rare flying skill called "Speed Up Without a Trace." This skill allows me to break the speed limit and adds about another 30% speed. I may as well been shot out a cannon! 

I sprinted through the market area (you can lose people there sometimes because of culling, kinda funny how much sense it makes.) and out the other side. I lost them. I put a message in scene chat "Super Ninja" I'm so damn fast.

I came back a few minutes later, and what do you know? There were 8 of them. They made no mistake this time. They killed me.  At this point I could have bountied the one who got the killing blow, but me being the BADASS I am, I didn't. I laid there and said "Ok, I will give you a chance to say sorry. You must not know who I am." The laughed, called me kid, said who the F are you and a number of other things I wont type. I gave one more warning "Alright, you really don't want this problem." The continued. I res'd on the other side of town. Let the hunt begin image.

As I write this now the score is HuatAH 1, BC 10. Over the coarse of the morning, and 4 different towns I killed their guild 1 by 1, announcing in world chat each time, with the second to last (so far) at their very own guild base in Shaolin. This guy was red named, so when he died he went to jail. Poetic justice. 

I was gonna stop there, but I haven't had this much fun in awhile, the must thought I was a chump or something. I think 20 of theirs for my 1 death seems fair.

tl:dr - I don't kill soloist, I only kill squads (Nas circa 2003) I'm the problem you don't want. image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Yea it's always fun getting over on the groups that like to gank. I've had to do the same once or twice; when you can't find that particular one you are looking for sometimes you have to still hit' em where it hurts and that's the guildies..

I can imagine the rage that was going on in their G-Chat.. LoL.. Good showing..

*Sigh* Maybe one day the game will have the proper backing for me to be willing to come back to it, for now it's just whatever. I don't need the headache and induced rage to outpour over it.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Opapanax

Yea it's always fun getting over on the groups that like to gank. I've had to do the same once or twice; when you can't find that particular one you are looking for sometimes you have to still hit' em where it hurts and that's the guildies..

I can imagine the rage that was going on in their G-Chat.. LoL.. Good showing..

*Sigh* Maybe one day the game will have the proper backing for me to be willing to come back to it, for now it's just whatever. I don't need the headache and induced rage to outpour over it.

Understandable ;)

You just can't get this stuff anywhere else. I'll say it again. I wish Blizzard would clone it. Hell even just host it. For me and the others the good of the game out weighs the silliness of the host, for now ;)

Hope you make it back.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Great that you found a game you are having fun in.  I dont PvP and didnt really understand some of what you said, but it doesnt matter.  I always assumed the only way one person in a PvP type game can kill groups is through some type of hack.  Good job. 
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

That's why altough I'm very displeased with their support I can't find myself to just trash the game. They have some really nice ideas in mechanics that Western developers should take note of. Age of Wushu is an example of the types of games even people in the West are willing to pay for.

Although the magic of AoW is soley it's own in some ways, man of the implementations of mechanics they use could be transfered to a willing developer in the West with equal anticipation and success..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

The game has great ideas.  A lot of the newer PVP Asian MMOs have sort of the same ideas, ArcheAge does.  Western games should seriously look at Wushu for some of the PVP stuff.

But Snail Game.....no way.   They are flat out shady.  The game also suffers from big time lag, being a twitch combat game means that is another killer.   When you add those two up, I just decided to delete it.  Not worth the hassle.

Originally posted by flizzer
    Great that you found a game you are having fun in.  I dont PvP and didnt really understand some of what you said, but it doesnt matter.  I always assumed the only way one person in a PvP type game can kill groups is through some type of hack.  Good job. 

I killed them 1 v 1. I'm pretty good, but not that good. I do know a Viet player, that I just can't beat. I've seen him kill 3 and 4 people at a time, and kite/fight 8 before escaping.

I can't kill the dude (w/o dishonorable methods), but nowadays I can run from him ;) That means I will be able to get him soon.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

I'm guessing they didn't call in GreatEast to fight you with every ridiculous set in the game? :P

Oh yeah, 400 dodge - might do wonders against C7.

Originally posted by Alamareth

I'm guessing they didn't call in GreatEast to fight you with every ridiculous set in the game? :P

No if they did I would remove myself from the conflict in order to find a more opportune time to continue my retribution. *wretched face*

When you see that dude, you can't help but image

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by bcbully

No if they did I would remove myself from the conflict in order to find a more opportune time to continue my retribution. *wretched face*

Yeah, maybe you...but me being so entirely melee centric - I just run.  I don't care if he button mashes or whatever, I just get slaughtered.

Originally posted by bcbully

Yeah, maybe you...but me being so entirely melee centric - I just run.  I don't care if he button mashes or whatever, I just get slaughtered.

Nah I'm say you can't help but admire the way his toon is put together.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Revenge is sweet!!!  I didn't really get into this game because of the crazy systems and pve/starting being super boring but I have seen some crazy footage that makes my happy as I have always wanted more of a fighting game styling to come and mingle with my mmorpg. Glad to see more games going this sort of path and can tell your having a blast by your posts... :)