Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AA nerfs Crafting

124»

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Benedikt
    Originally posted by muffins89 most players don't want deep crafting mmo's.  who knew?  oh,  the developers of 99% of the mmo's to release n the last ten years.
    yeah and thats the reason why not to put in .... because we would not want people who dont really like crafting not to be able to.

QFT
    I dont understand why devs make game systems shitty for the sake of attracting people to a system they dont really like anyway. You already got em playing for the combat/pvp, you dont need to dumb down crafting to keep them "more" playing.
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Benedikt

Originally posted by muffins89 most players don't want deep crafting mmo's.  who knew?  oh,  the developers of 99% of the mmo's to release n the last ten years.
    yeah and thats the reason why not to put in .... because we would not want people who dont really like crafting not to be able to.
    QFT
    I dont understand why devs make game systems shitty for the sake of attracting people to a system they dont really like anyway. You already got em playing for the combat/pvp, you dont need to dumb down crafting to keep them "more" playing.

Since you are such an expert with the AA crafting mechanics to say this, please explain to the others who are still not familiar with this crafting system, explain in detail how it works, and why is it shitty!

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by LlexX
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Benedikt Originally posted by muffins89 most players don't want deep crafting mmo's.  who knew?  oh,  the developers of 99% of the mmo's to release n the last ten years.
    QFT I dont understand why devs make game systems shitty for the sake of attracting people to a system they dont really like anyway. You already got em playing for the combat/pvp, you dont need to dumb down crafting to keep them "more" playing.  
    Since you are such an expert with the AA crafting mechanics to say this, please explain to the others who are still not familiar with this crafting system, explain in detail how it works, and why is it shitty!

Did I say AA? Nope. But I am talking about mmo crafting in general. To hear that Jake Song ditched a system with item synthesis and decay for something more popular is a huge red flag. Hardcore crafters for the most part, ask for guaranteed demand and high levels of customization as well as items that are at least on par with top end pve gear. Decay and synthesis allow for that level of crafting. Taking them out points to a typical crafting system catered towards people who dont like crafting. Its in just about every themepark right now.