Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End of Nations: Resurrected as a MOBA

2»

Comments

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Looking forward to this, may be good.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    The original game itself was a bit... meh... to begin with but a MOBA? Really now? Maybe they are trying to cash in on the MOBA name in hopes it gets attention since everyone wants one (not really) and functions completely different like the RTS part would entail?
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by razrwolf
    As someone who played End of Nations a fair bit I can tell you that it was practically nothing like Shattered Galaxy, at least in the ways that count, which was a real disappointment to me.

It was _enough_ like SG to get people excited.

Even old SG communities got revived for awhile.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    A bloody MOBA? Jesus... it was bad as an MMORTS but this... just sounds ridiculous.

Making a MOBA is all the rage now.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by DMKano
    The original game was a bad iteration of moba. They hopefully fixed it.

That is putting it lightly. The original game was convoluted, unnecessarily complex and spent more effort graphically trying to make itself seem amazing than actually being amazing. It's as if Brad McQuaid, a team of mesc-riddled CCP devs and the Trion marketing team locked themselves into a studio and refused to come out until either the game was half done or they ran out of acid.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• daystar18daystar18 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

Sounds terrible. Shame no one will really tackle an MMO RTS, the few that call themselves it are such a joke. Someone take the concepts that Shattered Galaxy started with a long time ago and advance them into modern times with some new features and better graphics.

If they're going to go this route, they'd better be looking at the game Myth and Myth2. The multiplayer was essentially what I'd imagine an "RTS MOBA" to be. People used points to design their squads for the match (bigger/stronger units cost more points) and then once in the match you didn't get any more units so it was a very strategic multiplayer battles. However, I doubt they will look at that and instead will make a LoL but with tanks version that is terrible.

Amazing how everything "new" or the "first" is really a rehash of a long time idea. Myth/Myth2 was out in the 90s and had what we would now call an "RTS MOBA" so it isn't like they invented anything at all here.

I thought i was the only one who loved the concept of shattered galaxy.  Very fun game in its time and the concept of rts/leveling units were amazing.  Sadly this is what i wished for when this game was announced.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

So how exactly is a MOBA RTS different from a regular MOBA? :D

Really, I have no idea what to imagine when I hear this.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

In RTS Moba you control multiple units.

In MOBA you only control one unit + (possible minions)

Maybe?

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444
    I don't know what to think about this. Seems like everyone's making "MOBAs" now-a-days. I just hope they don't stick too rigidily to the DotA formula. I already play League of Legends with my friends.

For the people lamenting the lack of MMORTS games, there's a game called Novus Aeterno in development that I'm hopefully optimistic about.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• ShattenShatten Member UncommonPosts: 40
    end of nation become moba then the gameplay would be something like airmech?

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Whitetragedy

I don't know where all the hate is coming from. If you look at the old EoN forums, the cbt experience was pretty positive. It seems that it's just the people who were expecting it to be like shattered galaxy that are hating it so much.

I think that if you guys will stop expecting it to be another shattered galaxy, but instead look at it as another game then perhaps it won't look so bad.

I was in that CBT and I will say from 1st hand experience it was a terrible game. Nothing like what the trailer suggested it was. Just an utterly awful piece of garbage in my opinion.

Smile

• ManioxManiox Member Posts: 25

The retardation from the comment posters here are so ridocolously high, do you think MOBA means DOTA? 

Moba meas multiplayer online battle arena which is the same as all other lobby games as CoD, Starcraft, Battlefield etc, where the hell do you read "Defence of the ancients"?

The most likely thing here is a starcraft type gameplay with units and strategy, not you dragging your robot around and hitting creeps and jungle buffs to get a pentakill and win.

learn your bloody acronyms internet

no i

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Games "die" for a reason.
  • WhitetragedyWhitetragedy Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

In RTS Moba you control multiple units.

In MOBA you only control one unit + (possible minions)

Maybe?

... I'd like to know how they changed the cbt version of EoN cause RTS Moba sounds a lot like what I played last year during the cbt

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Well at least they are trying to salvage this wreck.  This game was not good, developed by a company that has not put out any game of worth.  Trion put so much money into as a publisher they are probably just clawing at anything that may get them some money back on it.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    i love Trion, but it always seems as if they come right up against the edge of *real* innovation and then back away.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• ohgodtherats707ohgodtherats707 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Trion should have never made a tall order like that in the fist place.
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

What made me watch it was the original concept; A proper MMORTS with persistent base building elements. Over time, the game went further and further away from core RTS gameplay, and today it is a MOBA and no longer developed by a team of RTS veterans.

It's a shame, I guess we'll have to wait a long time for someone to actually make the persistent MMORTS people have been looking for since online RTS gaming was a thing.

• anwaranwar Member UncommonPosts: 108

MOBA?

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

maybe they should have made it an RTS/MMO Sandbox then it would be the new savior for the MMORPG.com fanbase.

because you know the motto here, if its not a sandbox .... it sucks.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Whitetragedy

... I'd like to know how they changed the cbt version of EoN cause RTS Moba sounds a lot like what I played last year during the cbt

It probably will be a rts moba they just didn't get all technical on the name. What they're stripping away from it is the persistant world and all the of the features that made it stand out.

It's now a much smaller scale rts game.  There wont be any nations getting ended by this game anymore :(

• azuredinazuredin Member UncommonPosts: 35
      Well, I played the beta for a while and it was fun...mostly...but they had a lot of issues...so I stopped playing while they sorted them out. Just got an invite for the alpha, so I'll give it another shot. It doesn't bother me if it goes MOBA, it seemed to be that from the start anyway (I see someone mentioned this earlier), I'm hoping they got back to basics and made the game fun again. Folks, it WAS fun! It could definitely be fun again...lets see first and then bash it!
  • chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Well good thing they dropped the old developer, they just don't have it anymore as the years developing this game show prior to it becoming an moba.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"